The Woolhouse Boys

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mordeen
Great Northern Member

The Woolhouse Boys

Post by Mordeen »

We have arrived.
FB_IMG_1490069836438.jpg
FB_IMG_1490069836438.jpg (9.38 KiB) Viewed 9125 times
fb_img_1487586023984.jpg
fb_img_1487586023984.jpg (29.79 KiB) Viewed 9125 times
-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: The Woolhouse Boys

Post by Soolsma »

Hell yeah :)
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

So do Frost and Lynch :wink: or did you already?
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
David Locke
RR Diner Member

Post by David Locke »

Ha! You've hit the big-time now, Mordeen. 'Grats! :)

It's nice to see that Billy Zane is appreciative of his fans and has a sense of humor about the whole thing, too. I seem to recall, I think in Brad's book, Zane somewhat sharing Fenn's distaste for the material they were given (though I may be misremembering, anyone know?) In that case, it's cool that he can look back and laugh/enjoy it in hindsight. I'm not a Fan of Wheeler per se, but I think his character's problems are far more down to the writing than anything to do with BZ's performance. I actually think he's very charming and kind of, dare I say, cute in the role. So if given something more inspired to do/say (anything but singing cowboy songs at a picnic!) I think Zane could have been an actor very much suited to the kind of amiable quirk that personifies much of Peaks. Indeed, his first appearance/episode is rather promising as he has this mysterious air to him in addition to the charming suaveness and boyish good looks, but by the time him and Audrey start exchanging more and more cliche'd declarations of romance, it gets less interesting.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

This account continues to be a treasure, obviously. Part of me will miss these wardrobe quirks, as someone who finds the "timeless" quality of twin peaks somewhat overstated and "dated" as a negative criticism near useless. I think there will be some striking costumes, of course, but the timestamp will be less strong I think.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Lucy's sweater in that new set photo gives me a good feeling that the Twin Peaks residents will still be dressing in a somewhat retro/vintage style.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

There's bound to be at least one cringe worthy wardrobe choice for an unfavored character in The Return. Can't wait.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
David Locke
RR Diner Member

Post by David Locke »

Snailhead wrote:Lucy's sweater in that new set photo gives me a good feeling that the Twin Peaks residents will still be dressing in a somewhat retro/vintage style.
Yeah, I really dig Lucy's outfit in that pic. It's very Mad Men-esque, which isn't surprising considering Lynch's love of that show. Though I guess it's also slightly unusual for Lynch, perhaps, just in the sense that he usually takes from 50s fashion, and definitely not the kind of mid-late 60s look that Lucy seems to have there. Definitely a good thing though IMO. I love to see great directors grow and expand in all sorts of ways.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Mordeen wrote:There's bound to be at least one cringe worthy wardrobe choice for an unfavored character in The Return. Can't wait.

-Mordeen
I'll be disappointed if there's no cringing!!
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

David Locke wrote:
Snailhead wrote:Lucy's sweater in that new set photo gives me a good feeling that the Twin Peaks residents will still be dressing in a somewhat retro/vintage style.
Yeah, I really dig Lucy's outfit in that pic. It's very Mad Men-esque, which isn't surprising considering Lynch's love of that show. Though I guess it's also slightly unusual for Lynch, perhaps, just in the sense that he usually takes from 50s fashion, and definitely not the kind of mid-late 60s look that Lucy seems to have there. Definitely a good thing though IMO. I love to see great directors grow and expand in all sorts of ways.
Absolutely. In 250 years he'll be caught up with current fashion. Oh wait.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Do I remember you saying ''I wish I had better photoshop skills'' when trying to photoshop something we cannot discuss anymore?

If so you certainly improved a lot
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

This would be better in a woolen chevron pattern :) and perhaps some lodge props
woolhouselodge.png
woolhouselodge.png (387.33 KiB) Viewed 8849 times
edit: wow! that fb group, an actual jjw community :lol: