I always took this as my answer when wondering if he actually killed her

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

I always took this as my answer when wondering if he actually killed her

Post by Soolsma »

So during my first watch in the episode after the Maddy murder.. I was going nuts wondering if it were actually Leland who killed Laura. What the hell just happened? Could it really be him?

Then it was as if the series heard my questions and answered me through Leland's license plate.
yep.png
yep.png (397.83 KiB) Viewed 4952 times

Yep. It WAS him.

Anyone else ever interpret it that way? Do you think this was intentional?

Edit: Just also noticed 710 is OIL upside down
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Re: I always took this as my answer when wondering if he actually killed her

Post by laughingpinecone »

7+1+0 = 8, cosmic order. The universe itself told us "yep"
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Wow. So both, cosmic order and oil -> yep!

This shows how deep Lynch's work is and it's another reason i can't wait to see S3 even more knowing that it's completely in the hands of Lynch/Frost.

This can't be just a coincidence.
Boy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Boy »

True art speaks to us in many ways. It's not that Lynch or Frost made all those things by intent. This is your life and how you see the art: is it mere coincidences or something godlike?

The undeniable fact seems to be that when you let the time and place, or your subconscious mind, intervene with your art like Lynch very much do, it somehow brings these webs of layers and somehow more coincidences. Now, the question is, what that tells about the life itself?

The world speaks to us. Our own answers are the only ones that really matter because this is your life,

Our science seems to agree that everything is more and more connected, and we are yet to understand jack-shit how this universum really works.

Lynch's shamanistic and organic direction style is like a mushroom that grows in a forest. Some of the more materialistic movies that come out are like a rock in that forest; the rock doesn't really interact with it's surrounding but it can be pretty.