Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
User avatar
Jonah
Posts: 1006
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Jonah » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:33 am

mtwentz wrote:No, Jonah, don't stop. It's great to have you back on these boards, stimulating discussions and debates!

Thanks mtwentz. That's nice to hear!
User avatar
TwinsPeak
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:13 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby TwinsPeak » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:16 am

BGate wrote:Dude, just stop. If you wanna say it's him subtly winking to people, okay, I don't buy it but that's fine. But to say that it's "confirmation" of a new season? Confirmation is a press release, not an offhand joke on twitter about the show he's famous for that he's probably tweeted about eight million times in the past two years.


Jonah please continue what you do, it saves me a lot of time looking for clues having you on the case.


BGate...while I agree that the Frost tweet looks like it means nothing. I don't agree with your rude attitude.


#Jonahdon'tstop
User avatar
Jonah
Posts: 1006
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Jonah » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:22 am

Jonah wrote:
TwinsPeak wrote:
Jonah please continue what you do, it saves me a lot of time looking for clues having you on the case.

#Jonahdon'tstop

Thanks, TwinsPeak!
I'm actually trying not to post every little clue I see, though I can understand how it may look like I jump on things that aren't clues and read too much into them. But really I don't post everything I find or see. And that Frost tweet still looks like something to me. I mean, if the rumours weren't a thing, then it probably wouldn't. But looking at it within the context of the rumours, that Frost is certainly aware of and were spreading like wildfire across social media a week back (to the point that a GOT actress was tweeting "More Twin Peaks please" and places like Indiewire and AVClub were posting articles about it), for Frost not to shoot down the rumours and then to tweet something like this, or the "time flies in these old woods" yesterday, or retweeting Kyle's TP location post. And several more tweets I can't remember now, when he knows fans will interperet these things as meaning more, I think that's quite telling. And he doesn't strike me as someone to stir the pot unless there is something in the pot or the possibility that something will be in the pot! Either way, I definitely initially read it as him confirming or heavily winking at the rumours. On reflection, I wasn't entirely sure (and that's probably the point of a post like this - it can seem innocent or hinting), and still am not. But I got quite excited when I first saw it!
User avatar
TwinsPeak
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:13 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby TwinsPeak » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:27 am

Jonah wrote:
Jonah wrote:
TwinsPeak wrote:
Jonah please continue what you do, it saves me a lot of time looking for clues having you on the case.

#Jonahdon'tstop

Thanks, TwinsPeak!
I'm actually trying not to post every little clue I see, though I can understand how it may look like I jump on things that aren't clues and read too much into them. But really I don't post everything I find or see. And that Frost tweet still looks like something to me. I mean, if the rumours weren't a thing, then it probably wouldn't. But looking at it within the context of the rumours, that Frost is certainly aware of and were spreading like wildfire across social media a week back (to the point that a GOT actress was tweeting "More Twin Peaks please" and places like Indiewire and AVClub were posting articles about it), for Frost not to shoot down the rumours and then to tweet something like this, or the "time flies in these old woods" yesterday, or retweeting Kyle's TP location post. And several more tweets I can't remember now, when he knows fans will interperet these things as meaning more, I think that's quite telling. And he doesn't strike me as someone to stir the pot unless there is something in the pot or the possibility that something will be in the pot! Either way, I definitely initially read it as him confirming or heavily winking at the rumours. On reflection, I wasn't entirely sure (and that's probably the point of a post like this - it can seem innocent or hinting), and still am not. But I got quite excited when I first saw it!




It is what it seems.....
User avatar
Jonah
Posts: 1006
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Jonah » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:08 am

Looking on Twitter, it seems quite a few people have jumped to the same conclusion, responding to Frost's owl tweet with Season 4 questions and "it is happening again" TP posts.

I don't think we're going to get much more now in the way of tongue-in-cheek social media posts until an official announcement (if there's one/if anything is even happening).
User avatar
TheGum
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 9:26 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby TheGum » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:40 am

I’ve been lurking for a few weeks now, haven’t really posted since the Return was airing, but I did want to throw my 2 cents in the ring...

