VIDEO: A Dreamlike Vision of a Twin Peaks Episode #30 That Never Was

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jasper
Bookhouse Member

VIDEO: A Dreamlike Vision of a Twin Peaks Episode #30 That Never Was

Post by Jasper »

Dear forum friends, for maximum enjoyment watch this video in the still of the night, in pitch darkness, in full screen mode. For obvious reasons please refrain from watching this on your f%*#ing telephone.

Many thanks to LostInTheMovies and Ross for deciding which cut should be published.

The music is "Music for Twin Peaks Episode #30 Part I" by Stars of the Lid, from the 1997 album, The Ballasted Orchestra.

If you enjoy this video, feel free to spread it around on social media. I’d like people to enjoy it before The Return on Sunday.
Last edited by Jasper on Sat May 20, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Re: VIDEO: A Dreamlike Vision of a Twin Peaks Episode #30 That Never Was

Post by secretlettermkr »

:shock: BEAUTYFULL!!!! THANKS! :D

I SHARED THE VIDEO HERE:
https://picosgemelos.tumblr.com/post/16 ... eaks-as-if
Fire-blog-with-me
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fire-blog-with-me »

This was a really well done video. It felt like a tone poem.

I run a Twin Peaks tumblr and I would love to share it on there. Before proceeding, I just wanted to let you know/ask permission and also ask how you would like to be credited (if there's any specific way you'd prefer)?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Very nicely done. Great job.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

secretlettermkr wrote::shock: BEAUTYFULL!!!! THANKS! :D

I SHARED THE VIDEO HERE:
https://picosgemelos.tumblr.com/post/16 ... eaks-as-if
Thanks, greatly appreciated!
Fire-blog-with-me wrote:This was a really well done video. It felt like a tone poem.

I run a Twin Peaks tumblr and I would love to share it on there. Before proceeding, I just wanted to let you know/ask permission and also ask how you would like to be credited (if there's any specific way you'd prefer)?
Thank you, tone poem is definitely the idea. I'd be very happy if you shared it. I don't really need to be credited as anyone other than a fan.
Ross wrote:Very nicely done. Great job.
Thanks, Ross.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Sorry I didn't look at this sooner, Jasper - I've been on a series of unexpected rush deadlines for the past 4 days. Didn't mean to let you down.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Just a heads up to anyone who shared this, the original link is now dead because there was a glitch with the mix down and the video ended up with a nasty flash of black screen near the end which was too jarring for me to ignore. :? The old link has been switched out with a new one in my first post.
N. Needleman wrote:Sorry I didn't look at this sooner, Jasper - I've been on a series of unexpected rush deadlines for the past 4 days. Didn't mean to let you down.
It's OK, I've been busy too. I wanted to have this video out about two weeks ago! (The upside is that they probably won't have time to do a copyright takedown before the premiere.)
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Well done!

It's just that I'm still missing the exact point somehow - what was your intention...?
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

dronerstone wrote:Well done!

It's just that I'm still missing the exact point somehow - what was your intention...?
As was mentioned, it’s like a tone poem. I had a vision of Cooper endlessly wandering the red-draped corridor and rooms of the lodge, especially when I’d hear that track. It’s a beautiful, sad vision and mood, and it was my consolation when it seemed that Twin Peaks would never return. When the Missing Pieces came out I was able to find a way to combine that vision with a glimpse into what a 1990s episode #30 might have looked and felt like, which after all was the compositional aim of the music I used in the video.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Nice job!
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
gavin

Post by gavin »

That was freaking amazing. Definitely not what I was expecting. It's very obvious that a lot of hard work went into this. Well done man
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Soolsma wrote:Nice job!
Thank you kindly.
gavin wrote:That was freaking amazing. Definitely not what I was expecting. It's very obvious that a lot of hard work went into this. Well done man
Thanks very much. I think it's definitely a deceptively complex assemblage. It was a hobby and labor of love over a long period of time during which it slowly evolved through a number of permutations until it reached this final form. I really love it, so I 'm glad I could share it, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Mace
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mace »

Wonderful piece of work. Beautifully composed. Thanks fo sharing this Jasper.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Mace wrote:Wonderful piece of work. Beautifully composed. Thanks fo sharing this Jasper.
You're very welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

That was very cool! Great job, thanks for sharing!
"Your log and I are on the same page."