Season 3 Magazine Coverage and Articles Worldwide

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

wxray
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 3 Magazine Coverage and Articles Worldwide

Post by wxray »

mtwentz wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:o/t:

If they do more, and that's a big if with the number of cast members that have past away in the last few years, they should do one last filming of about 26 hours and split it up over two seasons. Given the age of some of the cast members and frankly Lynch himself, it's now or never.
4 of the 5 cast members that died recently were smokers. Bless their souls but these were not random deaths (for the most part, we don't know the cause of death for HDS). Given that Lynch has smoked all his life, it could go either way with him: He could make it to his 90s (hopefully this is the case) or he could leave us suddenly and without warning.

I still think it would be worthwhile it to continue the story even if Lynch's bad habits catch up to him, as long as they could team Frost with some top directorial talent. It would never be the same, of course, but it could still be great.
Kubrick comes to mind here. Sudden smoking related death at 70. Eyes Wide Shut was 99.9% complete. Close call.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Vulture talks to Mary Reber (Alice Tremond) and reports on the contribution from NIN.

Pitchfork talks to Lynch about Jeffries, etc.
Pitchfork: After making a cameo in 1992’s Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, David Bowie’s character Phillip Jeffries reappeared in the new series via footage from that film and as a big, talking tea kettle. Did you ever approach Bowie himself to be in the new series?

David Lynch: Absolutely. I never even talked to him, but I talked to his lawyer, and they weren’t telling me why he said he couldn’t do it. But then, of course, later on we knew.

Why did Phillip Jeffries take the form of a tea kettle?

I sculpted that part of the machine that has that tea kettle spout thing, but I wish I’d just made it straight, because everybody thinks it’s a tea kettle. It’s just a machine.

Did Bowie know that his character was going to appear in that capacity?

No, no, no. He didn’t know that. We got permission to use the old footage, but he didn’t want his voice used in it. I think someone must have made him feel bad about his Louisiana accent in Fire Walk With Me, but I think it’s so beautiful. He wanted to have it done by a legitimate actor from Louisiana, so that’s what we had to do. The guy [voice actor Nathan Frizzell] did a great job.
More at the link.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

I love how of all the things Lynch chose to clarify regarding the plot, it was Agent Jeffries as a tea kettle. :lol:
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

One thing I've learned from Lynch interviews it that one way to get him to actually answer questions is to make a false statement (or something he would disagree with) in the premise of the question.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

BGate wrote:One thing I've learned from Lynch interviews it that one way to get him to actually answer questions is to make a false statement (or something he would disagree with) in the premise of the question.
"So David uh... Dale clearly went to Odessa in 2014 and..."
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Which is funny given his ostensible "everyone's interpretation is valid" philosophy.
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

Sheryl Lee and Sherilyn Fenn at Spa-Con article/recap
https://www.pressreader.com/usa/the-sen ... 9276603029
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Peter Deming: http://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/twin-p ... 201878462/

Note that he says DKL stuck very close to the script. Of course, some people will continue insisting that they know what happened better than the DP and the network president, and that DKL went completely rogue and made up the ending without Mark.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

^Great interview with some great insight about David's process.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Jacob
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jacob »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Peter Deming: http://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/twin-p ... 201878462/

Note that he says DKL stuck very close to the script. Of course, some people will continue insisting that they know what happened better than the DP and the network president, and that DKL went completely rogue and made up the ending without Mark.
Yeah, but at the same time Sabrina Sutherland said that Lynch wrote a lot of the new stuff (transforming the 9 parts into 18) without Frost. So even if Lynch stuck to "the script", who knows really ? :?
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Jacob wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:Peter Deming: http://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/twin-p ... 201878462/

Yeah, but at the same time Sabrina Sutherland said that Lynch wrote a lot of the new stuff (transforming the 9 parts into 18) without Frost. So even if Lynch stuck to "the script", who knows really ? :?
Perhaps it's that regardless of whether it was the original script or Lynch's additions, he kept close to whatever was in print.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Jacob wrote:

She said that he wrote a bunch of scenes, but she also said that they're not what transformed the 9 parts into 18 (something which Nevins also debunked iirc?), and most importantly, she said he ran them by Frost! Was it in the Reddit AMA, I can't remember? A link would come in handy...
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

laughingpinecone wrote:
Jacob wrote:

She said that he wrote a bunch of scenes, but she also said that they're not what transformed the 9 parts into 18 (something which Nevins also debunked iirc?), and most importantly, she said he ran them by Frost! Was it in the Reddit AMA, I can't remember? A link would come in handy...
Here it is!
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

AXX°N N. wrote:
Here it is![/quote]
Much obliged! Ah, I missed the distinction she makes about "big" scenes. I'm guessing this doesn't include the couple scenes we actually know were written on set, ie Frank's phone call to Harry about the good Dale, which we know from Forster was created in like ten minutes, and the additional Hutchens scenes Tim Roth asked for. Great scenes, and imho much needed in Frank's case, but they're basically connective tissue that doesn't add anything to what we know of the characters, their role in the story, their background or whatever. But any potential game changer went through Frost.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

laughingpinecone wrote:
AXX°N N. wrote:
Here it is!
Much obliged! Ah, I missed the distinction she makes about "big" scenes. I'm guessing this doesn't include the couple scenes we actually know were written on set, ie Frank's phone call to Harry about the good Dale, which we know from Forster was created in like ten minutes, and the additional Hutchens scenes Tim Roth asked for. Great scenes, and imho much needed in Frank's case, but they're basically connective tissue that doesn't add anything to what we know of the characters, their role in the story, their background or whatever. But any potential game changer went through Frost.[/quote]
What were the additional Hutch scenes?