Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by krishnanspace »

Lynch remastering the Season 2 soundtrack seems like he is still not ready to leave the world of Twin Peaks!
Also does any remember this?
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

Post by Phillip Jeffries_40 »

krishnanspace wrote:Lynch remastering the Season 2 soundtrack seems like he is still not ready to leave the world of Twin Peaks!
Also does any remember this?
I remember, but It was a stupid joke.
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

I Wait David Lynch and Mark Frost say something about the future of the series this year. We shouldn,t are waiting until 2020 for news of their future.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

This may be for Twin Peaks, a new TV-project, a new film, a short movie, or simply nothing at all. According to New York Times Magazine released today (May 7th), in an article/interview on Laura Dern, she is offered a role for a coming Lynch project (and he wants her to shave her head for it!).
Lynch calls Dern “99 percent fearless.” (The other percent involves his wish that she would shave her head for a part he has in mind; she hasn’t yet agreed.)
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/07/maga ... women.html
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

bob_wooler wrote:This may be for Twin Peaks, a new TV-project, a new film, a short movie, or simply nothing at all. According to New York Times Magazine released today (May 7th), in an article/interview on Laura Dern, she is offered a role for a coming Lynch project (and he wants her to shave her head for it!).
Lynch calls Dern “99 percent fearless.” (The other percent involves his wish that she would shave her head for a part he has in mind; she hasn’t yet agreed.)
Hmmmmm....
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jacob
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jacob »

bob_wooler wrote:This may be for Twin Peaks, a new TV-project, a new film, a short movie, or simply nothing at all. According to New York Times Magazine released today (May 7th), in an article/interview on Laura Dern, she is offered a role for a coming Lynch project (and he wants her to shave her head for it!).
It's season 4 and she's gonna play Mother in a bunch of scenes behind the vortex 8)
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

About the Laura Dern 99% Fearless quote...

I seem to remember in the Jason S. behind-the-scenes documentary of season 3... when Laura Dern is wrapping her final scene in the Red Room (the one with dough on her face?) she tells the crew, "As you can see, I'll do anything for this man" and Lynch quickly interrupts and says, "ALMOST anything!" and she kind of smiles like she knows what he's referring to.

Makes me think maybe this shaved-head role is something that had been mentioned to her before. Maybe it's for that unproduced Antelope Don't Run No More script?
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

I could actually see that as being a facet/feature of the Diane character -- she was very obviously wearing a wig, both as a tulpa and her "real"-ish self.

I'm sure at some point in the narrative it could've fallen off for some level of dramatic effect, maybe right before tulpa Diane meets her demise, or during Cooper and Diane's creepy sex scene in ep. 18. Or it could have been something similar to Isabella Rossellini randomly yanking her wig off in Blue Velvet, which felt like a non-sequitur almost.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Esselgee wrote:Kyle may have a new long term gig on a sitcom: https://deadline.com/2019/03/carols-sec ... 202570890/

It's only a pilot at this point but it probably has a good chance of getting picked up since it stars Patricia Heaton. Kyle's character is "Dr. Frost", ha!
Kyle's sitcom has been picked up by CBS. So he'll be busy for a while at least.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/cbs-orders ... 202611317/
CAROL’S SECOND ACT (Multi-Camera)

EPs/Writers: Emily Halpern and Sarah Haskins
EPs: Patricia Heaton, Adam Griffin, David Hunt and Rebecca Stay (Four Boys Entertainment); Aaron Kaplan and Dana Honor (Kapital Entertainment)
EP/Director: Pamela Fryman (pilot only)
STUDIO: CBS Television Studios
LOGLINE: After raising her two children and retiring from teaching, Carol Chambers embarks on a unique second act: pursuing her dream of becoming a doctor.
CAST: Patricia Heaton, Kyle MacLachlan, Ito Aghayere, Jean-Luc Bilodeau, Sabrina Jalees
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

DIdn't Michael J Fox make Back to the Future whilst also working on a sitcom?

Anything can happen! Season 4 please!
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

One Season 4 for me too! Tv is become an idiot box again since The Return. Need to get some dose of Twin Peaks again
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

I Thought that we would know the future of the series this year, but i believe not. It,s too much time waiting.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Miguel Ferrer was committed to NCIS during the making of Season 3. Other actors had other commitments. I'm not particularly worried about Kyle's show. When/if Lynch needs him he'll be there.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

As much as I love Twin Peaks, I'm almost even more eager to see Lynch doing something new entirely. But most of all, I just want him to do something. I really hope he makes a film and/or TV show and there isn't a huge time gap from now till then like between Inland Empire and The Return.
I'll see you in the trees
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

Rainwater wrote:As much as I love Twin Peaks, I'm almost even more eager to see Lynch doing something new entirely. But most of all, I just want him to do something. I really hope he makes a film and/or TV show and there isn't a huge time gap from now till then like between Inland Empire and The Return.
I am hoping in more twin Peaks because Lynch hasn,t closed the story with the Third season, but don,t have news about the future of the series, never is good sign.