Watching Season 3 Around the World

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Re: Watching Season 3 Around the World

Post by Calderon »

And again. Fuck you, Sky Germany. I'm so angry now. Two hours later and still nothing to be seen :evil:
Tosker

Post by Tosker »

carson123 wrote:Does anyone know what will happen with now tv in the uk when they air the new game of thrones series next month. I just read that they will be showing it on Sky Atlantic the same times as they are currently airing twin peaks 2 am Monday morning and 9pm at night.
It would be great a shame if Sky discontinued the early monday airings. I can only hope that they will bump Twin Peaks by one hour and air it right after Game Of Thrones.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

So it's my understanding that Amazon's stream of TP (via their Showtime app) may be of higher quality than the native Showtime Anytime app, which has a somewhat artifact-y HQ stream.

Does anyone know when exactly Amazon puts new episodes up via their Showtime app on streaming? I don't intend to wait too long tomorrow to watch, but I might be willing to put it off a couple hours if Amazon has a higher-quality version.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

N. Needleman wrote:So it's my understanding that Amazon's stream of TP (via their Showtime app) may be of higher quality than the native Showtime Anytime app, which has a somewhat artifact-y HQ stream.

Does anyone know when exactly Amazon puts new episodes up via their Showtime app on streaming? I don't intend to wait too long tomorrow to watch, but I might be willing to put it off a couple hours if Amazon has a higher-quality version.
Amazon uploads the episodes around the same time the show airs live. Although I usually use the Amazon-Showtime live stream, which works great, the episodes are always there too, from what I've seen.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Thanks!
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
douglasb
RR Diner Member

Post by douglasb »

Maybe it's my set-up and the fact that we're watching this in SD (via Sky in the UK) but I'm spending a fair bit of time wondering what the fuck is going on because scenes are so dark. Bob left BadCoop? 'Mother' gave birth to Bob? The driving scenes?

What's the viewing experience like for you folks?
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

I haven't had any issues like that at all so far.
Tosker

Post by Tosker »

Some good news for UK viewers. Checking my Sky planner for next week, episode 10 will still air early on Monday morning. Only it will be a hour later, due to Game Of Thrones airing simultaneously with the US broadcast. (Two hours of fine viewing, if you enjoy both shows).
TweetPeak
Roadhouse Member

Post by TweetPeak »

IT moves to an earlier Slot starting 6th August so TP will air before GOT in the UK early monday
TweetPeak
Roadhouse Member

Post by TweetPeak »

Sky Germany has Episode 14 we are Like the dreamer in ep13 so beware! I Just Seen it and thought it is Episode 13 but the review of Episode 13 is different
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

TweetPeak wrote:Sky Germany has Episode 14 we are Like the dreamer in ep13 so beware! I Just Seen it and thought it is Episode 13 but the review of Episode 13 is different
Spoiler:
Yes, it is. Really stunning episode. Maybe the best right after episode 8.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Long shot: any Puerto Rican fans here? I'll be vacationing there this Sunday, and want to figure out the best way to watch the show in English.