Confess your Twin Peaks sins

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Re: Confess your Twin Peaks sins

Post by MoondogJR »

Oh, and despite all his shenanigans, I'm sad Michael J. Anderson is not returning.
"Your log and I are on the same page."
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

A whole lot of acting in TP is pretty bad.

I am extremely biased when it comes to anything to do with TP. I love it no matter how bad it is.

Most fan theories are super silly.

Audrey is not really Coop's type.

Laura Palmer was super sexy, I wouldn't have minded.....
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

I allowed BOB to come inside me in a dream. Please don't get me wrong here.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

breathing... counting to ten... breathing... won't post any anti Audrey rebuttal, won't post any anti Audrey rebuttal. Okay, counting to one hundred.

(oh, it's tough.)
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Audrey Horne wrote:breathing... counting to ten... breathing... won't post any anti Audrey rebuttal, won't post any anti Audrey rebuttal. Okay, counting to one hundred.

(oh, it's tough.)
Haha, thanks for not doing it! :)

It's all a matter of taste, I suppose. I personally don't like all the James haters, but who am I to judge? ;)
Cadien

Post by Cadien »

LaurenceBranagh wrote:Fire Walk With Me is one flaw away from being a masterpiece, and that flaw is, in my opinion, gratuitous nudity.
I agree about the nudity: after watching the TV series it was shocking for me to see Laura in the nude . . . and I felt so sorry for her. I even felt sorry for Sheryl Lee for doing those scenes. Maybe because I have a terrible crush on both of them! It's like seeing someone you care about do something extremely destructive. I suppose one could argue that just makes the scenes in question all the more powerful, because I just feel sick about them afterwards. (I'm not a prude, by the way -- it's just in this instance I don't like the nudity.)

Also, Audrey is one of my favorite characters -- but, then, I have a crush on her, too. That scene in which she disrupts the Scandinavian investors meetings is just classic.
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

Count me in on the 'Audrey's a bore' team.
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

A sin that I think has already been posted. Aside from Dark Mood Woods, Falling and maybe some other tunes, Badalamenti's score is cheesy as hell.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Audrey Horne wrote:breathing... counting to ten... breathing... won't post any anti Audrey rebuttal, won't post any anti Audrey rebuttal. Okay, counting to one hundred.

(oh, it's tough.)
Sorry :) Still really like her character!!
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Soolsma wrote:Most fan theories are super silly.
Yeah, the whole theory that Chet is actually a "dream version" of Cooper, ugh.
Soolsma wrote:Audrey is not really Coop's type.
Right? You can see Audrey is madly in love with him but I really can't see him looking at her the same way. The only time I saw some kind of interest in Coop's eyes was the first time he saw her in ep 1 (...are freshly squeezed...). I feel that once he got to know her he realized she was a very sweet girl who needed an older guy paying attention to her more than anything else.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Major Briggs wrote:A sin that I think has already been posted. Aside from Dark Mood Woods, Falling and maybe some other tunes, Badalamenti's score is cheesy as hell.
I HATE "Americana" and "Mr. Snooty" lol
comeongethappy

Post by comeongethappy »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Major Briggs wrote:A sin that I think has already been posted. Aside from Dark Mood Woods, Falling and maybe some other tunes, Badalamenti's score is cheesy as hell.
I HATE "Americana" and "Mr. Snooty" lol
Most scenes feauturing "Americana" are subpar, which clouds my opinion somewhat, so I'd agree. I do quite like "Mister Snooty" though, which again is probably helped by its use in the scene where Leland dances with Donna.

Badalamenti is obviously cheesy, but he's really good at it and it fits with the tone of the show.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

you're all doing this to hurt me, right?
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
guest315
Roadhouse Member

Post by guest315 »

Last edited by guest315 on Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

- I have pranced around in excitement in the lay-by where they post the Twin Peaks sign near Snoqualmie in the opening credits
- I thought the cherry pie served in Twedes tasted awful
- I have done the Ronette walk over the railway bridge
- I cannot abide the Windom Earle character
- I think that casting Moira Kelly in FWWM was a massive mistake
- I've never minded the Donna character in TP - I actually think LFB was really good in the role
- I have a crush on DKL (probably the hair and mental genius/creative artist thing)
- I was very disappointed in FWWM when it came out. I've grown to appreciate it more as I've gotten older but I'd choose TP over it any day.
- I always cry at the last scene in FWWM, without fail
- The World Spins scene in TP always makes me cry too
- I'm allergic to coffee so will never know the true meaning of coffee that is damn fine
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...