[No spoilers] Level of excitement for the new characters?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: [No spoilers] Level of excitement for the new characters?

Post by Jonah »

I have to admit that I'm mainly interested in seeing the original characters (or versions thereof) and not too invested in the new ones, but I am very curious to see Jennifer Jason Leigh. I'm surprised she and Lynch haven't worked together before. I really liked her in her 80's and 90's movies especially. I'm also looking forward to seeing Naomi Watts because of "MD". There's so many others (maybe TOO many?) that I'm not sure, though it will be cool to see a lot of familiar faces from other Lynch movies.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Jonah wrote:I have to admit that I'm mainly interested in seeing the original characters (or versions thereof) and not too invested in the new ones.
I think I'm the opposite. I'm finding it more interesting thinking about how the new cast will be used, and have less interest in the older actors with the exception of MacLachlan (who'll undoubtedly be the center of the show), Wise, McGill, Ashbrook, and maybe a couple others. It'll be nice to catch up with some, but the show has to be more than nostalgia, and probably will be.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

Exactly the same here!
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

i'm excited to see some of the great actors that Lynch has worked with in the past like Naomi Watts, Laura Dern and Baltazar Ghetty.

also call me masocistic but i can't say i am not curious to see how the hell Michael Cera will fit into the world of Twin Peaks:

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Cera is BOB, obviously
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
OK,Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by OK,Bob »

Venus wrote:I'm really interested to see what they do with veteran actors Don Murray (of Bus Stop/Marilyn Monroe fame) and Richard Chamberlain. They are 87 and 83 years of age respectively now.
FWIW, Chamberlain's site reports that... (This link may contain spoilers. Proceed at your own risk)

http://www.richardchamberlain.net/chambo3/658

(Edited by Mod)
"OK, Bob. OK, BOB. OK." -Audrey Horne
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

OK,Bob wrote:
Venus wrote:I'm really interested to see what they do with veteran actors Don Murray (of Bus Stop/Marilyn Monroe fame) and Richard Chamberlain. They are 87 and 83 years of age respectively now.
FWIW, Chamberlain's site reports that... (This link may contain spoilers. Proceed at your own risk)

Thanks! And interestingly enough this website says Don Murray... (This link may contain spoilers. Proceed at your own risk) http://seniorcitylocal.com/celebrating- ... ray-is-87/

(Edited by Mod)
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

I think it's basically an assumption from the info on IMDb
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Venus wrote:
OK,Bob wrote:

Thanks! And interestingly enough this website says Don Murray... (This link may contain spoilers. Proceed at your own risk) http://seniorcitylocal.com/celebrating- ... ray-is-87/

(Edited by Mod)
Really mods? I would never have posted the link if I thought it was in any way a spoiler. It's so generic. Oh well.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

Any speculation on these new character in the promo? Nicole LaLiberte seems to be maybe a prostitute worried about getting in trouble with a pimp or even something darker like sex trafficking.

Whoever Ben Rosenfield is playing seems creepy.
freeek
Roadhouse Member

Post by freeek »

IcedOver wrote:Caleb Landry Jones feels like someone who could have a bigger role as possibly a weirdo or bad guy. He was pretty good in "Get Out".
Jones was *impressive* in "Get Out" :shock:
Very eager to see him in TP: TR.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

I'd have to say I'm equally excited, or perhaps slightly more excited, for the new characters. Whenever Lynch and Frost offer new people for their world, I don't see how you can't be excited. It's not like the poorly planned bunch of S2 characters that suddenly took over the show because the writers had lost direction. The new characters we see this time will be expanding the universe, helping to deepen the world and push the plot(s) forward.

Plus, every shows needs new life breathed into it now and then. It can't merely be a nostalgia fest or there'd be slim chance of creating real art.

I'm shocked that some fans merely want a kind of trippy reunion show.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

chromereflectsimage wrote:Any speculation on these new character in the promo? Nicole LaLiberte seems to be maybe a prostitute worried about getting in trouble with a pimp or even something darker like sex trafficking.

Whoever Ben Rosenfield is playing seems creepy.
LaLiberte's character seems to be some kind of echo to Teresa Banks.

Rosenfield seems to either be possessed, a Leo like psycho, or maybe a dugpa?

What I mean by dugpa is perhaps we'll have another Windom Earle like character who's trying to harness the power of the lodge, but then is overtaken by it -- really, a wanna-be dugpa. This actor seems too young to play such a character, but you never know.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

The scene with Rosenfield gave me the feeling of him being trapped/kidnapped or something, with that camera maybe being some kind of a motion detection camera ("if you move as much as a finger, you'll be dead, buddy!"). He seems scared.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Weirdly, I find myself most interested in seeing what's up with Kathleen Deming.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.