Any swedish tp fans in malmoe?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

claaa7
Great Northern Member

Any swedish tp fans in malmoe?

Post by claaa7 »

Sorry this thread can be deleted soon but are there any peaks fans from here that live in skåne, sweden. Biograf spegeln is showing a film copy of Fwwm at 1900. Would be cool to meet up
indyit
RR Diner Member

Re: Any swedish tp fans in malmoe?

Post by indyit »

Dang hope it was good! From Helsingborg but been living in London for the past decade. Was in Malmö over Xmas, lovely city. I need to keep a lookout for screenings here.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

cool, i currently reside in Angelholm... yeah it was GREAT to finally see two of my favorite films on the Cinema screen as it was supposed (FWWM and 2001: A Space Oddyssey a while back). they were both film copies (not digital), and although 2001 was in noticable better shape, FWWM was a lttile rough in spots with some burns and scratches i'm really glad it was the original film stock used in Swedish Cinemas in 1992. it was the original audio mix where you can barely hear the dialouge in the Red Room as opposed to on the DVD they cranked the dialouge up enough so you can really understand it without subtitles. there was a lot of people there who were new fans and had seen the show Before but not the film and there were a lot of comments like "My GOD that was DARK", "I really Think i need to go and Watch a Comedy or something Before i sleep tonight now" haha..

i spoke with some Girls Before the showing began who had seen the series, one of them claiming to be somewhat of a horror buff... i warned them that don't expect a Movie version of the series, she was a Little dissapointed that the storyline wouldn't continue (she didn't know that), and i said it's very dark and almost horror-esque (i Think that and "The Shining" are two of the best psychological horror Movies made). afterwards i met up with them again and they were really, really shocked and scarred by this film haha, they both said it was the scariest Movie they had ever seen and the horror buff girl and me had a discussion about this Movie (and Lynch other works) gets into your subconscious and act outs like a nightmare to really get under your skin in a way that horror films usually don't.. i promised them they would be thinking About this Movie for a long time, "Yes this is a Movie i will never forget" what one of their answers haha so that's a good Review. it made a very strong impression.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

claaa7 wrote:...i Think that and "The Shining" are two of the best psychological horror Movies made). ...
Very good, Have to agree there.

Did you check out Room 1408?
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Soolsma wrote:
claaa7 wrote:...i Think that and "The Shining" are two of the best psychological horror Movies made). ...

You know what i did, and i liked it... At first, maybe the first 30 or so. However im a big King reader so i read the short story 1408. Theres nothing as extreme weirdness as in the movie and tons of stuff was added. Unfortunately i might addd.

But that book man, i dont know if it was that particulat nigjt. Reading really late as i couldnt stop till the end. Ive read everything by King, like 60 books, and as a complete story i stand by that being his scariest work yet. It gets so under youre skin that youll soon feel like youre slowly growing insane.. Its in the detaiils. The film was so hollywood and in your face.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

I've never read any book by King yet. Also don't think it'd work now that I know the plot.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

claaa7 wrote:
Soolsma wrote:

You know what i did, and i liked it... At first, maybe the first 30 or so. However im a big King reader so i read the short story 1408. Theres nothing as extreme weirdness as in the movie and tons of stuff was added. Unfortunately i might addd.

But that book man, i dont know if it was that particulat nigjt. Reading really late as i couldnt stop till the end. Ive read everything by King, like 60 books, and as a complete story i stand by that being his scariest work yet. It gets so under youre skin that youll soon feel like youre slowly growing insane.. Its in the detaiils. The film was so hollywood and in your face.
While I might disagree with your opinion about short story 1408 (otherwise collected in a truly stellar short stories compilation titled Everything's Eventual) as I think that particular work is nothing to write home about (truly, King has some excellent short stories out there, but 1408 is among the lesser ones - it's basically just this really brief mood piece), I definitely share your opinion about its movie "adaptation" (and the term is truly to be used lightly in this context) - it's a bloated, convoluted, thoroughly Hollywood-ized crap that's an insult to King's name. But it wasn't the first time his name was shamelessly used as a bait to draw the masses in.
Bobbyfromthelobby

Post by Bobbyfromthelobby »

I live close to Malmö. And there seems to be a lot of Twin Peaks fans in Skåne. Maybe we should do our own Twin Peaks fest every year from now? :D
NightTimeMyTime
Roadhouse Member

Post by NightTimeMyTime »

I'm Swedish, but doesn't live anywhere near Malmö. Wonderful anecdote about the FWWM audience! FWWM and The Shining are two of my all-time favorites, together with the surrealist fairytale Valerie and her Week of Wonders (check it out!). A little sad about not being able to watch FWWM on any of the screenings in either Stockholm, Göteborg or Malmö this spring. Have seen it more times than I can count though.

Skickat från min A0001 via Tapatalk
OpeningCreditsBird

Post by OpeningCreditsBird »

I don't live there but I visited in 2002 and met the biggest Twin Peaks fan I've ever met in Malmö. He was from Lulea and learned to speak English by watching the series over and over. He could quote swathes of dialogue. His name was Kristian.