Twin Peaks Character Series - 82 entries, runs thru 5/19

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

djerdap
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks Character Series - 82 entries, runs thru 5/19

Post by djerdap »

Evelyn has more screentime than Harold Smith, Philip Gerard, Gordon Cole or Jacques Renault?

That is scary.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

djerdap wrote:Evelyn has more screentime than Harold Smith, Philip Gerard, Gordon Cole or Jacques Renault?

That is scary.
Wow! I almost wish she was returning to S3 so Lynch could give her a Windom Earle style sendoff. :twisted:
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

Next up, Chet and Sam! :)
Can't wait!
"Your log and I are on the same page."
CuriousWoman
Roadhouse Member

Post by CuriousWoman »

I think I asked itsomewhere before but I did not quite get the answer.

How do we know that the events in Deer Meadows happened on the 12th and the 13th? I know that the series stated Teresa's death to be on the night of the 9th and the Chet's disappearance repport was on the 16th (the day Jeffries reappeared)
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

CuriousWoman wrote:I think I asked itsomewhere before but I did not quite get the answer.

How do we know that the events in Deer Meadows happened on the 12th and the 13th? I know that the series stated Teresa's death to be on the night of the 9th and the Chet's disappearance repport was on the 16th (the day Jeffries reappeared)
I wonder about this as well. We spend two days with Chet & Sam, and the first is a school day, so their journey definitely begins on either the 10th, 11th, or 12th. (I guess it could possibly also be as early as the 9th? Considering that it's unclear how the FBI even has jurisdiction over Teresa's murder, I'm not sure how quickly they would have become notified/involved). I don't see how we can pinpoint it anymore than that (except I guess to argue that the FBI would become aware of Chet's disappearance relatively quickly presumably, which favors choosing the latest possible dates).
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

Snailhead wrote:
djerdap wrote:Evelyn has more screentime than Harold Smith, Philip Gerard, Gordon Cole or Jacques Renault?

That is scary.
Wow! I almost wish she was returning to S3 so Lynch could give her a Windom Earle style sendoff. :twisted:

I wouldn't complain if she was back in s3. Fresh out of prison for killing Jeffrey and Malcolm and stalking James. Or, as some have (sarcastically) suggested, Evelyn and James conceived a child together, which she had in prison, and now she's out and looking to reconnect.
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
saygoodbyetojack
Roadhouse Member

Post by saygoodbyetojack »

Just read Annie's write up. Great piece.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

An observation of mine made it into these btw! It was my note about how Desmond's grabbing the deputy's nose mirrors the affectionate nose-honk of cooper-truman. Happy for it to be uncredited as long as I have this awful username (which follows the time-honoured be sharps pattern of "pun that becomes less amusing with each repetition"
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Don't forget a VERY young Heather Graham did a Calvin Klein commercial with DKL (and Benicio del Toro!).
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Don't forget a VERY young Heather Graham did a Calvin Klein commercial with DKL (and Benicio del Toro!).
Yep. Lynch personally picked Graham for Annie based on working with her on that.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

CuriousWoman wrote:I think I asked itsomewhere before but I did not quite get the answer.

I wish I could remember where I got that dating from. I remember going back and forth on a few things but not how I decided it was Friday/Saturday! Maybe they say "died 3-4 days ago" or something? I'll try to remember...
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Dalai Cooper wrote:Dude I'm loving it but I wouldn't want to be you when all the "I'll save it for a later entry"s come home to roost lol
the big one's gonna be the "Spirits of Twin Peaks" entry. Trying to get to a point this weekend where I'm far enough ahead that I can spend ample time on that one.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

This week's entries. Getting to some big characters next week, though I think the following week is what I'm looking forward to the most right now.

Evelyn Marsh (#35)

Mike Nelson (#34)

FBI Agents Chester "Chet" Desmond and Sam Stanley (#33)

Annie Blackburn (#32)

Dick Tremayne (#31)
Last edited by LostInTheMovies on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Annie was an awesome read. Thanks!-
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
kitty666cats
RR Diner Member

Post by kitty666cats »

Looking forward to the Jerry Horne entry on Monday! As I've said before, this character series is an absolute delight :)