*Noting here that I AM a cockeyed optimist*

The initial rumor got me excited, the cast tweets and other odd coincidences put me in a fever pitch, and this forum tempered my expectations a good deal. Having said that- Frost’s owl tweet makes me extremely confident that something is definitely afoot. I don’t believe we will get any announcement until 2020, I think the February prediction holds water, but something definitely seems to be in the works. It IS what it seems.
I'm back in style!
mickeyfickey
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:03 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby mickeyfickey » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:31 am

I still maintain that the biggest indicator there's something in the works is what's NOT being said. There is absolutely no way that Sutherland, Showtime, Lynch and Frost aren't aware of the buzz that's been built. Yet all of them are staying completely radio silent. Not a peep.
User avatar
TheGum
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 9:26 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby TheGum » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:35 am

The fact that it hasn’t been immediately shut down by ANYONE is extremely heartening.
I'm back in style!
User avatar
Jonah
Posts: 1006
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Jonah » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:36 am

Well, Kimmy Robertson did shut it down. But that may not count. Certainly, Showtime, Sutherland, Lynch/Frost, etc. haven't. And I still maintain Frost's tweets are tongue-in-cheek hints. Maybe not all of them, but some of them.
BGate
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:15 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby BGate » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:45 am

Jonah wrote:Second of all, I never said it was confirmation of a new season. I said at first glance it seemed to me that this was Frost confirming the rumours.



The rumors of what? A new season. Give me a break with the semantics. It's one of the silliest things said since this all started a month ago, and there's a lot of competition for that title. Nothing personal, that's just how it seemed to me at first glance.
User avatar
Jonah
Posts: 1006
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Jonah » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:00 am

:roll:

Tweet from Kyle. This is clearly indicative of a Season 4 announcement being imminent.

Not only the giant doughnut and the coffee cup, but the word FROSTY on the cup is a comment on Mark Frost!

I jest. But I do like the tweet.

:lol:
Attachments
tweet.png
tweet.png (344.47 KiB) Viewed 419 times
Last edited by Jonah on Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
bob_wooler
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 2:00 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby bob_wooler » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:13 am

mickeyfickey wrote:I still maintain that the biggest indicator there's something in the works is what's NOT being said. There is absolutely no way that Sutherland, Showtime, Lynch and Frost aren't aware of the buzz that's been built. Yet all of them are staying completely radio silent. Not a peep.

Jonah wrote: Well, Kimmy Robertson did shut it down. But that may not count. Certainly, Showtime, Sutherland, Lynch/Frost, etc. haven't. And I still maintain Frost's tweets are tongue-in-cheek hints. Maybe not all of them, but some of them.

What Kimmy said about this back then isn't interesting. Last time 99% of the cast didn't know anything before we did. Instinctively the silence from the inner circle gives me great hope that something big is indeed gonna happen. The only thing that bugs me tho is the annoying notion that the silence is due to create a buzz before the dvd/blu-ray releases, in a naive belief that it will increase sales (an "all promotion is good promotion" kind of thing).
That Kimmy eventually deleted her comments and replaced them with a "no comment", could also be because someone whispered to her about this "buzz-scheme". Am I only paranoid here?
User avatar
Jonah
Posts: 1006
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Jonah » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:16 am

I'm not sure what that means or why Kimmy commented. Speaking of the DVDS, though, one thing that does concern me a little (in addition to Kimmy's comments) is why they're calling the big set "Z-A". They removed the word "Complete" from the other set, but they're leaving this one be, and this is one Lynch himself has personally promoted on Twitter. Sure, it's not A - Z, but it still does sound pretty complete.
User avatar
bob_wooler
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 2:00 am

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby bob_wooler » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:22 am

Maybe the forthcoming box set is a travel back to the real beginning, the beginning that starts with season 4 :lol:
User avatar
Rudagger
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:29 pm

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Rudagger » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:54 pm

Jonah wrote:I'm not sure what that means or why Kimmy commented. Speaking of the DVDS, though, one thing that does concern me a little (in addition to Kimmy's comments) is why they're calling the big set "Z-A". They removed the word "Complete" from the other set, but they're leaving this one be, and this is one Lynch himself has personally promoted on Twitter. Sure, it's not A - Z, but it still does sound pretty complete.


'The Entire Mystery' sounded pretty complete too, and yet that's sitting next to a Twin Peaks Season 3 Blu-ray set on my shelf.

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 18 guests