Great New GQ Lynch/TP Interview

Discussion of Twin Peaks and Fire Walk With Me

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
Dead Dog

Great New GQ Lynch/TP Interview

Postby Dead Dog » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:27 am

http://www.gq.com/story/david-lynch-twin-peaks-profile

Great interview from new GQ. A few small nuggets about season three, but no spoilers. Feel free to merge elsewhere if more appropriate.
Ross

Re: Great New GQ Lynch/TP Interview

Postby Ross » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:08 am

Really great article with some great quotes!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Audrey Horne

Postby Audrey Horne » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:20 am

Fantastic. Wow, this is really, actually happening!
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
N. Needleman

Postby N. Needleman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:07 am

There’s one scene that I have to go and chew out a couple of big, heavy guys in the park. He was screaming, “Ya go out there and ya grab ’em by the balls and ya just chew ’em out! Just chew ’em out like you’ve never seen any big grown men so scared in their lives!” —Naomi Watts
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Mb3

Postby Mb3 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:55 am

N. Needleman wrote:
There’s one scene that I have to go and chew out a couple of big, heavy guys in the park. He was screaming, “Ya go out there and ya grab ’em by the balls and ya just chew ’em out! Just chew ’em out like you’ve never seen any big grown men so scared in their lives!” —Naomi Watts

Loved the whole article and I'm already looking forward to that scene Naomi Watts was talking about.
Metamorphia

Postby Metamorphia » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:59 am

I quite like this little friction between Frost and Lynch. I get the impression it really comes together well under creative circumstances (writing).
laughingpinecone

Postby laughingpinecone » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:02 pm

This is an amazing interview in every possible way, funny and interesting and all-around great.
And yet for the first time I'm filled with a vague sense of dread. Part of it comes from feeling Ferrer's absence among those cast quotes. The rest, I wish I knew.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
LostInTheMovies

Postby LostInTheMovies » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:26 pm

Metamorphia wrote:I quite like this little friction between Frost and Lynch. I get the impression it really comes together well under creative circumstances (writing).

Hoo boy, haven't read the article yet but this piques my interest even more than the Watts anecdote! (I actually hope there aren't too many more like that as I've reached the Zen stage of waiting where I have no hunger to know anything at all beforehand: not even sure I'd watch a proper trailer if they released one, which I don't think they will, at least if "proper" means "setting up the story.")
N. Needleman

Postby N. Needleman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:01 pm

I think it's creative friction, not personal.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
HungerCity

Postby HungerCity » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:37 pm

“He doesn’t do anything he’s not feeling,” says Laura Dern, who will join Twin Peaks in one of many new mystery roles. “I’ve watched him write a wonderful movie and put it to the side. And maybe ten years later, he’s like, ‘Oh, I might be feeling that movie again now.’ ”

Didn't Laura tease us about a new movie a few years ago? I think David might have even refuted those claims (or am I making this up??)
Mr. Jackpots

Postby Mr. Jackpots » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:12 pm

Can't wait to see Belushi sip his coffee!
mtwentz

Postby mtwentz » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:23 pm

HungerCity wrote:
“He doesn’t do anything he’s not feeling,” says Laura Dern, who will join Twin Peaks in one of many new mystery roles. “I’ve watched him write a wonderful movie and put it to the side. And maybe ten years later, he’s like, ‘Oh, I might be feeling that movie again now.’ ”

Didn't Laura tease us about a new movie a few years ago? I think David might have even refuted those claims (or am I making this up??)

Yes she did. I personally came to the conclusion that Twin Peaks was the movie to which she referred.
N. Needleman

Postby N. Needleman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:40 pm

As did I.
OK,Bob

Postby OK,Bob » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:06 pm

mtwentz wrote:
HungerCity wrote:

Yes she did. I personally came to the conclusion that Twin Peaks was the movie to which she referred.

I'd surmised as much, too. Dern had referenced her involvement in an upcoming Lynch project in June 2014 (1) - approximately a year after L/F "finished writing the first two hours." Recall they's started tossing around ideas in the summer of 2011 and began writing in earnest around May 2012 (2). Incidentally, Badalamenti indicated he'd been told about season 3 circa September 2012... (3)

(1) http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a ... aura-dern/
(2) http://deadline.com/2014/10/twin-peaks- ... ew-846363/
(3) http://spiritandfleshmag.com/interviews ... dalamenti/
"OK, Bob. OK, BOB. OK." -Audrey Horne
Panapaok

Postby Panapaok » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:35 am

Yeah, what Laura probably knew about was Twin Peaks. Maybe she didn't know the full context.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.

Return to “Twin Peaks”