[No spoilers] Level of excitement for the new characters?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Re: [No spoilers] Level of excitement for the new characters?

Post by Rudagger »

Snailhead wrote: Of the musicians, Sharon Van Etten has me most excited - she's such a unique beauty.
I saw her live back in October, and got to briefly speak with her. By far one of my favourite musicians working today (and also my most anticipated out of the musicians .. her name was the only genuine "What the hell" shocker for me on that cast list).

(Also, I completely embarrassed myself when speaking with her, and I'll forever spend the rest of my life cringing while thinking about it).

If she gets to play a song at the Roadhouse or something, I can guarantee it will be absolutely heart wrenching.
freeek
Roadhouse Member

Post by freeek »

I'm calling it now : Knepper might end up being the hottest revelation of it all. And he will be in high demand when the new season ends.

Calling it too : Chrysta Bell is gonna be trouble.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

freeek wrote:I'm calling it now : Knepper might end up being the hottest revelation of it all.
Yeah. I think it's very telling that many of the cast have said things along the lines of "I have no idea what happens in the story", so for Koeppner to say "there are so many surprises", he clearly shot a lot of material, or at the very least some really important scenes.
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

sara paxton and sky ferreira :D
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

The most exciting thing will be having new characters who might become so integral to the show that we can't imagine the show without them; the situation where, in years to come, you're watching, say, episode 12 of the original show and you say 'Oh, [insert name] would have sorted that situation out in no time but [he/she] isn't in the show yet!'

It will be great to have a character we all love so much that we want to see them in a spin-off.

That's the biggest thing of which I have to remind myself. In 40-ish days, I will never look at the original episodes and movie in the same way again; scenes and characters I've looked at in one way can – and probably will – be completely redefined. It's not just the new season that's 'new.' The whole entity we call 'Twin Peaks' will be 'new.'
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

Laura Dern and Micheal Cera
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

I'm really interested to see what they do with veteran actors Don Murray (of Bus Stop/Marilyn Monroe fame) and Richard Chamberlain. They are 87 and 83 years of age respectively now.

I'm hoping that Amanda Seyfried will impress me and make me forget she is Amanda Seyfried. I identify her too strongly with Mamma Mia and various other roles so hope I will be able to put that on the back burner and not think, 'Hey, that's Amanda Seyfried!' and instead just think of her as her character. I'm sure there will be loads of lesser known actors that I recognise and hadn't put the face and name together from the cast list. I always thought Jeremy Davies known for LOST and various other projects is great. Hope he'll get a good role.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Venus wrote:I'm really interested to see what they do with veteran actors Don Murray (of Bus Stop/Marilyn Monroe fame) and Richard Chamberlain. They are 87 and 83 years of age respectively now.

I'm hoping that Amanda Seyfried will impress me and make me forget she is Amanda Seyfried. I identify her too strongly with Mamma Mia and various other roles so hope I will be able to put that on the back burner and not think, 'Hey, that's Amanda Seyfried!' and instead just think of her as her character. I'm sure there will be loads of lesser known actors that I recognise and hadn't put the face and name together from the cast list. I always thought Jeremy Davies known for LOST and various other projects is great. Hope he'll get a good role.
Yeah, there's a part of me that has that same concern about Amanda Seyfried, but then I remember all the times Lynch has taken a recognizable actor and worked with them to create a new memorable character that stands apart from their previous work.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Venus wrote:I'm really interested to see what they do with veteran actors Don Murray (of Bus Stop/Marilyn Monroe fame) and Richard Chamberlain. They are 87 and 83 years of age respectively now.
Let's hope for some Thorn Birds action from Chamberlain! :D
Other than him, I'm also anxious to see what they have in story for Roth, Watts and Dern.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

I'm anxious to see whether Josh McDermitt will portray Major Briggs' baby brother or not (based on seeing his Walking Dead character Eugene "That's classified" Porter).

Edit: ..or Bobby Briggs' brother from another mother.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

[No spoilers] Level of excitement for the new characters?

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

I wouldn't expect Amanda Seyfried or any of the others to play a big role just because they're big names.
Seyfried said she barely knew her character's name. It could be she was playing coy so she wouldn't be flooded with questions she can't answer, but I think some of you might be surprised.

As for Jane Levy, I believe she said she shot only one episode, not one scene.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:Micheal Cera
This! +1

Can't wait to see what Lynch makes of him.
KHAN Games

Post by KHAN Games »

I think Jeremy Davies was my favorite character from LOST, so I am quite excited to see what sort of part he gets in this!
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

John Justice Wheeler wrote:Personally I'm expecting a broad mosaic ensemble approach (even more so than before) with no one other than Cooper really "standing out" as excessively prominent. n.
I also think Laura/Sheryl Lee will be prominently portrayed in the new series.
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

Hailey is so interesting :lol: