Season 3 Magazine Coverage and Articles Worldwide

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Season 3 Magazine Coverage and Articles Worldwide

Post by Jerry Horne »

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 11.04.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 11.04.02 AM.png (43.08 KiB) Viewed 12639 times
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I knew Freddie was his idea. That whole monologue was so Lynch, not Frost IMO.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

hmmm- so they have plot threads for S4 planned, as we all suspect.
douglasb
RR Diner Member

Post by douglasb »

Of course they have ideas for another season - it will be about living inside a dream. But who is the dreamer, etc.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Four years seems too much. I think Lynch & Frost just want to think about it without pressure before they'll be able to start working on it again. I can see them going into production in a couple of years, that is if they decide to do more.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Panapaok wrote:Four years seems too much. I think Lynch & Frost just want to think about it without pressure before they'll be able to start working on it again. I can see them going into production in a couple of years, that is if they decide to do more.
But if they go into production in a couple years, wouldn't the result be the four year wait when it finally airs?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

o/t:

If they do more, and that's a big if with the number of cast members that have past away in the last few years, they should do one last filming of about 26 hours and split it up over two seasons. Given the age of some of the cast members and frankly Lynch himself, it's now or never.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Jerry Horne wrote:o/t:

If they do more, and that's a big if with the number of cast members that have past away in the last few years, they should do one last filming of about 26 hours and split it up over two seasons. Given the age of some of the cast members and frankly Lynch himself, it's now or never.
4 of the 5 cast members that died recently were smokers. Bless their souls but these were not random deaths (for the most part, we don't know the cause of death for HDS). Given that Lynch has smoked all his life, it could go either way with him: He could make it to his 90s (hopefully this is the case) or he could leave us suddenly and without warning.

I still think it would be worthwhile it to continue the story even if Lynch's bad habits catch up to him, as long as they could team Frost with some top directorial talent. It would never be the same, of course, but it could still be great.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

mtwentz wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:o/t:

4 of the 5 cast members that died recently were smokers. Bless their souls but these were not random deaths (for the most part, we don't know the cause of death for HDS). Given that Lynch has smoked all his life, it could go either way with him: He could make it to his 90s (hopefully this is the case) or he could leave us suddenly and without warning.

I still think it would be worthwhile it to continue the story even if Lynch's bad habits catch up to him, as long as they could team Frost with some top directorial talent. It would never be the same, of course, but it could still be great.
It all depends on the genes. The former German chancellor Helmut Schmidt smoked heavily until his death which was in 2015 one month shy of his 97th birthday.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

LateReg wrote:
Panapaok wrote:Four years seems too much. I think Lynch & Frost just want to think about it without pressure before they'll be able to start working on it again. I can see them going into production in a couple of years, that is if they decide to do more.
But if they go into production in a couple years, wouldn't the result be the four year wait when it finally airs?

If production were to begin in a years time from now. Could have new Twin Peaks in say fall 2020. 3 years.

Does anyone know off hand how long between wrapping up shooting and the premiere of the return was.? Was it a year and a half. ..?

I think the 4 and half years figure Lynch threw out there was probably about equal to the time it took him and Frost to firstly discuss the idea of doing it, writing it, selling it to a network, cast it, hire everybody involved, scout and secure all needed locations , build all sets and costumes, edit it, create new music and sound design, etc, etc.

In renewing the series, lots of this legwork has been completed already. Costumes, staff, cast, sets, all these things remain in place in a sense that you're not having to start from scratch this time around.

Only thing is do Lynch and Frost have another story they want to tell inside the Peaks universe.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Mr. Jackpots wrote: Does anyone know off hand how long between wrapping up shooting and the premiere of the return was.? Was it a year and a half. ..?
It was about a year. David Lynch announced Season 3 on October 6, 2014. David Nevins formally announced the show with Kyle during the Winter TCA Tour on January 12, 2015. Lynch indicated the show was in trouble on March 14, 2015 and hinted he was dropping out on April 5th. Lynch officially reboarded the Revival on May 15, 2015. Filming started in September of 2015 and the show was in post-production by April of 2016. Madchen Amick posted a video from the wrap party on April 14th, 2016. Post production took about a year and the show premiered in LA on May 19th, 2017.
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

Ashok wrote:
Mr. Jackpots wrote: Does anyone know off hand how long between wrapping up shooting and the premiere of the return was.? Was it a year and a half. ..?
It was about a year. David Lynch announced Season 3 on October 6, 2014. David Nevins formally announced the show with Kyle during the Winter TCA Tour on January 12, 2015. Lynch indicated the show was in trouble on March 14, 2015 and hinted he was dropping out on April 5th. Lynch officially reboarded the Revival on May 15, 2015. Filming started in September of 2015 and the show was in post-production by April of 2016. Madchen Amick posted a video from the wrap party on April 14th, 2016. Post production took about a year and the show premiered in LA on May 19th, 2017.
There you go.

Thanks for the detailed response.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

And here's a link to a post I made awhile ago summing up what we know of the writing tineline: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3181&p=55774&hilit=2011#p55774

In short, from initial inception to airing, the process took six years.

Honestly, I don't think "sets and costumes have been made" is a particularly strong argument for a quicker S4 timeline. I have a feeling this theoretical season would have as many new characters and locations as S3, and it's not like the existing characters would wear all the same things.

The only place I could see the timeline significantly tightening this time is the writing, since L/F might already have ideas, rather than having to find their way back into the story and the world.

But, look. DKL said S3 was 18 parts and Showtime didn't believe him. He's pretty great at estimating/quantifying the realities of executing his vision, and knows more about film production than probably any of us. If he says four years, I see no reason to disbelieve him.
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Four years with Fenn. Three without.