Lara Flynn Boyle putting paid to Cooper and Audrey romance?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

nonemoreblack
RR Diner Member

Re: Lara Flynn Boyle putting paid to Cooper and Audrey romance?

Post by nonemoreblack »

Agent Earle wrote:
nonemoreblack wrote:
Do I think it's ok for her to be petty on twitter? Certainly not, but I understand why this has been upsetting for her, especially since she loves Audrey Horne's character so much. Also, I get that people don't like LFB being turned into the villain, but I don't think we need to start making accusations about Fenn now just because she's not great at PR.
No one's accusing her of anything. It's all there in her statements (on Twitter and elsewhere) and general behavior, and not just the one from 25 years ago. Bitterness I can get, though I must say, shitting on Kimmy Robertson's appearance at a promo event or on MacLachlan for - can you imagine, he's only the main actor?! - getting too much time under the spotlight because time evidently hasn't healed her wounds really doesn't make her the one to continuously judge fellow cast member's doings from friggin' 25 years ago.
People were suggesting that she's been making this up, and that we should start pointing at her as being the unhinged one. There's no need to turn either of them into the bad guy. I'm guessing Fenn's issues have more to do with the new season. I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say outside of the Showtime thread, so ~spoiler warning~ just in case: She didn't spend much time on set which was probably very disappointing for her. That's of course not Lynch's fault, but again considering the context and how much she likely built returning to that role up in her head I can see where she's coming from. She was one of the main supporters of bringing Twin Peaks back. I don't follow her on social media, but I saw some of her old blog posts. I get the impression she's eccentric and perhaps too honest for her own good. If it's bothersome then it's probably best to ignore her.