'Peek A Boo' Twin Peaks Parody

Discussion of Twin Peaks and Fire Walk With Me

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
Wood

'Peek A Boo' Twin Peaks Parody

Postby Wood » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:41 am

I finally uploaded the 'Peek A Boo' parody from the 1990 special "AFI Presents: TV Or Not TV?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXiLhxfnkKw

It features Michael McKean, Alyssa Milano and Jay Thomas.

I like all the little touches, which are unfortunately sometimes hard to see due to the poor video quality.

* Dead parrot
* Fish in the coffee
* Strobe/Flashing lights
* A Ring
* 3D glasses
* Character hearing the theme music (In the first few episodes, Ben Horne interrupts Audrey's music by hitting stop on the stereo... which gave me a little jump since I'd assumed the characters couldn't hear the music. Google tells me this is a transition between nondiegetic music/diegetic music)
* The obvious ones: log/drapes/eyepatch/tape recorder/dwarf
* The cliffhanger!

Enjoy!

-Steve

Return to “Twin Peaks”