[No spoilers] Level of excitement for the new characters?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mace
Roadhouse Member

Re: [No spoilers] Level of excitement for the new characters?

Post by Mace »

I am tempering my excitement for certain actors/characters. When I first saw FWWM in 1992 I expected Calvin Lockhart and Jurgen Prochnow to have more screen time than they actually did. Bowie's screen time was less than I expected also but his scene (though not substantial) is one of the highlights of the film.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I am also a big fan of Jeremy Davies, and can't wait to see what he's doing . Also totally forgot Josh McDermitt is in this and I had a chance to meet him last year at a con. Darn it! Also, I really hope Sharon van etten has a decent role. She was so great in the OA that I didn't know it was her until I saw the credits at the end!
raltenbach
Roadhouse Member

Post by raltenbach »

the woods wrote: i could still be very wrong...but i still wonder if some of the younger new cast members might be portraying older cast members in the past.

The only dream I've had relating to the new season involved exactly that. It involved a complete re-creation of the pilot but with Laura not taking the ring, therefor being possessed by Bob. It was a brief but odd dream and had almost nothing to do with Tibet.

Back to the topic at hand: When I first heard that Laura Dern was cast in this I became even more excited about this whole project. Her work with David Lynch has been some of the most well acted material I've seen. Also as a very big fan of NIN, I really have to wonder what Trent Reznor will be doing on the show.
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

Pierce Gagnon, Matthew Lillard, Derek Mears, Ethan Suplee, Charlyne Yi, Patrick Fischler, Meg Foster, Robert Broski, Owain Rhys Davies, Joy Nash.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Mace wrote:I am tempering my excitement for certain actors/characters. When I first saw FWWM in 1992 I expected Calvin Lockhart and Jurgen Prochnow to have more screen time than they actually did. Bowie's screen time was less than I expected also but his scene (though not substantial) is one of the highlights of the film.
Yeah... Except for those few who are heavily rumored to have significant screentime, I'm trying to think more in terms of "new townsfolk!", "New FBI!" etc than put my chips with specific actors. My baseline expectation is a single scene like "where's my goddamn hot water, Carl" for everyone until proven contrary :lol:
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Mace
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mace »

laughingpinecone wrote:
Mace wrote:I am tempering my excitement for certain actors/characters. When I first saw FWWM in 1992 I expected Calvin Lockhart and Jurgen Prochnow to have more screen time than they actually did. Bowie's screen time was less than I expected also but his scene (though not substantial) is one of the highlights of the film.
Yeah... Except for those few who are heavily rumored to have significant screentime, I'm trying to think more in terms of "new townsfolk!", "New FBI!" etc than put my chips with specific actors. My baseline expectation is a single scene like "where's my goddamn hot water, Carl" for everyone until proven contrary :lol:
Haha! I agree and I'll share that same outlook when I'm watching Season 3.

In Twin Peaks doubling (both intentional and unintentional) abounds. Carl is "in hot water" with Margaret because he has not fixed her hot water problem. I bet that's why one (or both) of the Chalfont's left.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

I'm hoping that the new characters will be interesting enough to possibly give the show an expanded future. Not to mention the fact that most of our returning characters look a bit like vampires -- or the walking dead -- these days. Nothing against vampires and zombies, mind you, I haven't aged well either. ;) However, Twin Peaks was known for its sex appeal, and the recent cover of EW had a contraceptive effect. Yes, I am aware that Twin Peaks can deploy the weird charm of the poorly aged better than any other show.

Then again, Amanda Seyfried may have enough sex appeal for two or three shows. But who will be the new hunk that rises to the level of young Dale? Old Dale is still quite handsome, but he looks bit too haunted for romance.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

This cast list is so odd and unexpected. A few times I've looked at it and realized I'd forgotten so-and-so was on it.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
freeek
Roadhouse Member

Post by freeek »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:Then again, Amanda Seyfried may have enough sex appeal for two or three shows.
Well if you're looking for the sex fox of this new season, you might be eager to know who the luscious Elena Satine is gonna play. :mrgreen:
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

freeek wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:Then again, Amanda Seyfried may have enough sex appeal for two or three shows.
Well if you're looking for the sex fox of this new season, you might be eager to know who the luscious Elena Satine is gonna play. :mrgreen:
Thank you for the heads up, sir! :twisted:
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

W&S there are many beautiful women on the cast list.

It'll be interesting to see Francesca Eastwood (Clint's daughter) and Jesse Johnson (Don Johnson's son) in their roles. I've not seen them act in anything else. Also Christopher Murray is in it, and is the son of actor Don Murray who is also in TP3.

Also interesting they have Mike Malone, the on set dresser for Twin Peaks as well as many other productions, listed as an actor in TP3. He also played an FBI agent in FWWM.

Looking forward to seeing Matthew Lillard in a role. Always a good actor to watch. I'm sure she is a lovely person but I was a bit disheartened to see Bellina Logan return. Imo, she gave the worst performance in TP.

I wonder what part David Lynch's wife, Emily Stofle, will have?
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
asmahan
RR Diner Member

Post by asmahan »

I am looking forward to Balthazar Getty, really liked him in Lost Highway.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Mike Malone also turned up in the series. Look for him in episode 7 and possibly elsewhere.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Jerry Horne wrote:Mike Malone also turned up in the series. Look for him in episode 7 and possibly elsewhere.
Will do!

I wonder with all the many child actors in the cast if they'll be doing flashbacks to when characters were children?
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Caleb Landry Jones feels like someone who could have a bigger role as possibly a weirdo or bad guy. He was pretty good in "Get Out".

I wonder how much Tom Sizemore had to do. Wouldn't surprise me if his role is bigger because he fits into the Hopper/Blake mold of the troubled actor being given a chance.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!