Season 3 Magazine Coverage and Articles Worldwide

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

jeep
Roadhouse Member

Re: Season 3 Magazine Coverage and Articles Worldwide

Post by jeep »

Nice-Matin (France) - july 20th 2017 - TV Festival Monte-Carlo special edition :

Image.Image
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Agent Earle wrote:I can't stress enough how much I enjoy Dana's coolness and down-to-earthness, has to be one of the least conceited people ever, and in the line of business that he's in, that's saying something. That vibe radiates from his every statement and overall demeanor. What an all-around great guy he seems, would love to meet him in person one day!
I did and he seemed just like that. I can't comment on him generally as I only spoke to him briefly but he was so nice to me. A really nice man.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Venus wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:I can't stress enough how much I enjoy Dana's coolness and down-to-earthness, has to be one of the least conceited people ever, and in the line of business that he's in, that's saying something. That vibe radiates from his every statement and overall demeanor. What an all-around great guy he seems, would love to meet him in person one day!
I did and he seemed just like that. I can't comment on him generally as I only spoke to him briefly but he was so nice to me. A really nice man.
Glad to hear it and I'm happy for you that you got the opportunity! Sigh, what I would give to have him sign me a "Return of the Living Dead 2" poster... :D
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

Robert Broski (Woodsman, 'Gotta Light?') interview

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... re-1018088
twin-b
Roadhouse Member

Post by twin-b »

Not a magazine article, but a heads-up that Kyle is going to be on "Live with Kelly (Ripa) and Ryan" this morning in the US. The show is on now on the East coast.
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

He's live on the TP Facebook page right now.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Kyle MacLachlan in The Hollywood Reporter: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... se-1019076

Nice to see him acknowledge Being There as an influence, as many of us speculated!
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

I uploaded Kyle's FB Live video to Google Drive if anyone wants to download a hard copy.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3-a9 ... lpwRzRkbTQ

Edit: Updated with a slightly better recording (credit: Lokomiusek)
Last edited by Ashok on Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Thank you as always Ashok!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mujubuju
Roadhouse Member

Post by mujubuju »

chromereflectsimage wrote:Robert Broski (Woodsman, 'Gotta Light?') interview

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... re-1018088

Great interview, but whoa whoa whoa on this:

"Now, after his work as the single scariest character on Twin Peaks, he's steeling himself for tears of another variety. "

Uhhhhh, excuse me but Frank Silva was and always will be the GOAT in that category.
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Kyle MacLachlan in The Hollywood Reporter: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... se-1019076

Nice to see him acknowledge Being There as an influence, as many of us speculated!
I also like to say we're basically ... my take on it is that the world is out of balance, and we're trying to take it back into balance now.
I think this a really interesting quote from Kyle. So maybe some of the characters are out of balance, because the world is?
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Vulture awards TP Best Show of the Year. From Matt Zoller Seitz:
The series’ decline and quick death didn’t prevent it from being recognized as an aesthetic milestone, and future producers of offbeat television — including The X-Files’ Chris Carter, The Sopranos’ David Chase, Lost and The Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof, and Hannibal and American Gods showrunner Bryan Fuller — were so gobsmacked by the series that they determined to apply Peaks’ lessons to their own work. The most important takeaway was that adventurous audiences would not just be okay with seeing once-hallowed rules broken, they might actually look forward to seeing more shows give it a shot, because Peaks had given them a taste for fresh, strange, even puzzling entertainment. In terms of its aesthetic, if not always its storytelling, Twin Peaks was consistently one or two steps ahead of its audience. No matter how intimately you thought you’d become attuned to Lynch and Frost’s wavelength, there were still moments where you sat there gaping at the screen thinking, “What the hell did I just see, and what am I supposed to make of it?” And its corollary sentiment: “I had no idea you could do that on television.”

And now, as the giant once foretold: It is happening again. Twin Peaks: The Return — the Showtime reboot of the Lynch series — didn’t just exceed its progenitor’s what-the-fuck quotient right out of the gate; as it meanders through a series of daringly protected, often mysterious scenes, the show seems determined to destroy any preconceptions we had about what another Twin Peaks would look like, or even what post–Twin Peaks television could aspire to be. What Lynch and Frost are doing feels so new to TV that even showrunners whose triumphs are built on Lynchian foundations are in awe of it. At a Split Screens TV Festival event a few weeks ago, four episodes into the run of Twin Peaks: The Return, I asked David Chase if he was watching the new Peaks and whether he thought it was as good as the original. “I think it’s greater,” he said, with the uninflected certainty of a man noting that the sky is blue.

The sky is blue. Twin Peaks: The Return is a masterpiece. Books will eventually be devoted to explaining why this is; each will examine the series from a different, specific angle, and come to different conclusions about what it’s showing us and telling us. The series speaks in the language of dreams, and we interpret the sentences and pictograms differently depending on our life experience and worldview.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

Kale promises it will all make sense

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... se-1019076
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
douglasb
RR Diner Member

Re: RE: Re: Season 3 Magazine Coverage and Articles Worldwide

Post by douglasb »

sylvia_north wrote:Kale promises it will all make sense

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... se-1019076
But what if the good Kale is in The Lodge?
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

SciFi Now Issue #134

Image Image Image
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday