Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

Post by N. Needleman »

Rhodes wrote:I am pretty sure that David Lynch himself agrees with me on this one. He loves beautiful, YOUNG women and recognizes their uniqueness.
He clearly appreciates all kinds of women of all ages, which is why people like Sheryl Lee, Naomi Watts, Laura Dern, etc. are front and center in the new show and why many of the women of the original series clearly have substantial material.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

N. Needleman wrote: He clearly appreciates all kinds of women of all ages, which is why people like Sheryl Lee, Naomi Watts, Laura Dern, etc. are front and center in the new show and why many of the women of the original series clearly have substantial material.
+1
(Laura Dern is a blessing)
To round things up, there's also an inordinate amount of pretty boys in the cast, at least 2 of whom in major roles if that old "new kids" tweet by Williams is reliable.
And stunning men of all ages, starting with the leading boy himself.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Yes. I had the biggest crush on Coop (up until he donned the plaid, that is :wink: )
Not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to these 'pretty boys' as you call 'em.
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

N. Needleman wrote:
Rhodes wrote:I am pretty sure that David Lynch himself agrees with me on this one. He loves beautiful, YOUNG women and recognizes their uniqueness.
He clearly appreciates all kinds of women of all ages, which is why people like Sheryl Lee, Naomi Watts, Laura Dern, etc. are front and center in the new show and why many of the women of the original series clearly have substantial material.
He also likes Kyle MacLachlan, Harry Dean Stanton and Warren Frost. That doesn't contradict that Lynch has a thing for hot, young women. I thought it was common knowledge.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Rhodes wrote:That doesn't contradict that Lynch has a thing for hot, young women. I thought it was common knowledge.
Of course it doesn't, and of course he does. But that doesn't mean he values these women any less - who are far from Harry Dean Stanton or the late Warren Frost. The women are all still presented as beautiful and desirable. If you find them less so that's really your issue, not the show's.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

I kind of hope we get some sex scenes with the older cast. That would be good and subversive.

Like Hawk! Is he still dating the babe with the PHD ??
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Stop it! I'm now imagining all kinds off subversive scenes. Moments like these are when I wish I weren't a visual thinker

I'm young and old people getting it on is gross OK? :lol:
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Soolsma wrote:Stop it! I'm now imagining all kinds off subversive scenes. Moments like these are when I wish I weren't a visual thinker

Coop and Laura walk up the steps to the Palmer house. They slowly make their way upstairs to the master bedroom to find...

Sarah Palmer and Philip Gerard having a real good time.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Snailhead wrote:I kind of hope we get some sex scenes with the older cast. That would be good and subversive.
You know, come to think of it, we already got that! The scenes with Catherine and Ben -- she was already a bit wrinkly, and I recall every time it happened my husband would be grossed out and complain about how old they were.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

LAUGHINGOUTLOUD

Does that mean LMFAP is also involved?

But I said, stop it! :lol:

now we know why she screamed
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Snailhead wrote:
Soolsma wrote:Stop it! I'm now imagining all kinds off subversive scenes. Moments like these are when I wish I weren't a visual thinker

Coop and Laura walk up the steps to the Palmer house. They slowly make their way upstairs to the master bedroom to find...

No, they find me and Balthazar Getty having a real good time.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Snailhead wrote:

:lol: I must admit I never saw his appeal when I was younger, but during a recent viewing of Lost Highway I found him to be very appealing.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Snailhead wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Snailhead wrote:

:lol: I must admit I never saw his appeal when I was younger, but during a recent viewing of Lost Highway I found him to be very appealing.
He is
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Trudy Chelgren wrote:I disagree, I think it's the individual that determines their sexual energy, not their age.
Yep! As a for instance: Sherilyn Fenn was undeniably a babe circa 1990, and you could see that in a still photo (although that Pilot haircut does her no favors). But what really makes that character explode with sexuality is her demeanor, the way she interacts with Coop and other characters, the way she walks, the way she carries herself, the way she speaks. There's no reason a 52-year-old can't harness that energy, crow's feet notwithstanding.
feets not withstanding?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DakI6IOHCpY
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Brilliant thread :D

Just to go back to topic, does anyone know of anywhere in the UK that has any stock left? I got mine from Unique Magazines who only had two covers in and managed to send me two of the same one!! Newsstand has sold out and ideally I'd rather pay the cover price than an overinflated ebay price. Has anyone found any at WH Smiths?

There goes my vision of framing the three covers....
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...