Twin Peaks Reunion in Entertainment Weekly

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by sneakydave »

I can't get the 40 minute video to work. Wonder if it is region-locked.

Argh!!
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Wow, the special is 40 minutes. I'm gonna need more coffee.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Jerry Horne wrote:Spotted on newsstands this morning.
Why am I not in my car driving to one? Argh!

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I love that Laura is touching/looking at James in both the cover and other shots. 25 years later James Marshall still looks like a lost little boy.

Gonna go check out Walgreen's, and if not there the newsstand.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Here's another one, slightly different, from EW's twitter page.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Agent Cooper and Audrey chemistry... I can die happy now!
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

sneakydave wrote:I can't get the 40 minute video to work. Wonder if it is region-locked.

Argh!!
I got a black screen at first... fiddled with the bottom bar for some reason, making it load past the 20 minutes mark, and it worked. For some reason.
Conclusion: not region locked but a little stubborn. Persevere!
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

laughingpinecone wrote:Maybe the differences in the actors' opinions on how different this is gonna be depend on their characters' storylines? Maybe Norma's stuff isn't all different, so Peggy Lipton goes "...well yea it's Twin Peaks", whereas eg Laura Dern worked with more bizarre material and said things like "deep fiery and poignant"?
I think that's a fair conclusion. If everyone only got the pages they're in (with the exception of Maclachlan) they are only going to know so much, and can only really comment on what they think of their scenes.

Also media overload, can't wait to get home and go through all this and watch the 40 min vid. I hope it isn't region locked!
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

laughingpinecone wrote:
sneakydave wrote:I can't get the 40 minute video to work. Wonder if it is region-locked.

Argh!!
I got a black screen at first... fiddled with the bottom bar for some reason, making it load past the 20 minutes mark, and it worked. For some reason.
Conclusion: not region locked but a little stubborn. Persevere!
There is an advt that play at the beginning,so maybe beacause of that.It was butter smooth for me
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

I've had it confirmed from the Diane podcast folks that it works in UK so definitely not region blocked.

Hopefully it's working OK by the time I get home. Can't wait to watch this. No matter how light and fluffy it may turn out to be.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

Panapaok wrote:Wow, the special is 40 minutes. I'm gonna need more coffee.
Way too long. Some great tidbits from the cast, especially from Everett McGill (who looks much better in the video than on the cover), but altercated with EW journalists who are rehashing the plot of the old show for what feels like ages (including the good old "Leland possessed by BOB" interpretation).

The main stuff about the new show is indeed from the abbreviated video included in the EW article, or in the last three minutes in the long video. If anybody doesn't have the time to go through the whole thing.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Panapaok wrote:Here's another one, slightly different, from EW's twitter page.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll use Firefox to go into the source code later today to grab the HQ unless anyone else can do it before then.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Some quotes from EW's Jeff Jensen Reddit AMA.
Here's the short origin story. TP co-creator Mark Frost came to Lynch in 2012 and said they should do more Twin Peaks. Frost was really energized by the quality of today's "prestige dramas" -- many of which were inspired by Twin Peaks. He felt they should get in the arena, participate, see if a new TP has anything to contribute to this moment. Lynch was game -- but he wanted to feel confident about telling a good story. They worked on it for two years before pitching it to Showtime.
I wish I had more to report there, but the great news is that Angelo is back doing the music. I don't know if you know, but Lynch made a weird industrial blues record a few years ago, wrote the songs, sang, played guitar on this guitar he made himself. He told me that you'll hear some of his guitar playing in the show.
Here are a few things we learned about the new Twin Peaks from interviewing David Lynch, the cast and Showtime. 1. Not really a TV show. Lynch calls it one very long movie, divided into 18 hour-long "parts." Don't call them episodes. He insists on "parts." 2. The new show will dig into the workings on The Black Lodge. 3. It is very much about the fate of Agent Cooper. More details in a bit...
The script was actually 400-500 pages -- but yes, you are correct. Doesn't seem like a lot for an 18 hour show. Some elaboration: when Lynch and Frost first set up the show at Showtime, they agreed to nine episodes (or "parts" per Lynch lingo). But during prep, I'm told that Lynch and Frost wanted more parts, which was apparently the cause of the contract dispute that caused Lynch to temporarily quit the project. I am sure they wrote more material as they got closer to production and into production and kept adding cast. And the way Lynch directs, there's a lots of rewriting and new writing done in the moment.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.