Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by N. Needleman »

You know Jerry is that account, right?
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

baxter wrote:Actually, reading that again it seems completely innocuous. They are taking a break from tweeting until Feb 21st, but they would return earlier if there was any major news (e.g. a series announcement).

So that doesn't say anything about the probability of there being an announcement.
But he says he would come back after they announce a new season if it happens before Feb 21.Like he knows that they are surely going to announce it but doesnt know when.And what is on Feb 21st? Its a Thursday and 2 nights before Lauras murder
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Are we having a silly day? It seems like we're having a silly day.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Jasper wrote:Are we having a silly day? It seems like we're having a silly day.
Add Jerry's tweet to your Potential Season 4 quotes thread :D
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Heh. Obviously I didn't know that Jerry has that account. This is now making more sense than Cooper's superimposed face though.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

krishnanspace wrote:
Jasper wrote:Are we having a silly day? It seems like we're having a silly day.
Add Jerry's tweet to your Potential Season 4 quotes thread :D
Don't tempt me. It would be silly, but I haven't gotten many quotes lately, so there's no telling what could happen. :lol:
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

baxter wrote:Actually, reading that again it seems completely innocuous. They are taking a break from tweeting until Feb 21st, but they would return earlier if there was any major news (e.g. a series announcement).

So that doesn't say anything about the probability of there being an announcement.

It,s not only the tweet. Jerry also has said this: i,ve heard good things. That,s all i got.
dkenny78
RR Diner Member

Post by dkenny78 »

Like most of you, I feel that the likelihood of a Season 4 will rest 99.9% on Lynch's and Frost's positions rather than on corporate/financial pressures. That being said, I could see Season 4 being a PERFECT fit for CBS's All Access Streaming Platform. I am sure the CBS executives are looking at the 'record number' of people that signed up for the Showtime app when 'The Return' premiered, and seeing how they might parlay it into their new streaming priority.

'The Return' might have only been bringing in a couple of hundred thousand viewers in its initial broadcasts each week, but I'm fairly confident most of those viewers would be the same people willing to plunk down $6 for the All Access subscription.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

dkenny78 wrote:Like most of you, I feel that the likelihood of a Season 4 will rest 99.9% on Lynch's and Frost's positions rather than on corporate/financial pressures. That being said, I could see Season 4 being a PERFECT fit for CBS's All Access Streaming Platform. I am sure the CBS executives are looking at the 'record number' of people that signed up for the Showtime app when 'The Return' premiered, and seeing how they might parlay it into their new streaming priority.

'The Return' might have only been bringing in a couple of hundred thousand viewers in its initial broadcasts each week, but I'm fairly confident most of those viewers would be the same people willing to plunk down $6 for the All Access subscription.
Why do you think they'd move it to CBS All Access from Showtime?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
mtl
RR Diner Member

Post by mtl »

baxter wrote:Heh. Obviously I didn't know that Jerry has that account. This is now making more sense than Cooper's superimposed face though.
i sign here every 7 years but fuck's sake, this is also why I love this new season. It is part of it. you are part of it. I am part of it. they're all part of it. and haters keep coming here every fucking day because they need their fix

talking about a fucking GENIUS
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

??

I love the new season, I was just being silly. I was simply saying "this made no sense, now it makes sense. Cooper's superimposed face will remain a glorious mystery".
dkenny78
RR Diner Member

Post by dkenny78 »

mtwentz wrote:
dkenny78 wrote:
Why do you think they'd move it to CBS All Access from Showtime?
This is all speculation but my guess is the incremental viewership Twin Peaks would bring would have more of an impact on the All Access subscriber base than on Showtime's. A lot of Twin Peaks viewers were already subscribers to Showtime when the Return premiered, I doubt the same could be said of All Access which is a much younger platform. Then again, a Showtime subscription (either through cable or the standalone app) is a bit more expensive than CBS All Access, so I guess it might even out.

Also, while I know all 'official' Showtime statements clearly show support and enthusiasm for the show, the Live ratings were pretty low, especially compared to many of their other originals. Removing Twin Peaks from a linear TV platform and letting it live on as an OTT exclusive would take some pressure off their scheduling, and allow them to put a more highly-rated show in the coveted 9Pm Sunday slot. And there would almost inevitably be a much-reduced marketing spend if the show was OTT only.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I think there is zero chance of it leaving Showtime.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

krishnanspace wrote:

But he says he would come back after they announce a new season if it happens before Feb 21.Like he knows that they are surely going to announce it but doesnt know when.And what is on Feb 21st? Its a Thursday and 2 nights before Lauras murder
If Jerry say he has listened good things, i believe he is referring to a annoucement of a new season, but why he say also Feb 21st??
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Harry S. Truman wrote: If Jerry say he has listened good things, i believe he is referring to a annoucement of a new season, but why he say also Feb 21st??
3 days before Twin Peaks day? :-)