Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by N. Needleman »

Anything that could involve Kyle would've had to be extremely quiet. He's been super busy.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Maybe pre production has started?
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Just wanted to pop in for the first time in a couple years to say: "I hope it's true".

Love Peaks, I still think it's the best way for Lynch to hang his 'weirdness' onto something while giving the audiences one foot in the safety of the familiar.

Just, yeah, hope it's true. And if Peaks really is dead and dusted, then, I'll settle for whatever he feels like working on (so long as it's more of a traditional 'thing' than Inland Empire, which I just couldn't get into).
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Or maybe they shot two more hours during the s3 shoot, and kept it a secret since, with NDA's and all?
Or a series of short films, portraying different characters, in the style of Between Two Worlds or the Log Lady videos?
Or a spin-off series?
Or a video game?

If it turns out to be just another Frost book, it would totally break my heart though.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

bob_wooler wrote:Or maybe they shot two more hours during the s3 shoot, and kept it a secret since, with NDA's and all?
Or a series of short films, portraying different characters, in the style of Between Two Worlds or the Log Lady videos?
Or a spin-off series?
Or a video game?

If it turns out to be just another Frost book, it would totally break my heart though.
I'd low key love a Twin Peaks adventure game. Think like in the style of either Until Dawn/Heavy Rain/Detroit or more like the smaller budget Telltale (rip) games.

I wasn't crazy on The Final Dossier (thought Secret History was overlong but at least oozed passion). But, if Frost wanted to do a few more random book things, I'd be happy to step back into the world and keep it alive for a little bit longer. Worst comes to worst, you just forget about their existence anyway when watching the show.

I'd be surprised if there was much of anything that wasn't used in the series itself though, when considering how rushed the production was, the final run length of the series, and the suggestion from I think Frost/Sutherland that there wasn't much leftover. I know we saw a couple glimpses on the BTS of a couple things Lynch experimented with (Giant in the Red Room, a thing with Laura Dern having something in her mouth or on her face in the Red Room .. maybe something else I'm forgetting). Plus, I feel like that'd be something you'd stick on the A-Z boxset if it existed.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Like others, last night's post has brought me back on here after an extended absence. I've still been lurking though.

Don't have much else to say other than I really hope these guys have some legit info and it's not just related to some 30th anniversary cast events. Being in the UK I doubt anything would happen here so it'd have little impact on me.

I wonder if there was anything bubbling away, will this rumour force their hand to get an announcement out soon.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Whoa. This seems convincing.

I sent out some messages to people who might know something. If I hear anything, you peeps will be the first to hear it.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Soolsma wrote:Whoa. This seems convincing.

I sent out some messages to people who might know something. If I hear anything, you peeps will be the first to hear it.
Message me first :).
I just learnt that the Mr Jackpots lady passed away today
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

I don't know... IF this is something real, maybe I can picture it as like the Breaking Bad/El Camino situation.

How long can you expand on an ending? Unless Lynch doesn't have any interest in making a conventional 'ending' at all.

Nonetheless, excited to see whatever this is unfold!
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Was the VR "game" presented at the Lynch Disruption fest developed any further?
Will we finally get to know why Laura Dern needed to shave her head?

The questions keep filling my head.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Trudy Chelgren wrote:How long can you expand on an ending? Unless Lynch doesn't have any interest in making a conventional 'ending' at all.
The main reason he’s always given for loving serialized storytelling is that the world keeps going and going. I think he’s always viewed TP that way, in contrast to his closed-ended films, and that’s one of the joys of that world for him. I don’t think he’ll ever give us a true “ending,” because there’s always the possibility that that world will call out to him again, through the darkness of futures past. :D

I’m skeptical as usual of these unsourced rumors, but the enthusiasm around here is contagious. Lynch has been quieter for the last couple of years than any period in recent memory...very few short films, experiments, commercials, musical projects, art shows...anything! Maybe he’s just recuperating after the massive strain of TP:TR, or spending time with Emily and Lula. But it’s certainly plausible that he’s ramping up to something big.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Just checking in after reading the forum last night and now my hopes are officially up :D .

Even though Season 3’s ending wasn’t a traditional ending and we didn’t really know what happened, it felt like an ending - what better way to end Twin Peaks than with Laura overloading the circuits and knocking out the electricity? Love the idea of some sort of spinoff based on Carrie or Episode 8.

Hope the excitement isn’t for nothing, but I’ll take it.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

As I’ve said before, I always felt S2’s ending was perfect (albeit depressing), and never needed any further closure (even though I know Lynch always said he didn’t intend it as an ending). I feel the same way about S3. The ending of TP:TR is a perfect, albeit dark/nontraditional stopping point, but if L/F have more to say in some corner of the TP universe, I’m so in. I get the sense that any ending L/F give us will always have an element of cliffhanger to it.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Would be a hugh stretch to think they would already have been shooting with a (large) part of the cast and it still being completely under wraps. Maybe 2020 announcement and filming. If any filming has been done, I would have to guess (and hope) it would be with a small cast/crew, e.g. Sheryl Lee and select others.

Any North Bend residents notice anything lately?

Btw. I do sincerely hope Frost would be involved.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

I suppose it's possible that the "in the know" person told them that Lynch and Frost have been writing again, and that they have a deal in place w/Showtime or another outlet, and there will be an announcement in 2020 for something we won't see for a couple years. That's the only way to reconcile the 2020 thing with this actually being about new Twin Peaks whatever directed by David Lynch.

The fact that the Horror Museum account keeps saying they weren't told to keep it a secret but they "don't have a right" to say any more seems very fishy to me. I am not accusing them of fabricating anything, but it's so vague that it could basically be anything and when people are let down they'll simply say, "Well we never said it was anything like that!"