Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Jerry Horne wrote:All I have is a map of Tibet and deductive technique.

Seriously though, sorry if people don't want their expectations to burn up. I understand. I've heard good things is what I'll repeat.

But we've been clued in recently have we not? Frost wants more. Sabrina wants more. Lynch told us the writing would take time but there are disturbance$.

I don't have anything specific right now like I did when I announced TP would return on the Showtime network three days before the official announcement. But If I hear anything this time around, this will be the place I'll post since I'm tired of social media.

We all want S4. Even the haters. I think they're looking forward to it the most :twisted:
Thank you very much Jerry! Please, if you hear anything more, post here. i hope in a annoucement soon ( christmas or January 2019 could be good dates)

I am hungry of good news.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Somebody posted a Q&A from the Long Beach Comic Con on YouTube. Around the 35-minute mark, the cast members are asked about a possible fourth season, and about the Emmy snubs. They don't really address the fourth season but Kimmy, Sherilyn, and others indicate they blame Showtime for the absence of nominations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzDaKn_k7PI

There are some cute stories about Harry Goaz doing impersonations of Brando on set in the days before filming the Wally scene, and Dana Ashbrook thinking he was losing it. (Dana didn't know there was a Wally Brando/Brando scene to be filmed). Sherilyn gives her thoughts about Audrey's situation, and mentions that she had no idea about the fact that Audrey had been raped by Cooper until she saw the episodes unfold on television. Also, Harry Goaz chimes in with some interesting thoughts of his own about Audrey's final scene in the mirror. "I think David might be up to something," Goaz keeps saying about that final scene with Audrey, "I'm being serious! Everything about that scene, out of the whole film, made me think that David was giving us a glimpse into something else. And it has me very, very curious."
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Well, even MacLachlan claims to have heard nothing as of yet. Those good things Jerry heard must have been many more levels of top secret above..

or false...

or there's an NDA at play here...
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Soolsma wrote:Well, even MacLachlan claims to have heard nothing as of yet. Those good things Jerry heard must have been many more levels of top secret above..

or false...

or we are all crazy people :)
But the fact that they are touring around the world coupled with the fact the Mark Frost firmly believes that the series should continue as he was the one who initiated The Return makes me think Jerry has some top secret info.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Soolsma wrote:Well, even MacLachlan claims to have heard nothing as of yet. Those good things Jerry heard must have been many more levels of top secret above..

or false...

Lynch lied to people point blank for years about doing Season 3. Repeatedly, in public and in print. Whether Kyle knows anything or he's lying, I personally feel fairly confident. One thing production of S3 indicated is the actors were very often the last to know at several points. Either way, it is what it is for now.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

If Kyle knows something, I think he'd be obligated to deny it until it's formally announced.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

mtwentz wrote:If Kyle knows something, I think he'd be obligated to deny it until it's formally announced.
Exactly. It's kind of funny how the question comes up every time a member of the cast or crew is interviewed, though I guess you can't blame them for asking. Still, it's not like the interviewee is just gonna sit there and keep quiet unless asked...!
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

or false...

If Kyle Mc Lachlan knew something, of course he wasn,t going to say it, or he would lie.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

krishnanspace wrote:

or false...

or we are all crazy people :)
But the fact that they are touring around the world coupled with the fact the Mark Frost firmly believes that the series should continue as he was the one who initiated The Return makes me think Jerry has some top secret info.
I Agree!! if Jerry can,t say good things he has heard, is that are secret BY NOW. I hope we soon know something.
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

I doubt the actors touring around the world has anything at all to do with a potential season 4. It's not unusual for actors from old shows with devoted fan bases to make appearances at conventions. Especially actors who may not have full schedules and could use a paycheck and an all expense paid trip to some part of the globe. The cast of the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica series, for example, still make regular appearances at conventions, and there's no chance of a revival of that show involving the same cast. Twin Peaks has proven to have a devoted enough fan base to make it worth it for the organizers of these conventions to book actors from the show.

That being said, I do believe there's something cooking with Season 4, but I'd bet the number of people in the loop is small, and I bet you wouldn't need more than one hand to count the number of people who are actively involved in getting it off the ground.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

mtwentz wrote:If Kyle knows something, I think he'd be obligated to deny it until it's formally announced.
I'm think that if in the know, he could also have just said "no comment" or ''I won't talk about that". Though a shift like that might be considered as telling by us fans. Are there actually NDA's that force you to lie? He might just lie personally for Lynch though.

Disclaimer: I'm no legal advisor so I don't know what I'm talking about. But to me it sounds like that's what an NDA is; just don't disclose anyhting.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I always think it is impossible to read too much into these responses, since everyone has their own way of not answering a question and throwing people off the scent (and it varies from day to day anyway).

I still think something is afoot though. I've had that feeling ever since S3 ended, since it really felt like a setup for a new series.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Mark Frost has directly said at least 3 times that the show must continue. Someone should hack his Skype and see what he has been upto :)
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I think with all of this boundlessly optimistic tea leaf reading, we’re destined to end up with a board full of profoundly disappointed fans. ;)
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

krishnanspace wrote:Mark Frost has directly said at least 3 times that the show must continue. Someone should hack his Skype and see what he has been upto :)
Has he? I saw that one recent article where he is quoted as having said that he'd like the show to continue (it wasn't a direct quote sadly), what are the other two times?