Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Re: Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Post by Gabriel »

freeek wrote:The biggest smokescreen being even some of these characters might have very little screen time in the new season.
Agreed. They could all get wiped out in the first scene! The significant thing about the publicity photos is the almost complete lack of focus on the new cast. There's nothing at all of the sheriff, which is a shame, as I thought maybe the first publicity photos would be a good intro for the character – unless one of the other characters is actually sheriff. Still, as an ex-girlfriend once said to me, good things come to whose who wait! :wink:
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Lots of talk about the characters being in the same jobs. But the characters chosen (save for maybe Shelly) are the ones you would expect to still be doing those jobs. Of course Cole and Albert are still going to be FBI. Andy and Hawk seem like lifers, and Lucy would most likely stay, especially if her and Andy are together.

If the RR was still in business, it wouldn't be surprising to see Norma still owns and runs it. The one exception is possibly Shelly. We may have hoped she would have moved on, but it's understandable that she could be stuck there. Maybe she's even co-owner.

And we don't know about Bobby, James, Audrey, etc. (well, maybe some of us know...)
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Well, thanks to Mark's book and the show... Audrey was in the explosion and in a coma. They can't give it away. James left town.

I understand some of the nitpick criticism, but so far I think this was done better than I could have ever imagined.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

We're so lucky to have any of this.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Exactly!
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

The picture Norma and Shelly are in the diner wearing their uniforms seemed to me like a production still not a set up for the magazine. It could be Shelly and Norma are now business partners or there are other things Shelly is doing outside the diner, but IMO is pretty safe to say Shelly is still working at the RR in some capacity.

Same thing for Andy and Hawk wearing their police uniforms, Lucy sitting behind her desk and Denise still wearing women's clothing. Some things will be the same.
Aerozhul
RR Diner Member

Post by Aerozhul »

I like the pictures from the photo shoot and I bought a copy of the magazine (RR version) and read the article. I'm curious....is the theme of the photo shoot a typical "EW Reunion" type of shoot in that it shows us characters from the original show as we remember them, though obviously aged? Or is the purpose of the photo shoot to capture images of the cast members of the new show as they will be in the new show? I mean clearly it can work for both purposes, but if the shoot was arranged to capture the nostalgia from the original series, then the pictures do that and maybe we shouldn't take the characters' clothes and "stuck in 1989" so seriously as it relates to how their characters will be in the new show. (Cat's out of the bag with some of the production stills, though).
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:We're so lucky to have any of this.
Amen Jerry! The last couple years have been surreal. I still wake up sometimes and just can't believe this is happening. Especially since almost all aspects of it seem like the best case scenario. 18 hours! All Lynch/Frost! Most of the cast. Badalamenti!! It's crazy.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Aerozhul wrote:I like the pictures from the photo shoot and I bought a copy of the magazine (RR version) and read the article. I'm curious....is the theme of the photo shoot a typical "EW Reunion" type of shoot in that it shows us characters from the original show as we remember them, though obviously aged? Or is the purpose of the photo shoot to capture images of the cast members of the new show as they will be in the new show? I mean clearly it can work for both purposes, but if the shoot was arranged to capture the nostalgia from the original series, then the pictures do that and maybe we shouldn't take the characters' clothes and "stuck in 1989" so seriously as it relates to how their characters will be in the new show. (Cat's out of the bag with some of the production stills, though).
Seeing as how the magazine wardrobe, hair and makeup credits for the magazine spread are all crew members on the new season and many wardrobe pieces the cast is wearing in the shoot have been seen in on-set photos taken by fans, I believe this shoot is a "first look" at how the actors and characters will appear in the new season.

I think the entire issue, with both the photo shoot and featured episodic stills, is supposed to be a combination of first look photos at the characters, with some cast in the photo shoot and some cast in episodic stills.
Dead Dog
RR Diner Member

Post by Dead Dog »

vicksvapor77 wrote:
Aerozhul wrote:I like the pictures from the photo shoot and I bought a copy of the magazine (RR version) and read the article. I'm curious....is the theme of the photo shoot a typical "EW Reunion" type of shoot in that it shows us characters from the original show as we remember them, though obviously aged? Or is the purpose of the photo shoot to capture images of the cast members of the new show as they will be in the new show? I mean clearly it can work for both purposes, but if the shoot was arranged to capture the nostalgia from the original series, then the pictures do that and maybe we shouldn't take the characters' clothes and "stuck in 1989" so seriously as it relates to how their characters will be in the new show. (Cat's out of the bag with some of the production stills, though).
Seeing as how the magazine wardrobe, hair and makeup credits for the magazine spread are all crew members on the new season and many wardrobe pieces the cast is wearing in the shoot have been seen in on-set photos taken by fans, I believe this shoot is a "first look" at how the actors and characters will appear in the new season.

I think the entire issue, with both the photo shoot and featured episodic stills, is supposed to be a combination of first look photos at the characters, with some cast in the photo shoot and some cast in episodic stills.
Thank you.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Jerry Horne wrote:We're so lucky to have any of this.
100% Agreed Jerry. People annoyed that they still have the same jobs and or the fact we don't see new characters need to realize this EW cover story was about bringing Twin Peaks back with a bang for long time fans. It would be fruitless and not very Lynch like to have Dern and or Watts etc be shown in any new pictures if they are completely new characters. I fully believe all the characters shown will have similar size roles in the new show with the exception of Audrey possibly due to the fact that she held out so long well into production.
Last edited by WhiteLodge90 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Side note. Went to Barnes and Noble today and was happy to get all three covers!
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

I've been away for a couple of weeks so only catching up on the EW cover news. I don't have time to review this whole thread so apologies if this has already been discussed but how can overseas persons (UK) purchase these 3 cover editions? Thanks.

Edit: If any kind soul would be willing to purchase the 3 cover issues and let me know the cost plus p+p I would be happy to pay via PayPal.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

The on-set pix from the production are material from the actual show. Not some fakeout setup.

It's a small town and someone like Shelly stayed at the same place for 25 years. It happens. Same with law enforcement, or Norma who owns the diner. It's totally plausible for Small Town America.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

N. Needleman wrote:The on-set pix from the production are material from the actual show. Not some fakeout setup.

It's a small town and someone like Shelly stayed at the same place for 25 years. It happens. Same with law enforcement, or Norma who owns the diner. It's totally plausible for Small Town America.
Yep.