FWWM Dinner Scene- Discussion

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

theshamanisright1

FWWM Dinner Scene- Discussion

Post by theshamanisright1 »

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts about the dinner scene.
How should we think of Sarah, since the scene implies she knows, at least on some level, what Leland/Bob is doing to Laura?
Was Leland himself or was he BOB? or both?
What about his grief afterwards? that seems genuine, but I've never been sure where Bob begins and Leland ends..
What are your thoughts?
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Re: FWWM Dinner Scene- Discussion

Post by laughingpinecone »

I know it all resonates vividly with people with first- or secondhand experience of abusive households. The effects on Laura first and foremost, but also Sarah's mix of /knowing/ but not wanting to /see/, Leland's attitude, even his grief...
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
dreamshake
RR Diner Member

Post by dreamshake »

:shock:
Last edited by dreamshake on Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

theshamanisright1 wrote:I'm interested in hearing your thoughts about the dinner scene.
How should we think of Sarah, since the scene implies she knows, at least on some level, what Leland/Bob is doing to Laura?
Was Leland himself or was he BOB? or both?
What about his grief afterwards? that seems genuine, but I've never been sure where Bob begins and Leland ends..
What are your thoughts?
In the season two finale, Leland's shadow self claims he didn't kill anybody. So does that mean BOB simply allowed regular Leland to unleash his own inner monster and that the Leland of FWWM is mostly acting on his own with BOB just along for the ride? So Laura sees BOB rather than Leland because that's how her psychic abilities and traumatised mind cope with the abuse.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Yeah, this scene definitely messed with me when I first saw it. It challenged a lot of my perception of the Palmer family dynamic. It's one of the most important scenes in the film, for sure.