Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by yaxomoxay »

Phillip Jeffries_40 wrote: This is TWIN PEAKS, is not Carrie's life.
If I recall correctly, in S3 P18 Carrie's life enters the world of Twin Peaks as she enters the town of Twin Peaks.
David Lynch is Who take the decision about Twin Peaks, not you or me.
I don't think that anyone is taking decisions, esp. because no one here has the power to take them. We are conversing, which is the main purpose of a forum.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

I didn't see anything in Lynch's answer. In fact, I think that the whole "answer" was really just a response to the two questioners asking their question in unison.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

I reckon we're done with the Frost unfollowing Lynch on Twitter thing, but am I the only one who thinks his "troubling afternoon" choice of words could be some kind of comment to how negotiations with Frost/Showtime/"..." are going at the moment?
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

Post by Phillip Jeffries_40 »

bob_wooler wrote:I reckon we're done with the Frost unfollowing Lynch on Twitter thing, but am I the only one who thinks his "troubling afternoon" choice of words could be some kind of comment to how negotiations with Frost/Showtime/"..." are going at the moment?
If there was negotiations, this wouldn,t be a great trouble, because showtime and Frost wants more Twin Peaks. That Frost doesn,t follow to Lynch on twitter, doesn,t mean anything. Lynch still follow to Frost.

We won,t know anything about a possible Season 4 until they want.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Phillip Jeffries_40 wrote:
bob_wooler wrote:I reckon we're done with the Frost unfollowing Lynch on Twitter thing, but am I the only one who thinks his "troubling afternoon" choice of words could be some kind of comment to how negotiations with Frost/Showtime/"..." are going at the moment?
If there was negotiations, this wouldn,t be a great trouble, because showtime and Frost wants more Twin Peaks. That Frost doesn,t follow to Lynch on twitter, doesn,t mean anything. Lynch still follow to Frost.

We won,t know anything about a possible Season 4 until they want.
Not sure if I follow. What do you mean by "this"?
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

bob_wooler wrote:I reckon we're done with the Frost unfollowing Lynch on Twitter thing
That twitter unfollow thing got completely out of hand. Nobody could remember, much less document, if Frost had ever followed Lynch on Twitter, most likely there isn't any drama there.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Im happy to see Lynch looking healthy again. During the time he shot his Masterclass, he looked he had lost a lot of weight
pinballmars
Roadhouse Member

Post by pinballmars »

I still watch Season 3 and over the past year, I've come to a personal interpretation that Episode 18 was the end of the world. We (or whoever you think "the dreamer" is) woke up and the world of Twin Peaks ended. Laura/Carrie's scream made it happen.

That's not an idea that makes rational sense, but surrealism is irrational. Episode 18 (and "Twin Peaks" as a whole, I think) ends exactly the way that dreams often end (with a jolt and no concrete explanation of what you just saw, only feelings), which is perfect. Maybe too perfect to spoil with another season or a movie or whatever.

One big thing for me is the closing music. "Dark Space Low" sounds an like empty void. No life, no wind, nothing moving or stirring or happening. To me, "Dark Space Low" is the sound of "nothing". It's post-apopcalyptic. It's the sound of everything being gone.

I'd be very curious about what Lynch said to Badalamenti about that final piece of music. Because we know that's how they work. Lynch describes a feeling or an image to Badalmenti, who then composes music based on that. How did Lynch describe the closing music? That could be the closest thing we get to a clue of what Lynch's own view on what the final scene "means".
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Frost hasn't followed Lynch on twitter for quite awhile, possibly going back before S3 even aired. I remember bc I checked myself one day (I think while S3 was airing) just out of curiosity and I was surprised bc I figured if anything it would be the other way around, that Frost followed Lynch but not vice versa. There's probably a pretty benign explanation for it.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

This isn’t much of anything, but in a recent interview themed around the concept of “home,” the reporter tries to get Lynch to open up about the end of P18, and he echoes something similar to what he has said before: “That’s how it ends.” As with the old quote, I think he’s pretty clearly just saying “That’s how the season ends” as a way of saying “the work speaks for itself and I’m not going to explain it,” not saying that this is the definitive end of TP.

https://news.streetroots.org/2019/07/26 ... avid-lynch

MacKenzie: I was wondering how much a home is tied to a sense of identity, and the significance of the final scene of “Twin Peaks: The Return” being set at what may or may not be Laura Palmer’s home?

Lynch: That’s how it ends. So … I’m not really able to discuss that, but the word home, it’s a beautiful word. In “The Wizard of Oz,” that line, “There’s no place like home.” This is something that everybody feels but there’s still many unhappy homes. It would be great to have a world where everyone had a home that they loved and where they felt secure and happy.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:This isn’t much of anything, but in a recent interview themed around the concept of “home,” the reporter tries to get Lynch to open up about the end of P18, and he echoes something similar to what he has said before: “That’s how it ends.” As with the old quote, I think he’s pretty clearly just saying “That’s how the season ends” as a way of saying “the work speaks for itself and I’m not going to explain it,” not saying that this is the definitive end of TP.

https://news.streetroots.org/2019/07/26 ... avid-lynch

MacKenzie: I was wondering how much a home is tied to a sense of identity, and the significance of the final scene of “Twin Peaks: The Return” being set at what may or may not be Laura Palmer’s home?

Lynch: That’s how it ends. So … I’m not really able to discuss that, but the word home, it’s a beautiful word. In “The Wizard of Oz,” that line, “There’s no place like home.” This is something that everybody feels but there’s still many unhappy homes. It would be great to have a world where everyone had a home that they loved and where they felt secure and happy.
I don't think it says anything about Season 4, but I love how he says he won't discuss the meaning of the final scene, and then gives us a tantalizing clue to it's meaning!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Phillip Jeffries_40
Roadhouse Member

Post by Phillip Jeffries_40 »

Certainly When is the 30th aniversary of the series? Because is the only date i have hopes to a possible annoucement of a season 4.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

April 8th 2020. That is 30 years from the first air-date. I wish you the best of luck keeping those fingers crossed Harry. :P
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

If they announce it in 2020 when are they gonna be shooting/editing etc? It would be out by 2022 and everyone would be too old for it.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I really don’t get people’s desire to set arbitrary deadlines for L/F. When has Lynch ever done anything predictable?
The last announcement was on a completely random date, presumably when they finalized the deal. An announcement could happen tomorrow, or in twelve years, or not at all. There’s no sense trying to guess, or saying it won’t happen after a certain date, when we have literally no information. That way lies madness.