Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
bob_wooler

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby bob_wooler » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:14 am

The event being postponed again doesn't mean an announcement will get postponed with it.
Brad D

Postby Brad D » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:34 pm

Jerry Horne wrote:What has Mark Frost been up to these last three years? Has he announced anything new coming out?

I am privy to knowledge that *something* Is very close to being a deal and/or announced. Covid isn’t helping but it’s been in the works a while. I have my fingers crossed, and think y’all would be excited. This something is obvy not TP.
LateReg

Postby LateReg » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:31 pm

Brad D wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:What has Mark Frost been up to these last three years? Has he announced anything new coming out?

I am privy to knowledge that *something* Is very close to being a deal and/or announced. Covid isn’t helping but it’s been in the works a while. I have my fingers crossed, and think y’all would be excited. This something is obvy not TP.

Not sure what you can say, but I wonder if this is something only Frost related or Lynch too?
Jasper

Postby Jasper » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:38 pm

LateReg wrote:Not sure what you can say, but I wonder if this is something only Frost related or Lynch too?

Well, Brad quoted Jerry's post specifically asking about Frost, but I hesitate to read too much into that.

Let's see, what would be Mark Frost's dream project that has nothing to do with TP? Perhaps a show or film about Theosophy/occult/etc.

Then again, Lynch and Sabrina Sutherland have hinted at something, so maybe Lynch and Frost have separate projects in the works at the same time, or perhaps they've got a joint project that isn't Twin Peaks, though the latter doesn't seem very likely.
bob_wooler

Postby bob_wooler » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:25 am

Brad D wrote:

Why don't we ask him?
Brad, is it a Frost project or is Lynch involved as well?
ManBehindWinkies

Postby ManBehindWinkies » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:08 am

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd rather see Lynch and Frost collaborate on a new, original project than more Twin Peaks (though I'd be very happy to see either).

Not sure I'd be super excited about a Frost film/television project that didn't involve Lynch, though I'm very interested in Jiddu Krishnamurti so I'd be interested to see what Frost does with that. That's probably not a project Lynch would be involved in, as Krishnamurti did not have the kindest things to say about Lynch's beloved Transcendental Meditation organization.
AXX°N N.

Postby AXX°N N. » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:25 am

I think it's worth taking into account that following Twin Peaks, Frost utilized the production arm they'd set up at Lynch/Frost to make the anthology documentary series American Chronicles, and the comedy he & Lynch both worked on, On the Air. With the clout they have now, perhaps the next thing they use that banner on will be something we would have never expected in terms of intent & tone.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
eyeboogers

Postby eyeboogers » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:21 pm

Are we not going to talk about how Lynch just put up a new short that features golden orbs, Judy facial features and frog moths coming out of an egg?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV8CPB7u_rg
AXX°N N.

Postby AXX°N N. » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:29 pm

eyeboogers wrote:Are we not going to talk about how Lynch just put up a new short that features golden orbs, Judy facial features and frog moths coming out of an egg?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV8CPB7u_rg

That's not new actually. Around 50% of the shorts he's been posting are old, either from his old paysite or even obscurer places, such as this one. It's from 2010's short film anthology 42 One Dream Rush, which is notable for also having a Harmony Korine short. Prior to when Lynch posted it, you could only see it in the film in a somewhat dubiously sourced avi file through torrenting, as it was never released on DVD or streaming. This version, like some of the other old material, is in way better quality than prior.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
eyeboogers

Postby eyeboogers » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:36 pm

AXX°N N. wrote:That's not new actually. Around 50% of the shorts he's been posting are old, either from his old paysite or even obscurer places, such as this one. It's from 2010's short film anthology 42 One Dream Rush, which is notable for also having a Harmony Korine short. Prior to when Lynch posted it, you could only see it in the film in a somewhat dubiously sourced avi file through torrenting, as it was never released on DVD or streaming. This version, like some of the other old material, is in way better quality than prior.

Thanks for clearing that up, otherwise it could have been a very promising development.
bob_wooler

Postby bob_wooler » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:51 pm

What's up with the jar?
ManBehindWinkies

Postby ManBehindWinkies » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:34 am

So far the NBA and NHL seem to be having success with their isolation bubbles. This probably will be the most successful model for resuming film/television production before a vaccine. It's hardly ideal as all cast and crew would have to be sequestered away from their families for the duration of the production, but there will be no ideal solutions for a while.
TwinsPeak

Postby TwinsPeak » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:17 am

ManBehindWinkies wrote:So far the NBA and NHL seem to be having success with their isolation bubbles. This probably will be the most successful model for resuming film/television production before a vaccine. It's hardly ideal as all cast and crew would have to be sequestered away from their families for the duration of the production, but there will be no ideal solutions for a while.

With enough $$$$ they could do a bubble.
mtwentz

Postby mtwentz » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:50 pm

TwinsPeak wrote:
ManBehindWinkies wrote:So far the NBA and NHL seem to be having success with their isolation bubbles. This probably will be the most successful model for resuming film/television production before a vaccine. It's hardly ideal as all cast and crew would have to be sequestered away from their families for the duration of the production, but there will be no ideal solutions for a while.

On a Lynch production, those people don't get paid enough to agree to a bubble. It's different when people are making multimillion dollar salaries.
"Dougie is COOPER? How the Hell is this!?"
TwinsPeak

Postby TwinsPeak » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:33 pm

mtwentz wrote:
TwinsPeak wrote:

On a Lynch production, those people don't get paid enough to agree to a bubble. It's different when people are making multimillion dollar salaries.

That's true only if they weren't paid a lot like last time. But with enough money they could do a bubble. Money is probably the most important thing to getting more Twin Peaks. Also, the past has shown us that most actors/crew will take less pay to be in a Lynch production. Sounds like a cool bubble to be in.

I sure hope we get some Twin Peaks news of new material on the horizon. That would really brighten things up during this covid gloom.

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”