Twin Peaks moments / phenomena in your real life?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

StrangerDanger
RR Diner Member

Twin Peaks moments / phenomena in your real life?

Post by StrangerDanger »

I'm wondering how Twin Peaks (all series and FWWM) relates to your real life?

[I guess the relevance to real life helps give it cult status.]

For example:
- Do you have dreams that are quite Lynchian
- Have you experienced peculiar sounds and scenes from the movie, in real life?

Feel free to also mention other Lynch productions that you can uncannily relate to as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Example:
- A young lady with schizophrenia kept bullying me once, organising her friends to help her. She later apologised and confessed that it felt like l was stuck in a space surrounded by a highway roundabout and she and her friends were zooming around me via this roundabout. It reminded me of Laura's transformation while mesmerised by the spinning electric fan in her house.
leeeET's ROCK!
[ I've permanently left the forum ... Dugpa is a dodgy name, plus l'm too busy. Keep the :?: :idea: ]
OrsonWelles
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks moments / phenomena in your real life?

Post by OrsonWelles »

I actually dreamt about the first two episodes after watching them. They were quite overwhelming
The Marquis
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Marquis »

I don't exactly have Lynchian dreams, but my dreams are very vivid and often feature the type of humor found in Lynch's films, full on absurdity.

However, there is this spot I used to hang out that was so Lynchian it was amazing and I used to have conversation with others about it. It's no longer in the same set up as it was when this was true, but the location is a famous Portland, Oregon landmark... unfortunately nearly all of the things that made it Lynchian have been removed... in favor of barricades for a line... Lame.
StrangerDanger
RR Diner Member

Post by StrangerDanger »

About a decade ago, l had a dream where l was talking with a loved one, and she suddenly split apart like she had been a paper cut-out, and through the tear shone this blinding white light.

Reminds me of .... (can't say, no spoilers) (l think the spoilers rule should exclude shows that have already aired).

Btw what l said about the roundabout in the OP ... that was the other girl's words, not mine. I doubt she'd ever seen FWWM, she was probably born the year it was released and she wasn't the type anyhow.
leeeET's ROCK!
[ I've permanently left the forum ... Dugpa is a dodgy name, plus l'm too busy. Keep the :?: :idea: ]