What will be the Opening Theme music for the new show? (NO SPOILERS)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

What will be the Opening Theme song for Twin Peaks The Return

Poll ended at Sun May 14, 2017 7:43 am

"Falling" from the original series - same or revised arrangement
66%
FWWM theme song- same or revised arrangement
4%
Another song or theme from the original series or FWWM (e.g. 'Under the Sycamores' or 'Dark Mood Woods')
1%
Completely new music or no music at all
28%

Total votes: 158
StrangerDanger
RR Diner Member

Re: What will be the Opening Theme music for the new show?

Post by StrangerDanger »

I'm kind of scared, that any new music would be dwarfed by the original series and FWWM. I believe it's not just the composers, but the whole music scene (everything was imbued with a golden aura back then), so the original scores are a hard act to follow. We shall see.
leeeET's ROCK!
[ I've permanently left the forum ... Dugpa is a dodgy name, plus l'm too busy. Keep the :?: :idea: ]
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

bob_wooler wrote: This version is exactly what I fear we'll get if they go full symph. This is really nice and all, but that's also all there is to it IMO. The somewhat dark, mysterious, sinister vibe from the original is almost completely gone and what's left is a piece of sentimental fluff more akin to Dynasty or Falcon Crest and such (especially in the crescendo-ish parts). I'm sure that, as pointed out by Gabriel, with better orchestrating and arrangment it could've been made a bit more fitting with the TP-feel, but still, I really feel something like this belongs more to CD compilations like "The BBC Orchestra plays the TV classics" than an opening theme to my beloved Twin Peaks.
Yes, it's far too twee and flowery. If Badalementi oversees it, I can't imagine that would be an issue.