Season 3 Opening scene speculation (NO SPOILERS)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Garmonbozia1996

Season 3 Opening scene speculation (NO SPOILERS)

Post by Garmonbozia1996 »

Hi I have been a long time lurker on the forums for a while, and thought now would be a good time to get involved. I thought it would be fun to speculate on what the opening scenes of the the new series would entail.

Wishfull thinking but I feel like we will again be following Coop in the lodge for at least 10/15 minutes before his eventual escape into Glastonbury Grove. However another distinct possibility could be having a character, possibly Bob/Evil Coop or a new cast member looking into a mirror directly emulating the opening moments of the pilot, the ending and establishing that ever present theme of duality.

Wondering what you lot would suggest ?
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 3 Opening scene speculation

Post by Mordeen »

I'll see you again in 25 years...

Meanwhile...

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

A recreation of Cooper's dream would be amazing, if MJA wasn't an asshole. They could always use the original one, of course.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

Mist, trees, night and two parallel light-cones from the headlights of an old Mercedes tracking a winding road. Lots and lots of Douglas Firs, so many that you could almost smell them from your screen. Then slowly from the darkness the camera zooms into the car and reveals that Cooper occupies the driver seat and next to him sits a blonde. Later we learn that her name is Diane ... Is this a return, are they on the run, is it a kidnap maybe?
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

I also think some kind of long, winding road. In the dark, of course.
Pölkkyrouva
Roadhouse Member

Post by Pölkkyrouva »

I really liked the idea someone else on this forum (I don't remember who) brought up in another topic: it would be wonderful to open this show with a new Log Lady intro. This would be the one and only Log Lady introduction we get, because the new series is considered as a one long movie vs. the old series consisting of 29/30 episodes. This could also serve as a farewell to that beloved character and actor.

Something like: "Hello again. And welcome to Twin Peaks. My name is Margaret Lanterman. I live in Twin Peaks. There was a time when I was also known as the Log Lady. Time. Is time really comprehendable to humans? Is there always a start and an end? Some say Laura Palmer's life ended on February 24th 1989. Was it merely the end or the beginning of something greater?

Open your senses. My log has a messege for you."

[/the end of bad Log Lady fanfic]

This would also be possible because we know late mrs. Coulson's condition when filming. Filming one intro alone with David + skeleton crew wouldn't be too exhausting.

I'd love to see this.
Let a smile be your umbrella. — FBI Regional Bureau Chief Gordon Cole
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I think you may be more right than either of us know.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

I really liked the idea someone else on this forum (I don't remember who) brought up in another topic: it would be wonderful to open this show with a new Log Lady intro.
Yeah, that was me. It does seem like the most plausible way to include her, given her health, timing of her death, etc. As for the first proper scene, I've daydreamed about Laura Palmer's diary turning up at some kind of creepy serial killer memorabilia swap meet, someone seeing "The good Dale is in the Lodge and he can't get out" scribbled in it, and that kicking off the whole thing.
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

The Jumping Man wrote: As for the first proper scene, I've daydreamed about Laura Palmer's diary turning up at some kind of creepy serial killer memorabilia swap meet, someone seeing "The good Dale is in the Lodge and he can't get out" scribbled in it, and that kicking off the whole thing.
I really do wonder how Annie's message in Laura's diary is going to turn up. Leland tore up/destroyed pages, and the police found the secret diary in Harold's possession. Where is the page saying that "the good Dale is in the Lodge"? Maybe Harold mailed it to someone, maybe a Judy. Maybe Sara found a crumpled up page of it, and it ended up being the backside of a grocery list.
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

I could almost see this starting, a la FWWM, somewhere outside Twin Peaks with characters we haven't seen before. Just when we're collectively about to scream 'What has this got to do with Twin Peaks?!?' at our sets, *those* notes kick in and we're off...
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Panapaok wrote:A recreation of Cooper's dream would be amazing, if MJA wasn't an asshole. They could always use the original one, of course.
personally i think it's a blessing in disguise that MJA and BOB can't appear in the shape of their original actors for this new series.. aging Lodge inhabitants would just be wrong for me.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

claaa7 wrote:
Panapaok wrote:A recreation of Cooper's dream would be amazing, if MJA wasn't an asshole. They could always use the original one, of course.
personally i think it's a blessing in disguise that MJA and BOB can't appear in the shape of their original actors for this new series.. aging Lodge inhabitants would just be wrong for me.
The Giant and the Jumping Man would like a word!
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

laughingpinecone wrote:
claaa7 wrote:
The Giant and the Jumping Man would like a word!
Not to mention Laura and her dear departed daddy as well!
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

remember that we do not know anything about the plot yet..
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I think the opening will be tailored to suit new viewers, so it won't reference the old series at all. That means I can't predict at all what it is!

A possible starting plot would be a manhunt for a vicious killer who turns out to be bad Coop, meaning that the series would start nowhere near Twin Peaks. Then it slowly winds back to Twin Peaks.

It will be hilarious reading this thread after we've seen the first episode :-D