Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie

Aerozhul
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:07 am

Re: Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Postby Aerozhul » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:14 pm

Hard to believe that "Norma" is over 70! Sheryl and Madchen look great.....
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2919
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:33 pm

Aerozhul wrote:Hard to believe that "Norma" is over 70! Sheryl and Madchen look great.....


And about 5 years older than Jane Greer when she played Norma's mom!
User avatar
Mistertom
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:12 am

Re: Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Postby Mistertom » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:36 pm

I was able to find the Hurley's cover and the RR's cover at a Barnes and noble near me but not the cooper / Laura / Audrey cover yet . I looked everywhere most places either had the thor issue still out or some beauty and the beast issue. That's if they had magazines at all ! When did places stop selling magazines !
User avatar
WhiteLodge90
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:45 pm
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Re: Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Postby WhiteLodge90 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:42 pm

Mistertom wrote:I was able to find the Hurley's cover and the RR's cover at a Barnes and noble near me but not the cooper / Laura / Audrey cover yet . I looked everywhere most places either had the thor issue still out or some beauty and the beast issue. That's if they had magazines at all ! When did places stop selling magazines !



Wondered the same thing/ What area of the country are you? I'm in the north east and barnes and noble didn't have them in
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
User avatar
Mistertom
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:12 am

Re: Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Postby Mistertom » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:47 pm

WhiteLodge90 wrote:
Mistertom wrote:I was able to find the Hurley's cover and the RR's cover at a Barnes and noble near me but not the cooper / Laura / Audrey cover yet . I looked everywhere most places either had the thor issue still out or some beauty and the beast issue. That's if they had magazines at all ! When did places stop selling magazines !



Wondered the same thing/ What area of the country are you? I'm in the north east and barnes and noble didn't have them in



I live near St. Paul Minnesota ! Best of luck to you on your hunt for your copies
djerdap
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:42 am

Re: Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Postby djerdap » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:02 am

Those guys at EW really like to put down FWWM, heh.
User avatar
nonemoreblack
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:44 am

Re: Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Postby nonemoreblack » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:54 am

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
nonemoreblack wrote:I personally really like the fact that they look like they've aged as normal people do. When you look at those stills, many of these characters still have the same job they had 25 years ago and seem to be stuck in a rut. It would be distracting if they had that Hollywood look of botox and shining white teeth given their circumstances.


Oh totally, I agree. The same can be said to people who were "shocked" to see that Shelly is still a waitress after 25 years. Not saying there's nothing else Shelly could've done with her life, but IMO it would be boring and cliche if she had turned into a successful woman who "learned from her previous mistakes" and now gives advices to young girls who have a soft spot for troublemakers. "You know dear, I used to be just like you...". Ugh!


Haha, agreed! When you're in the position of imagining where characters end up it's so easy to get caught up in fanfiction and forget the tragic reality of their situation. I love how those stills immediately ground you and give that feeling of Twin Peaks being stuck in time. It makes things way more interesting.

Also, as a photographer those portraits are upsetting, lol. The lighting and photoshop are so unflattering.
User avatar
Agent Sam Stanley
Posts: 1021
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:04 pm

Re: Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Postby Agent Sam Stanley » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:51 am

nonemoreblack wrote:Also, as a photographer those portraits are upsetting, lol. The lighting and photoshop are so unflattering.


I'm not a photographer and I don't know the first thing about photography but I'm not a fan of how EW treats their pictures. I don't know what it is, the actors don't look natural, it reeks of Photoshop.
Not saying I don't like this shoot. I'm a craving fan and just the sight of the actors back in their characters after 25 years makes me ecstatic, but I think they look better in the production stills.
Dalai Cooper
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:15 am

Re: Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Postby Dalai Cooper » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:00 am

Yeah, it's similar to the photos that tend to be used as icons for shows on Netflix & has a horrible uncanny valley aspect to it. Everyone looks great tho

I'm reading the article now, it's quite poorly written and seems determined to regurgitate every single received cliché about the show, but I don't we need to get too offended on fwwm's behalf - it's just the nature of these things. There are some really nice quotes in there esp from madchen & sheryl
User avatar
REdKing
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:47 am

Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Postby REdKing » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:48 am

Sitting here on my couch with my coffee, I finally wised-up. I use a Rolu box for streaming, and sure enough, I found that People Entertainment Network has a channel app. So, you can watch the 30 minute Twin Peaks segment on your television through your streaming platforms if that channel is available to you.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
User avatar
underthefan
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:21 pm

Re: Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Postby underthefan » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:55 am

djerdap wrote:Those guys at EW really like to put down FWWM, heh.

Ugh, that kills me. Not that they hate the movie but that they just simply dismiss it without giving it even a proper critical consideration. I can understand if someone hates the movie, but at least give me some kind of reasoning other than "it wasn't what I wanted it to be" which almost all of this comes down to.

Then again if this article was written by the the same people from that video, uh, they were insufferable. Damn Philistines. :roll:
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4550
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Postby Jerry Horne » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:12 am

Sorry if this has been discussed, but what is this book that is always close to Laura?
Attachments
C7x2XHQVsAA3J4Y.jpg
C7x2XHQVsAA3J4Y.jpg (16.52 KiB) Viewed 4955 times
Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 10.11.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 10.11.18 AM.png (136.84 KiB) Viewed 4955 times
User avatar
Saturn's child
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:38 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Re: Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Postby Saturn's child » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:15 am

Jerry Horne wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed, but what is this book that is always close to Laura?


I think it was mentioned in the AMA that it's her diary (or at least representative of such)
User avatar
nonemoreblack
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:44 am

Re: Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Postby nonemoreblack » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:23 am

For what it's worth I don't think anyone cares about EW's opinions.
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4550
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Postby Jerry Horne » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:30 am

Saturn's child wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed, but what is this book that is always close to Laura?


I think it was mentioned in the AMA that it's her diary (or at least representative of such)


Ah, ok. So a clumsy prop then.

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cappy and 38 guests