Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by krishnanspace »

Sabrina was on their Podcast and so was Johanna Ray
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Have been reading all of your posts, which is interesting. So far, I have nothing new to add and haven't come across any more social media posts. I think some of them - especially the Sheryl Lee one - didn't mean anything, so now I'm questioning did any of them? Maybe the HHM one and this newest podcast one. Not sure how I feel about any of the other ones now. I do think something is probably up though and I still think the Salish Lodge thing and the Rebekkah Del Rio concert at Laura Palmer's house might warrant more attention than they're getting, though they might not mean anything either.
Last edited by Jonah on Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

sneakydave wrote:I personally think that any announcement was due to come in 2020. Someone has gotten wind that the trees are blowing and now it's out there.
Yup.
I'll see you in the trees
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

I think if we are going to get an announcement in 2019 it would be today October 3, same date as the last time.....but most likely nothing till 2020, maybe even Oct 3rd 2020...gulp!
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

So to summarize, all we have is

1) a tease by a somewhat reputable Twitter account that something big in regards to Twin Peaks is coming in 2020.

2) No one in the TP world has stepped up to quash the rumor.

Everything else, including Michael Horse's post, may mean nothing at all.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Couple of snippets, from reddit:

The screengrab of the afforementioned tweet.

And this comment from u/deadghostalive:

"Someone in the replies to that tweet makes reference to an interview they did with Johanna Ray, who was the casting director for The Return and other Lynch projects. The interesting thing is in the interview she says that all the actors and their agents had to sign NDAs that lasts for ten years and the penalty for breaking the agreement is a one million dollar fine... this can be heard on soundcloud here at about the thirty one minutes and forty one seconds mark: https://soundcloud.com/user-301352257/a ... ohanna-ray

Another interesting thing about that interview was that she mentions that she's begun work on a project that she can't talk about, and the script hasn't even been written yet, the interview was conducted in December of last year. ETA - About the 28 minute mark.

It's also worth noting that Johanna Ray is originally from England." (I'm not sure what that last line means, but the rest is pretty interesting.)
Attachments
ax685noxnaq31.jpg
ax685noxnaq31.jpg (36.14 KiB) Viewed 7317 times
Last edited by Jonah on Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
mickeyfickey
Roadhouse Member

Post by mickeyfickey »

Jonah wrote:Couple of snippets, from reddit:

"Someone in the replies to that tweet makes reference to an interview they did with Johanna Ray, who was the casting director for The Return and other Lynch projects. The interesting thing is in the interview she says that all the actors and their agents had to sign NDAs that lasts for ten years and the penalty for breaking the agreement is a one million dollar fine... this can be heard on soundcloud here at about the thirty one minutes and forty one seconds mark: https://soundcloud.com/user-301352257/a ... ohanna-ray

Another interesting thing about that interview was that she mentions that she's begun work on a project that she can't talk about, and the script hasn't even been written yet, the interview was conducted in December of last year.

It's also worth noting that Johanna Ray is originally from England." (I'm not sure what that last line means, but the rest is pretty interesting.)
The England part is significant because of how "rumour" is spelled in the quote. That's the non-american way of spelling it.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

I consider this to be the first new credible rumour, one that finally isn't sourced from that original Hollywood tweet. Assuming these people are credible as well.

I try not to read into social media stuff too much (as in Horse tweeting a Peaks image) just because there's so much ambiguity. Or hell, I'm reminded of years of Bruce Campbell/Sam Raimi saying "Oh yeah, we're working on a script for Evil Dead 4 right now", "Yeah, it's the next thing we're doing" followed by "What, we never said we were working on it!" sort of thing. The only thing of note, to me, is the lack of explicit denials from the production heads (as well as Showtime, of whom might want to deny for a few reasons, particularly if they're not the ones airing whatever it may be).
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I ended up listening to the podcast interview with Johanna Ray (it was really interesting to listen to). For the purpose of this discussion, the most illuminating tidbits occur at about the 28 minute mark - and then again at the 31 minute 40 second mark, as noted above.

If the cast is under a $1 million NDA for 10 years, no wonder they can't come out and say anything on social media. But it surprises me that they're tweeting/retweeting ANYTHING TP-related IF there is something brewing. I think I'd be too afraid to say anything that could even remotely be construed as hinting!
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

mickeyfickey wrote:
Jonah wrote:Couple of snippets, from reddit:

Another interesting thing about that interview was that she mentions that she's begun work on a project that she can't talk about, and the script hasn't even been written yet, the interview was conducted in December of last year.

The England part is significant because of how "rumour" is spelled in the quote. That's the non-american way of spelling it.
Andy is Australian, however. That's how he would spell it. :D
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

yeah it's called proper English, only Americans spell it incorrectly ;)
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

Is it possible that IF this is indeed more Twin Peaks, It'll be part of the new Apple streaming service?
Lots of Apple in The Return...
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Assuming it is Ray, and assuming she wasn't just being cheeky with the wink emoji...and I acknowledge those are definitely assumptions...then an announcement in 2020 seems quite possible, with production also starting sometime next year.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

The only credit Johanna has this year outwith The Happy Worker, which she speaks about in the podcast, is something called The Roommates. This is billed as a 15 minute comedy on the IMDB.

I guess the mystery project she referenced in the podcast could have been that?
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

mtwentz wrote:So to summarize, all we have is

1) a tease by a somewhat reputable Twitter account that something big in regards to Twin Peaks is coming in 2020.

2) No one in the TP world has stepped up to quash the rumor.

Everything else, including Michael Horse's post, may mean nothing at all.
Pretty much.

But...I tend to think that Horse's instagram is relevant. I can't recall anything specific right now, but I remember that Horse was utilized in the name of some similar promotion here and there during The Return. While he wouldn't necessarily be the first to know anything, I do believe he is a good natured guy that is in the circle of trust, and is very happy with Lynch/Frost as well, and would have had their blessing to post/re-post that "secretive" still. (I also think that Kyle's tweet is way too specific to not be a pointed tease: he practically talks about suiting up, which just seems like far too much of a coincidence while rumors are swirling.)

That said, what I think is the best giveaway that something is coming is the reminder of the NDAs they signed. I'm not up on that side of the business, but isn't 10 years pretty extreme? What would be the purpose of such an extended NDA if not to protect against the possibility of leaking information about a future season, which is at least proof that Lynch/Frost were always considering the possibility?