Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by IcedOver »

DoppelBocker wrote:Depending on where the 3rd season and Mark Frosts next book coming out later this year leaves everything, another creative team MIGHT be possible if building something new (think Fargo TV series vs. Movie kind of connection).
Absolutely not. No matter the eventual quality of this season, the precedent has been set that this current thing is Lynch's alone. I was one of the people calling for the show not to happen if Lynch didn't come back, and I don't think it should be under anyone else's direction again.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

I still think that this season will reach a fully satisfying closure at the end of Part 18. It might be ambiguous but it will be an ending. I'm fully on board for more, only if Lynch & Frost are the two creative forces behind it.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Showtime renewed "I'm Dying Up Here" for season 2. It ran after Twin Peaks this summer and had even worse ratings than Twin Peaks. It was probably a lot cheaper to produce, though it is set in '70s which certainly takes some money to recreate. So Showtime could be open to a season 4 based on this. Would it be worth their effort though?
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

I think Showtime is interested for more. It's up to Lynch & Frost whether there's more to come.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

I don't want to think of the finale as a cliffhanger and want to come to terms with it as the end, but my mind keeps wandering to the fertile ground left for this story to continue. Hell more Sheryl Lee alone would be worth it. And of course there's the unresolved stories from both this season and the ones unaddressed from the original material (I'm still pining for something more on Chet Desmond).
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

AgentEcho wrote:...I'm still pining for something more on Chet Desmond...
Oh absolutely. I was a bit dismayed how they moved the Fat Trout from Deer River. I love the Deer River environment and had really been hoping to see more of it and follow up on Chet's disappearance.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I will take central roles for Sheryl Lee and Sherilyn Fenn as Cooper slowly shifts into oracular Jeffries mode.

And if they're going to commit to continuing with at least one more season, beef up the younger generation a bit more.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

Novalis wrote:
AgentEcho wrote:...I'm still pining for something more on Chet Desmond...
Oh absolutely. I was a bit dismayed how they moved the Fat Trout from Deer River. I love the Deer River environment and had really been hoping to see more of it and follow up on Chet's disappearance.
Literally the only plotline I'm depressed was dropped

They should, ya know, hire Mary Sweeney for a season 4 editor :twisted:
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Couldn't care less.

On second thought, maybe I'd be interested if Lynch decides to do season 4 with all the characters recast as pieces of cutlery and general kitchen utensils - that way, we could get Beauty and the Beast's comic relief via David Lynch. Awesome! Plus a framed EW cover with Lynch surrounded by a stove, a knife, a toaster, a soup ladle and an ice cream scoop would look swell on my wall! Oh, and another condition for my interest and support: we should be treated to an appearance of another superhero, preferably a relative of The Green Glove Dude - how does his sister AKA The Yellow Stocking Dudette sound?
Saela
Roadhouse Member

Post by Saela »

Spoiler:
Part 18 ended with all the electricity gone...what more can you do?
(Not that I wouldn't be happy if season 4 would be announced tomorrow...)
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

Agent Earle wrote:On second thought, maybe I'd be interested if Lynch decides to do season 4 with all the characters recast as pieces of cutlery and general kitchen utensils
Or dental instruments?

https://www.scribd.com/doc/27992934/Dav ... s-His-Head

; )
"Fool me once... shame on me!"
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

Saela wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Call in the tech. Two dishevelled and world-weary types arrive, spend a few minutes circling round things and uhmming and aaahing, then one of them pipes us, 'have you tried turning it off and on again?'. Bingo, everything boots up and the logo is crackling again. We thank them profusely, and they grin and smile. 'It's what we do.'
I don't know what I want any more. I mean, I want more. I would absolutely love more. But I'm afraid.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
Saela
Roadhouse Member

Post by Saela »

Novalis wrote:
Saela wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Call in the tech. Two dishevelled and world-weary types arrive, spend a few minutes circling round things and uhmming and aaahing, then one of them pipes us, 'have you tried turning it off and on again?'. Bingo, everything boots up and the logo is crackling again. We thank them profusely, and they grin and smile. 'It's what we do.'
I don't know what I want any more. I mean, I want more. I would absolutely love more. But I'm afraid.
Sounds Lynchian :)
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

Whether there will be a 4th season of Twin Peaks is too early to say, [David Lynch] told the crowd, adding that if the series would continue, fans would have to be extremely patient. Again. “It took me four and a half years to write and film this season.”
Well I for one can be 'extremely patient'. In fact I think the majority of us can be extremely patient if needed. Look how long we waited for the FWWM deleted scenes to be published. Look how long we waited for Season 3 to happen -- 25 years waiting and giving up and yet still secretly waiting was a long time.

Like I've said elsewhere, a season 4 is not in my view a necessity but I would absolutely welcome it.