Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ped
Roadhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Ped »

N. Needleman wrote:
Ped wrote:Wonder who will be on the 3rd cover? Original characters or new? I'll go with Dern, Watts, Forster, Seyfried. All new.
I see what looks like a black/leather jacket and zipper to Laura's(!!) right. My suspicion was James, but now I'm doubting that. I don't think they'd put all-new people on a TP cover without some existing castmember, but who knows.

Nice touch: The blue rose beside Lynch/Cole.
Yeah. And Lynch's yellow watch! Is that Madchen's arm on Sherilyn'ss left? If what we see are photos 2 and 3 then maybe pic 1 will be the WTTP sign or another iconic image rather than characters?
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

No - I'm pretty sure Sheryl/Laura is touching someone's shoulder/back.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Can't wait to see the missing cover... BOB maybe? Leland? James' forehead?

I'm excited. This looks GOOD.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

I haven't been on the forums for the better part of a year now as I was trying to avoid any and all spoilers. But goddammit those magazines have got me so hyped! Can't believe this is actually happening.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Holy shit. I feel like I was hit by a truck!
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
kafard
RR Diner Member

Post by kafard »

Panapaok wrote:Holy shit. I feel like I was hit by a truck!
But it was a truck..! Are you OKAY?
A french little guy named : Dam.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

kafard wrote:
Panapaok wrote:Holy shit. I feel like I was hit by a truck!
But it was a truck..! Are you OKAY?
I don't think I'll be ok until it's May 21st. :wink:
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
the woods
Roadhouse Member

Post by the woods »

wpc77 wrote:Can anyone verify this one? If real it's a massive Easter egg that basicaly confirms the alternate realities approach: https://twitter.com/apadamson/status/844311330861432832
when i saw this, it didn't occur to me that it confirmed an alternate reality storyline, not that my own thoughts are partcularly insightful in that regard. rather, to me it only meant that laura, as a character representative of twin peaks in general, and outside the context of the storyline, has indeed been missing for twenty- five years.

on the other hand, i'm so thrilled to see these covers, and to finally see even a little bit of almost, nearly, just about, and barely, some confirmable answers to at least a taste of a tiny hint at even a few of the questions being discussed here. yes!
next step: rocket science!
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Agent Earle wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:Just read that great article and backread these pages.

While I love mostly everything Lynch has done with the exception of Inland Empire and I'm sure I'll love this new Twin Peaks I will be slightly disappointed if the show isn't at least closly the same. I get people assuming this will automatically be a cross between Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire but I feel like from listening to interviews of the cast that humor and quirk will still play a strong role in the show. Hopefully characters like Andy/Lucy Nadine and Big Ed aren't just in it for two episodes and then left in the dust. While I don't expect to see them in all 18 I'd hope for at least half.

I also have a suspicion Dana (AKA Bobby) Will be a very big part of the new show as well as Shelly.

No more Andy/Lucy and Nadine/Big Ed shenanigans, please. They already cluttered the plot with them 25 years ago.
Relax folks I suspect there will be something for everybody.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

N. Needleman wrote:It's just incredible for me to see Laura back in her Red Room gown/hair after all these years. As LITM has said, the ending of FWWM is like the show's "2001" ending - a grand cosmic odyssey which let me be okay with all the loose ends in the story because Laura had ascended. That image and visual is very potent for me.

I'm not going to put a trailer back on the table, but right around now I wouldn't be shocked.
I loved the ending of FWWM but we already knew Laura had ascended (she was Leland's angel guiding him into the light).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Wow, wow, wow!!! I can't believe this is coming out so early. Next Friday can't come soon enough.

Man, I've waited twenty seven years for a Cooper, Audrey reunion... And even if it's in a magazine cover, I'll take it!
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
keatonshat
Roadhouse Member

Post by keatonshat »

s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg (37.09 KiB) Viewed 10887 times
Dead Dog
RR Diner Member

Post by Dead Dog »

Agent Earle wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:Just read that great article and backread these pages.

While I love mostly everything Lynch has done with the exception of Inland Empire and I'm sure I'll love this new Twin Peaks I will be slightly disappointed if the show isn't at least closly the same. I get people assuming this will automatically be a cross between Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire but I feel like from listening to interviews of the cast that humor and quirk will still play a strong role in the show. Hopefully characters like Andy/Lucy Nadine and Big Ed aren't just in it for two episodes and then left in the dust. While I don't expect to see them in all 18 I'd hope for at least half.

I also have a suspicion Dana (AKA Bobby) Will be a very big part of the new show as well as Shelly.

No more Andy/Lucy and Nadine/Big Ed shenanigans, please. They already cluttered the plot with them 25 years ago.
Andy and Lucy were gold. One of the best aspects of the series.
Dead Dog
RR Diner Member

Post by Dead Dog »

These EW covers....holy hell. I'm covered in goosebumps and my nipples are hard enough to cut diamonds! And that ain't hyperbole!
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

keatonshat wrote:s-l500.jpg
Big ed looks very old