Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Aerozhul
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Post by Aerozhul »

Hard to believe that "Norma" is over 70! Sheryl and Madchen look great.....
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Aerozhul wrote:Hard to believe that "Norma" is over 70! Sheryl and Madchen look great.....
And about 5 years older than Jane Greer when she played Norma's mom!
Mistertom
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mistertom »

I was able to find the Hurley's cover and the RR's cover at a Barnes and noble near me but not the cooper / Laura / Audrey cover yet . I looked everywhere most places either had the thor issue still out or some beauty and the beast issue. That's if they had magazines at all ! When did places stop selling magazines !
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Mistertom wrote:I was able to find the Hurley's cover and the RR's cover at a Barnes and noble near me but not the cooper / Laura / Audrey cover yet . I looked everywhere most places either had the thor issue still out or some beauty and the beast issue. That's if they had magazines at all ! When did places stop selling magazines !

Wondered the same thing/ What area of the country are you? I'm in the north east and barnes and noble didn't have them in
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
Mistertom
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mistertom »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:
Mistertom wrote:I was able to find the Hurley's cover and the RR's cover at a Barnes and noble near me but not the cooper / Laura / Audrey cover yet . I looked everywhere most places either had the thor issue still out or some beauty and the beast issue. That's if they had magazines at all ! When did places stop selling magazines !

Wondered the same thing/ What area of the country are you? I'm in the north east and barnes and noble didn't have them in

I live near St. Paul Minnesota ! Best of luck to you on your hunt for your copies
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

Those guys at EW really like to put down FWWM, heh.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
nonemoreblack
RR Diner Member

Post by nonemoreblack »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
nonemoreblack wrote:I personally really like the fact that they look like they've aged as normal people do. When you look at those stills, many of these characters still have the same job they had 25 years ago and seem to be stuck in a rut. It would be distracting if they had that Hollywood look of botox and shining white teeth given their circumstances.
Oh totally, I agree. The same can be said to people who were "shocked" to see that Shelly is still a waitress after 25 years. Not saying there's nothing else Shelly could've done with her life, but IMO it would be boring and cliche if she had turned into a successful woman who "learned from her previous mistakes" and now gives advices to young girls who have a soft spot for troublemakers. "You know dear, I used to be just like you...". Ugh!
Haha, agreed! When you're in the position of imagining where characters end up it's so easy to get caught up in fanfiction and forget the tragic reality of their situation. I love how those stills immediately ground you and give that feeling of Twin Peaks being stuck in time. It makes things way more interesting.

Also, as a photographer those portraits are upsetting, lol. The lighting and photoshop are so unflattering.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

nonemoreblack wrote: Also, as a photographer those portraits are upsetting, lol. The lighting and photoshop are so unflattering.
I'm not a photographer and I don't know the first thing about photography but I'm not a fan of how EW treats their pictures. I don't know what it is, the actors don't look natural, it reeks of Photoshop.
Not saying I don't like this shoot. I'm a craving fan and just the sight of the actors back in their characters after 25 years makes me ecstatic, but I think they look better in the production stills.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Yeah, it's similar to the photos that tend to be used as icons for shows on Netflix & has a horrible uncanny valley aspect to it. Everyone looks great tho

I'm reading the article now, it's quite poorly written and seems determined to regurgitate every single received cliché about the show, but I don't we need to get too offended on fwwm's behalf - it's just the nature of these things. There are some really nice quotes in there esp from madchen & sheryl
REdKing
Roadhouse Member

Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Post by REdKing »

Sitting here on my couch with my coffee, I finally wised-up. I use a Rolu box for streaming, and sure enough, I found that People Entertainment Network has a channel app. So, you can watch the 30 minute Twin Peaks segment on your television through your streaming platforms if that channel is available to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

djerdap wrote:Those guys at EW really like to put down FWWM, heh.
Ugh, that kills me. Not that they hate the movie but that they just simply dismiss it without giving it even a proper critical consideration. I can understand if someone hates the movie, but at least give me some kind of reasoning other than "it wasn't what I wanted it to be" which almost all of this comes down to.

Then again if this article was written by the the same people from that video, uh, they were insufferable. Damn Philistines. :roll:
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Sorry if this has been discussed, but what is this book that is always close to Laura?
Attachments
C7x2XHQVsAA3J4Y.jpg
C7x2XHQVsAA3J4Y.jpg (16.52 KiB) Viewed 9293 times
Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 10.11.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 10.11.18 AM.png (136.84 KiB) Viewed 9293 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

Jerry Horne wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed, but what is this book that is always close to Laura?
I think it was mentioned in the AMA that it's her diary (or at least representative of such)
nonemoreblack
RR Diner Member

Post by nonemoreblack »

For what it's worth I don't think anyone cares about EW's opinions.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Saturn's child wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed, but what is this book that is always close to Laura?
I think it was mentioned in the AMA that it's her diary (or at least representative of such)
Ah, ok. So a clumsy prop then.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM