Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by LateReg »

Jonah wrote:
Also, they reported on this before the HHM right? Did their report just come out of nowhere or was it based on the Salish Lodge post or Lynch's tweet or just came out of nowhere? Interesting if that's the case.
HHM was first, but they were the first to publish an article, in which they cited "sources." Those sources also got Ghostbusters right, so I guess they're hit or miss.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Jasper wrote:The big impasto paintings are some of my favorite Lynch things, so I’m really happy that he’s been at that. One interesting thing in the show is the repeated appearance of a character named Billy.
I wouldn't put too much literal stock into the shared name. There's also a recurring reference to a "Bob" in many of his paintings.

And yeah, his impastos are my favorite of his paintings. I was never really into anything he did until those, which was somewhere in the mid-00s (for instance nothing much I like in his book 'Images') but I really feel like he came into a style of his own with these, and I like almost all of 'em. He's referred to them as "sort of maybe like comics" and I think that's true, and that it shows he works best, even in paintings, when there's at least a loose/abstract narrative thread. Or at least that that's what he's ultimately drawn toward.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Saw a lot of photos and videos on Instagram. Lynch looks healthy in those. Sabrina was also with him
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

AXX°N N. wrote:
Jasper wrote:The big impasto paintings are some of my favorite Lynch things, so I’m really happy that he’s been at that. One interesting thing in the show is the repeated appearance of a character named Billy.
I wouldn't put too much literal stock into the shared name. There's also a recurring reference to a "Bob" in many of his paintings.
I very much agree, but it's interesting that certain names are always floating around in his mind. Frank, Diane, Billy, etc. This Billy's head floats off like a creepy old Mickey Mouse toy, and he seems to have decapitated a cat or a racoon or something. It reminds me of the head that floats off from the woodsman in the jail cell, which I think has some connection to the missing Briggs head, not that any of this is necessarily related in meaning. I'm making an effort to remain at least somewhat on topic.
tylergfoster

Post by tylergfoster »

LateReg wrote:
Jonah wrote:
Also, they reported on this before the HHM right? Did their report just come out of nowhere or was it based on the Salish Lodge post or Lynch's tweet or just came out of nowhere? Interesting if that's the case.
HHM was first, but they were the first to publish an article, in which they cited "sources." Those sources also got Ghostbusters right, so I guess they're hit or miss.
This is kinda their gambit.

One of the only things in the world I'm a bigger fan of than "Twin Peaks" is Ghostbusters (I actually just hopped over here from my Ghostbusters forum!), and their so-called plot and character details for the upcoming movie aren't even correct. If you actually click through to the piece from the "Peaks" one, you'll see that their character breakdown says the two young kids "meet." However, the only official details the studio has since provided are that Carrie Coon, Finn Wolfhard, and Mckenna Grace are a family, the latter two being the two kids. Obviously, two family members are not going to meet in the film, not to mention, the younger cast is rounded out by two others that are conspicuously absent from WGTC's breakdown, played by Logan Kim and Celeste O'Connor. Since people don't reread the original story and see that it doesn't align with the stuff we know now, the link looks like it adds to the site's credibility.

Another recent Ghostbusters piece from WGTC also repeats the embarrassingly dumb internet rumor that Bill Murray was sued to appear in Ghostbusters (2016), which is something that comes from the Sony leaks but falls apart if you know how to...read a calendar (the email they're citing is from 2013, the same leaks prove that Feig pitched a reboot for the very first time an entire year later).

The "Twin Peaks" thing stinks of the same setup. They got arrogant and mentioned two seasons, I believe. They are no doubt hedging their bets on the series returning, and then they'll link to that article and say they were one of the first to report on the show being renewed without mentioning half of what they wrote was BS.

The real question is what their track record would look like the other way around: dig up every rumor article and find out how many were debunked rather than let them wave a few vaguely true stories in front of their readers every time they report on a wild rumor.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

tylergfoster wrote: The "Twin Peaks" thing stinks of the same setup. They got arrogant and mentioned two seasons, I believe.
That wasn't them. I will not mention the source of that particular rumour since that alone would be unearned publicity :-)
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

I swear it's like some people have never been on the internet before. If you don't think that site is transparent clickbait garbage after looking at it for five seconds I don't what to tell you. Just the idea that they have a single source who has inside info about Ghostbusters AND Twin Peaks is so laughable to begin with. I assure you if people in the industry not directly tied to Twin Peaks knew about new TP content forthcoming it would have been reported by a reputable outlet by now. The HHM thing is different because the implication is that their "source" is someone in the TP world.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

BGate wrote:I swear it's like some people have never been on the internet before. If you don't think that site is transparent clickbait garbage after looking at it for five seconds I don't what to tell you. Just the idea that they have a single source who has inside info about Ghostbusters AND Twin Peaks is so laughable to begin with. I assure you if people in the industry not directly tied to Twin Peaks knew about new TP content forthcoming it would have been reported by a reputable outlet by now. The HHM thing is different because the implication is that their "source" is someone in the TP world.
Hey hey now. We can think it's transparent clickbait garbage and note that they've been right as many times as they've been wrong before. Because that's more fun and at least kind of cause for hopeful speculation. I was just wondering if their so-called source, assuming it exists, is the same one who told them the things they've been right about before. Sleuthin' it up.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

This don't mean ANYTHING
screenshot-www.facebook.com-2019.11.26-17_17_04.png
screenshot-www.facebook.com-2019.11.26-17_17_04.png (263.89 KiB) Viewed 8456 times
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Round and round it goes...
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

bob_wooler wrote:This don't mean ANYTHING[/attachment]
What do you think it means? He's somewhere with a trippy mural, so he'll have strange dreams having been in said environment.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Jasper wrote:
What do you think it means? He's somewhere with a trippy mural, so he'll have strange dreams having been in said environment.
That's probably it. Just felt this thread needed some life support.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

bob_wooler wrote:
Jasper wrote:
That's probably it. Just felt this thread needed some artificial life support.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

bob_wooler wrote:
bob_wooler wrote:
Jasper wrote:
That's probably it. Just felt this thread needed some artificial life support.
Fair enough. He did say dream.

bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

All we dare to do