Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Re: Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Post by dugpa »

Ross wrote:Bizarre to think that the show will actually be airing without us knowing beforehand if there are any recasts.
Agreed. For all we know, characters like Leo Johnson or Windom Earle could have been recast. Won't find out till the series airs.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

nonemoreblack wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:After reading all the articles of the Twin Peaks magazine I was struck by James comments about having a large role not in size but in importance. Makes me wonder if he'll be killed off quickly or something.
I get the impression that will be the case for most of them. Not necessarily being killed off, but having important scenes despite a lack of screentime.
Respectfully hopefully that's not the case. I don't want to spend the whole time focused just on Cooper nor do I want the side plots to be about all new actors. Cooper is obviously my favorite character but what makes the show great is the side story lines going on around them and I hope that we still get that in a significant porition
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
tinika

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by tinika »

Dead Dog wrote:
up4dabah wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:

So what? They've all aged, it's what human beings do.
F***ing THANK YOU. All the comments from seventeen-year-olds on here about how "old" they look are making me want to wrap some people in plastic.

(Oh, uh, hello, by the way. I've been lurking on this forum basically for ever but the arseholey age comments are what made me finally speak up.)
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Totally true.
Mistertom
Roadhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Mistertom »

tinika wrote:
Dead Dog wrote:
up4dabah wrote:
F***ing THANK YOU. All the comments from seventeen-year-olds on here about how "old" they look are making me want to wrap some people in plastic.

(Oh, uh, hello, by the way. I've been lurking on this forum basically for ever but the arseholey age comments are what made me finally speak up.)
And I thank you , it's making me sick too !! What did these people expect ? Are they themselves not getting older with each passing day ? News flash it happens to us all and hell im only 29 ! I think the cast looks terrific !
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

tinika wrote:
Dead Dog wrote:
up4dabah wrote:

I haven't seen any comments in this thread about "how old they look", at least not using the connotation you're referring to, and since for some reason I was quoted in your complain, perhaps I should specify that my comments about James Marshall's teeth had to do with the fact that he had some health issues in the past, not with his aging.
Sometimes is better to understand the concept before start judging.

Ironically you don't need to be a seventeen year old to make a fool of yourself.
Last edited by Agent Sam Stanley on Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

dugpa wrote:
Ross wrote:Bizarre to think that the show will actually be airing without us knowing beforehand if there are any recasts.
Agreed. For all we know, characters like Leo Johnson or Windom Earle could have been recast. Won't find out till the series airs.

I'd be surprised if they recast Windom. I feel like the actor wanted to be in the show from an interview I heard and has been maintaining a career so it's likely either he's a surprise cameo or they left him out. I could definitely see recasting of Leo, Donna, Bob, MFAP and maybe Agent Briggs (though the later I expect to be killed off before the show starts)
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

I find recasts of Major Briggs, Leo Johnson, LMFAO and Donna (again) highly unlikely.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (42.73 KiB) Viewed 9950 times
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

James is a Bookhouse Boy after all. Time to redeem that character.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Aerozhul
RR Diner Member

Post by Aerozhul »

Rhodes wrote:Although it's kind of innovating and refreshing to have a show with an elderly cast, I think it is good that they have some new, younger women as well in the cast.
I think we al need to agree to never use the term "elderly cast" again in this forum. I mean, of the actors in the photo shoot I guess you could technically say Peggy, Everett and David are, but the rest are 40s-50s?
kafa81
RR Diner Member

Post by kafa81 »

Jerry Horne wrote:James is a Bookhouse Boy after all. Time to redeem that character.

I agree! A little Bookhouse Boy history in the new parts would be cool too :D
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Trudy Chelgren wrote:I disagree, I think it's the individual that determines their sexual energy, not their age.
Yep! As a for instance: Sherilyn Fenn was undeniably a babe circa 1990, and you could see that in a still photo (although that Pilot haircut does her no favors). But what really makes that character explode with sexuality is her demeanor, the way she interacts with Coop and other characters, the way she walks, the way she carries herself, the way she speaks. There's no reason a 52-year-old can't harness that energy, crow's feet notwithstanding.
FrostedCherries

Post by FrostedCherries »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Trudy Chelgren wrote:I disagree, I think it's the individual that determines their sexual energy, not their age.
Yep! As a for instance: Sherilyn Fenn was undeniably a babe circa 1990, and you could see that in a still photo (although that Pilot haircut does her no favors). But what really makes that character explode with sexuality is her demeanor, the way she interacts with Coop and other characters, the way she walks, the way she carries herself, the way she speaks. There's no reason a 52-year-old can't recapture that, crow's feet notwithstanding.
This!

Just look at the reunion video: 0:30, 1:03, 1:15, 1:40 – I was mesmerized by how Sherilyn still effortlessly channels young, seductive, dreamy Audrey. And the chemistry with Coop is still there, as if only their exteriors had been submitted to time's toll ...
"J'ai une âme solitaire."
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Jerry Horne wrote:James is a Bookhouse Boy after all. Time to redeem that character.
Yes! James, with all his ups and downs, is underrated.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.