Those of you who WON'T watch the series as it goes along... (NO SPOILERS)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Re: Those of you who WON'T watch the series as it goes along...

Post by Agent Earle »

Driftwood wrote:
just grab the thing off the internet however you have to guys. it's a tv show, a swat team isn't going to kick in your door. worse case scenario you get a warning from your isp that nothing is going to come from. and you know you're going to buy the bluray box set and every tie in novel anyway. I don't know I guess I've always been too poor to be affected in anyway by guilt over piracy of media, either that or watching my dad make copies of floppy discs when I was a kid was the digital equivalent of tony soprano walking in on his dad chopping a dudes finger off.
LOL!!!
Dead Dog
RR Diner Member

Post by Dead Dog »

Driftwood wrote:
Dead Dog wrote:Well, I tried getting Rogue One for my sons and nephews to watch on New Year's Eve and it was terrible. You could tell someone just got video at a theater. I was nervous the whole time I did it so maybe didn't spend the right amount of time looking for a good file or whatever.
you can only get a quality release of something is there's a source for it. like if it's already out on bluray or a streaming service like amazon or netflix. otherwise if it's still in theaters then yeah it's just going to be some copy some guy recorded.

just grab the thing off the internet however you have to guys. it's a tv show, a swat team isn't going to kick in your door. worse case scenario you get a warning from your isp that nothing is going to come from. and you know you're going to buy the bluray box set and every tie in novel anyway. I don't know I guess I've always been too poor to be affected in anyway by guilt over piracy of media, either that or watching my dad make copies of floppy discs when I was a kid was the digital equivalent of tony soprano walking in on his dad chopping a dudes finger off.
Yeah, I wasn't nervous about a SWAT team, just wasn't sure how secure the sites were and was weary of viruses, etc. And, despite my dumb comment, I know folks aren't going to upload files of TP recorded by their smartphone pointed at the TV. I just had my mind stuck in the movies in the cinema mode as I was thinking about the Rogue One situation.
Melong
RR Diner Member

Post by Melong »

Like was said before, use a good VPN. Practice save torrenting!
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

Agent Earle wrote: Btw, I'm from Slovenia
Agent Earle - looks like the gum you like is going to come back in style... on HBO Europe, if that helps!

http://variety.com/2017/tv/global/cbs-t ... 202027248/
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

indyit wrote:
Agent Earle wrote: Btw, I'm from Slovenia
Agent Earle - looks like the gum you like is going to come back in style... on HBO Europe, if that helps!

http://variety.com/2017/tv/global/cbs-t ... 202027248/

Wow, this is friggin' GREAT!!! Who'd have thought it - I guess nothing can stop Peaks to reach all corners of our Globe simultaneously, eh? :)
Anyway, THX for notification, my friend, much appreciated :)
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

I don't have Sky here in the UK, so I'm hoping an iTunes series pass will be available. If not, I'm a bit screwed!

I don't download anything illegal on principle (I work in the media, so why would I damage myself?)

The only circumstances in which I would download something 'off books' would be for, say, an obscure album that isn't available anywhere. Unfortunately, I'm a bit of a whiz at locating obscure items. My biggest recent success was finding a CD of a cassette dub I was given in 1983. I had no album name and no written down track names. I knew a couple of them, found out the album name, but it was called 'Reflections.' There are a lot of albums called 'Reflections' out there. I put together an iTunes playlist, but not all the recordings were the same as the album's and also not mixed. Eventually, I found out the album's subtitle then located the cover design, discovered it was reissued on CD in 1990 and bought it second hand from an Amazon seller.

So, no way will I do an illegal download. I'll be patient!
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Gabriel wrote:I don't have Sky here in the UK, so I'm hoping an iTunes series pass will be available. If not, I'm a bit screwed!

I don't download anything illegal on principle (I work in the media, so why would I damage myself?)

The only circumstances in which I would download something 'off books' would be for, say, an obscure album that isn't available anywhere. Unfortunately, I'm a bit of a whiz at locating obscure items. My biggest recent success was finding a CD of a cassette dub I was given in 1983. I had no album name and no written down track names. I knew a couple of them, found out the album name, but it was called 'Reflections.' There are a lot of albums called 'Reflections' out there. I put together an iTunes playlist, but not all the recordings were the same as the album's and also not mixed. Eventually, I found out the album's subtitle then located the cover design, discovered it was reissued on CD in 1990 and bought it second hand from an Amazon seller.

So, no way will I do an illegal download. I'll be patient!
You can purchase a Now TV pass for the duration of the run on Sky Atlantic. Much cheaper than the full package and Atlantic streams live on it. They also make episodes of currently airing shows available for a couple of weeks thereafter.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

sneakydave wrote:You can purchase a Now TV pass for the duration of the run on Sky Atlantic. Much cheaper than the full package and Atlantic streams live on it. They also make episodes of currently airing shows available for a couple of weeks thereafter.
Yeah, that's what I'm considering. Still hoping for an iTunes pass though.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Gabriel wrote:
sneakydave wrote:You can purchase a Now TV pass for the duration of the run on Sky Atlantic. Much cheaper than the full package and Atlantic streams live on it. They also make episodes of currently airing shows available for a couple of weeks thereafter.
Yeah, that's what I'm considering. Still hoping for an iTunes pass though.
I got a NowTV pass and will be up at 2am livestreaming the simulcast for sure - only for the premiere, though, I'll make do with Catch Up after that (it'll be the first thing I do after work each week tho!).

My question is, has there been official confirmation on whether we also get the double drop that US showtime subscribers get (ie, parts 3&4 or whatever made available for streaming immediately after broadcast of 1&2/0/vier sieben)? I thought I'd seen something about it somewhere but can't find now and it's hard to search. I'd quite like to watch the whole four-hour block at once, before going to work a broken shell of a man.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

No confirmation as of yet that Sky Atlantic will have episodes 3 and 4 on demand after the premiere. I've asked them three times directly on Twitter but they haven't replied.

I plan on watching the 2am simulcast too but had planned on going back to bed, getting up, dropping the kids off with a sitter and heading back home to rewatch it with the wife then watch eps 3 and 4.

I've taken the day off especially for this. Sky Atlantic better not let me down. :-)
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

I think we'll get it, if not same time then same day. A poster in the s3 thread said they were told by an employee of HBO Europe that they believed they would show it the same way as in US but that nothing was finalised because there is so little information, I imagine it's the same with sky. I can't see the various international channels going for a deal that means worldwide viewers see pt 4 two weeks after American viewers, and I for one will resort to other methods if that turns out to be the case.
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

I welcomed the HBO news with delight, too, yet if not for this HBO broadcast, I wouldn't watch it now, either. Frankly speaking, it's not because I am so righteous that I wouldn't want to make an illegal download. It's just that... I just don't download stuff from internet... hard to explain why. I hardly ever use internet to watch things longer than clips on youtube. So I'd probably wait for the DVDs, unless some friend invited me over to watch what he'd downloaded :wink:

Another thing is, I'm not really a person who gets excited by premieres. OK, it happened to me a few times. I went to see the midnight premiere of Fellowship of the Ring and Attack of the Clones. Never would have done it on my own, though. Friends talked me into it (not that I regret, but it's not my way). I like to think that the later I start something, the longer I have it!
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB