Al Strobel interview

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

up4dabah

Al Strobel interview

Post by up4dabah »

I came across this interview recently and some of it struck me as a bit odd. The interviewer is talking about the MIKE/BOB connection. To anyone looking at this, it would seem clear she's talking Frank Silva. But Al Strobel replies "I assume you are talking about Frank Silva's BOB?". The only other character with a similar name is Bobby Briggs and it's pretty clear she's not on about him. This interview took place in October 2015 a month after filming of The Return began. I hope that BOB isn't recast personally and this is just a confused moment on his part :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKF1FTpKXLw
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Re: Al Strobel interview

Post by dronerstone »

thanks for the heads up, really enjoyable short interview there! :)

the way he says he's missing MJA makes it clear to me he really is NOT in the new series.

and yup, "Frank Silva's BOB" is an interesting expression too. I wouldn't mind a recast if it's pulled off well - and I doubt Lynch would do it if it weren't up to par.

Everything I've seen of Al so far makes him seem like a really charming, appreciative guy.
polishq
RR Diner Member

Post by polishq »

Well, the question is about how, as actors, they developed the interplay between the two characters. But Al didn't have all that many scenes with Frank Silva ... in fact the only one that comes to mind is the Red Room scene at the end of FWWM. Al interacts more with Ray Wise in the movie, so maybe that's why he clarified.
up4dabah

Post by up4dabah »

polishq wrote:Well, the question is about how, as actors, they developed the interplay between the two characters. But Al didn't have all that many scenes with Frank Silva ... in fact the only one that comes to mind is the Red Room scene at the end of FWWM. Al interacts more with Ray Wise in the movie, so maybe that's why he clarified.
I was thinking that also. Refering to Bob being inside other characters in the original run.
Rami Airola
RR Diner Member

Post by Rami Airola »

Yeah, I recall this was discussed a bit in the currently temporarily unavailable Season 3 spoilers thread.
I remember clinging into that bit immediately too. Such a curious thing to say, but it could be just an old guy talking about things that happened decades ago.

If you'd ask me if there is any evidence for Bob being recast I think this would be the best evidence for it.
But it's obviously too ambiguous to actually confirm anything.