The California Locations

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

charles
RR Diner Member

The California Locations

Post by charles »

Hi everyone! This is Charles from Brooklyn, NY. This is my first time posting here so firstly, I wanted to introduce myself and say hello. Hello. ...and to say how much I've enjoyed reading all the posts here.

Secondly, I'd like to ask for your help. What I'm after are any bits of information that may help me to locate some of the California locations. Last year, I created a website dedicated to the Twin Peaks filming locations called InTwinPeaks.com, some of you may have seen it already... if you have, I hope you liked it. At any rate, thus far, I've concentrated solely on the Washington locations, but I'm now very interested in going out to photograph the California ones in an effort to complete the project (and, admittedly, to immerse myself even deeper into the world of Twin Peaks). I've located a few and am aware of the general area where they're concentrated, i.e., Agoura Hills, Malibou Lake, Malibu Creek State Park, etc... but I'm at a loss as to any of the specifics. This is where I'm hoping any of you can help.

If you've got any tips, any at all, I'd be so appreciative if you'd share them with me.

Sincerely,
Charles
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I would just like to urge everyboby to visit Charles' web site www.intwinpeaks.com It's simply an amazing site!
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

Jerry Horne wrote:I would just like to urge everyboby to visit Charles' web site www.intwinpeaks.com It's simply an amazing site!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!! Wow, it's so great to hear that 'it really is. You've made my day.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Holy cow! Charles has TWO great sites: www.intwinpeaks.com and www.moreintwinpeaks.com The second of these sites has five huge pages! Charles, if you can do to the California locations what you did with the Washington locations there is no doubt in my mind that this is THE best Twin Peaks locations resource on the internet. Are you going to put everything on one site eventually?

P.S. No. Thank you!!!
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

Jerry Horne wrote:Holy cow! Charles has TWO great sites: www.intwinpeaks.com and www.moreintwinpeaks.com The second of these sites has five huge pages! Charles, if you can do to the California locations what you did with the Washington locations there is no doubt in my mind that this is THE best Twin Peaks locations resource on the internet. Are you going to put everything on one site eventually?

P.S. No. Thank you!!!
No, thank YOU! Yes, I do hope to one day put it all on one integrative site. Time will tell... I'll probably pull it all together after I get the California locations, which will be sometime around the beginning of next year 'if all goes well.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

You already know this i'm sure but i thought i heard that the Horne's dept store location is in Seattle.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

WOW BOB WOW!!! Charles, those are amazing! Welcome to the board; we have an introductions thread if you want to write more, but all anybody has to do is go to your websites. Are you a professional photographer? Do I need to say I'm VERY impressed?!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

Annie wrote:WOW BOB WOW!!! Charles, those are amazing! Welcome to the board; we have an introductions thread if you want to write more, but all anybody has to do is go to your websites. Are you a professional photographer? Do I need to say I'm VERY impressed?!
Thank you SO, SO much! Well, while I'm not a professional in the sense that I get paid for my photographs (ha ha ha), I have been a practicing photographer for many years.

Thanks for the info on the introduction thread...I'll check it out.
grrlskout
Roadhouse Member

Post by grrlskout »

Hey, Charles!

GREAT site!!!!! I posted a link to it in my LiveJournal community.

btw, I have some shots of the Brigg's residence AND the Town Meeting Hall if you'd like them.
sarah

Post by sarah »

Charles--
your website is awesome...I've hunted down a few of the locations, but what you have done is amazing--especially finding the branch that the bird is on!
Brad D
Global Moderator

Re: The California Locations

Post by Brad D »

rather than make a new topic, i will make my plea here....if anyone knows how to get to jacques' cabin and can give mespecific directions i will offer a reward. first come, first serve. i'm heading to LA this weekend and would rather not come home without seeing this specific location. this offer is good through Sunday, May 24th. hate to grovel but i'm a desperate man here....