Season 3 Opening scene speculation (NO SPOILERS)

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
Snailhead

Re: Season 3 Opening scene speculation

Postby Snailhead » Sun May 14, 2017 8:10 pm

Here's an idea: echoing the pilot, the opening shot of "The Return" features Josie - but in the Black Lodge. She's in pain - one of the unfortunate souls trapped in purgatory. Then we cut to Dale and/or Laura.
Welcome to Canada...
Venus

Postby Venus » Sun May 14, 2017 11:53 pm

Snailhead wrote:Here's an idea: echoing the pilot, the opening shot of "The Return" features Josie - but in the Black Lodge. She's in pain - one of the unfortunate souls trapped in purgatory. Then we cut to Dale and/or Laura.

Ooo I like the full circle heidi'ness of it.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Maddy

Postby Maddy » Mon May 15, 2017 11:42 am

asmahan wrote:I have a feeling it will be Laura and the Good Dale in the the lodge, more or less where we left them in 1992.

I like this idea too. Along with finding out more about where Leland, the giant and Maddy went.
The Angels will return...
Xavi

Postby Xavi » Tue May 16, 2017 4:56 am

The other day I was thinking about Twin Peaks Season 3 ending scene.
Picture this, Cole and Cooper making a campfire and Cole has the trunk of his car loaded with dozens of tin cans with old film-celluloid. He throws the whole pile of old films into the fire causing a thick smoke curtain that fills the complete screen. Two hazy figures fade in the totality of a misty landscape, while Cole shouts "Cooper, Cooper, Cooper."
krishnanspace

Postby krishnanspace » Tue May 16, 2017 4:59 am

I want the first 2 hours inside the lodge and in the end they should show the place which is wonderful and strange
Soolsma

Postby Soolsma » Tue May 16, 2017 5:26 am

2 hours in the lodge.. I'd go insane
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
krishnanspace

Postby krishnanspace » Tue May 16, 2017 7:11 am

That's the twist, I never said which Lodge :D
thisisme

Postby thisisme » Tue May 16, 2017 7:23 am

Cold Opening. Long fade in from black with music. Cooper in car driving. Scene is 2.30ish long. Dark. Trees. Desire/Saturday is the music. Coopers expression changes very slowly from straight to emotionally distressed. No words at all, just emotion. Very intense and spine tingling opening.

it's a play on his original opening scene. He's older. The colours are opposite to the original scene. It's a mirror of opposites and the music just makes your stomach go crazy with excitement despite the contrasting pictures.

Straight into a second scene where the mood/lighting/music is polar opposite.
dronerstone

Postby dronerstone » Tue May 16, 2017 11:32 am

thisisme wrote:Cold Opening. Long fade in from black with music. Cooper in car driving. Scene is 2.30ish long. Dark. Trees. Desire/Saturday is the music. Coopers expression changes very slowly from straight to emotionally distressed. No words at all, just emotion. Very intense and spine tingling opening.

it's a play on his original opening scene. He's older. The colours are opposite to the original scene. It's a mirror of opposites and the music just makes your stomach go crazy with excitement despite the contrasting pictures.

Straight into a second scene where the mood/lighting/music is polar opposite.

I like where this goes... :)
Snailhead

Postby Snailhead » Tue May 16, 2017 1:16 pm

So many beautiful possibilities...
Welcome to Canada...
Rainwater

Postby Rainwater » Wed May 17, 2017 5:00 am

I suspect (and hope) it will start out slow and relatively unassuming. No Red Room or any crazy stuff. I think there needs to be a good setup before going into that territory.
I also expect mostly new characters and places in the beginning hours, à la FWWM.
φ

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”