Page 5 of 7

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:38 am
by The Jumping Man
The entire original cast will be floating CGI heads as Special Agent Sonny Jim Jones embarks on a quest to find his missing father.

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:47 am
by JohnGSmoke
Lol @ the jumping man

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:55 am
by Panapaok
The Jumping Man wrote:The entire original cast will be floating CGI heads as Special Agent Sonny Jim Jones embarks on a quest to find his missing father.
Can't wait! :)

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:49 pm
by SpookyDollhouse
If Lynch/Frost want to do it then so it shall be.

I've seen some people literally "protesting" for another season and personally I find that to be a bit mean-spirited. "I loved this, now give me more! Right! NOW!" ehh idk
There comes a point when wanting more just to have it is bad for the work, it could become an example of what it symbolized it wasn't going to be.

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:10 pm
by Esselgee
TVLine predicts Showtime will announce a new batch of TP episodes.

TWIN PEAKS
PREDICTION: On Oct. 6 — three years after this summer’s revival was first announced — Showtime will reveal its plans for another batch of new episodes, to air in Spring 2021.


This is just one of a big group of predictions though, so I don't know if they're just taking random shots or have an inside info. I'd say the former though. I can't see any way that Showtime could pinpoint a specific year and season the episodes would air. They didn't even get the year right last time.

http://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-predictions-2017-lost-spinoff-scandal-finale/#!33/part-17-5/

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:05 pm
by Jasper
Esselgee wrote:TVLine predicts Showtime will announce a new batch of TP episodes.

TWIN PEAKS
PREDICTION: On Oct. 6 — three years after this summer’s revival was first announced — Showtime will reveal its plans for another batch of new episodes, to air in Spring 2021.


This is just one of a big group of predictions though, so I don't know if they're just taking random shots or have an inside info. I'd say the former though. I can't see any way that Showtime could pinpoint a specific year and season the episodes would air. They didn't even get the year right last time.

http://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-predictions-2017-lost-spinoff-scandal-finale/#!33/part-17-5/


Interesting. I agree that it's almost certainly speculation, but there could be a kernel of truth to it, along the lines of someone, somewhere in the Lynch/Frost camp or the Showtime camp expressing some kind of interest to someone in the other camp, or even within the same camp. It's the job of TV executives to plan for the future, so given that Twin Peaks happened, someone in a boardroom somewhere must have at least asked "What if this were to happen?" though just because it's likely to have been asked doesn't mean that the answer would be positive.

Performance of season three on home media might provide very valuable data about the commercial viability of another season, so Showtime could be hesitant to spend much time on the subject prior to the materialization of initial sales figures.

Another consideration is merchandise sales. The Showtime store has become a virtual dedicated Twin Peaks emporium, and one gets the sense that business is quite good, because if it were not, they wouldn't continue to come up with more and more new items, including rather pricey things like the ring. We've also seen various items sell out, get replenished, and sell out again quite quickly. (The TP sheriff's station mug being one example of a hot item.)

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:18 pm
by Harry S. Truman
Esselgee wrote:TVLine predicts Showtime will announce a new batch of TP episodes.

TWIN PEAKS
PREDICTION: On Oct. 6 — three years after this summer’s revival was first announced — Showtime will reveal its plans for another batch of new episodes, to air in Spring 2021.


This is just one of a big group of predictions though, so I don't know if they're just taking random shots or have an inside info. I'd say the former though. I can't see any way that Showtime could pinpoint a specific year and season the episodes would air. They didn't even get the year right last time.

http://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-predictions-2017-lost-spinoff-scandal-finale/#!33/part-17-5/


David Lynch has said very recently that if the series come back would be in four years ( time of write of script and shoot). by these motive, they say 2021. and showtime also will say. if is random shots, they have a lot of imagination. i am very optimistic , and i am sure of that there will be more twin peaks!! :D :D

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:40 pm
by AgentEcho
If there is going to be more I wouldn't expect an announcement for over a year. David Lynch and Mark Frost would be working in secret for a long time before even they would decide it would be worth it to come back.

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:50 am
by Harry S. Truman
Great news!!! The annoucement won,t be in a year, It,s too much time and i don,t see to showtime or a Lynch waiting all these time. Thanks to god!!

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:03 am
by BGate
Dumb clickbait. Lynch has said as recently as a week or so ago that they haven't even sat down to talk yet.

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:52 am
by BGate
TVLine themselves are promoting this as a "prediction", it's not an actual report based on sources or info.

And it's a terrible prediction, but they probably know that.

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:05 pm
by bowisneski
Frost hasn't ruled out Season 4 either - http://www.indiewire.com/2017/10/twin-peaks-season-4-mark-frost-david-lynch-showtime-1201891106/

“I haven’t decided yet,” said Frost in an interview with IndieWire. “I think it’s still an open question and it’s one that we’re looking at and one that I think Showtime is musing as well.”

“The anchor [for ‘Twin Peaks: The Return’] and starting point came from the moment we revisited the last episode of the original show,” said Frost. “Cooper’s dilemma of when Good Cooper trapped Bad Cooper [both played by Kyle MacLachlan] out and that weirdly prescient line of the spirit of Laura’s whispering to Cooper, ‘I will see you again in 25 years.’ That was the springboard to the story and that is where I saw the opening to bring us back and that is what I proposed to David when we got back together in 2012 and said this is where we can pick up the thread.”

“It’s something you have to think long and hard about,” said Frost. “We’ll make the decision when the time is right. There certainly is no sense of urgency about it.”

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:09 pm
by Nikki Grace
bowisneski wrote:Frost hasn't ruled out Season 4 either - http://www.indiewire.com/2017/10/twin-peaks-season-4-mark-frost-david-lynch-showtime-1201891106/

“I haven’t decided yet,” said Frost in an interview with IndieWire. “I think it’s still an open question and it’s one that we’re looking at and one that I think Showtime is musing as well.”

“The anchor [for ‘Twin Peaks: The Return’] and starting point came from the moment we revisited the last episode of the original show,” said Frost. “Cooper’s dilemma of when Good Cooper trapped Bad Cooper [both played by Kyle MacLachlan] out and that weirdly prescient line of the spirit of Laura’s whispering to Cooper, ‘I will see you again in 25 years.’ That was the springboard to the story and that is where I saw the opening to bring us back and that is what I proposed to David when we got back together in 2012 and said this is where we can pick up the thread.”

“It’s something you have to think long and hard about,” said Frost. “We’ll make the decision when the time is right. There certainly is no sense of urgency about it.”


The big catalyst is Lynch. But perhaps Frost is suggesting the two of them are in it together "considering" the possibility. Even if it does happen, I wonder if it'll be another 3-4 years before we see it.

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:44 pm
by N. Needleman
I don't think Frost would be speaking to the press if Lynch wasn't willing. And Lynch has seemed willing.

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:11 pm
by krishnanspace
If showtime goes ahead with Season 4,I hope they provide Lynch with the budget he needs.Sabrina said in an interview that Season 3 budget problems and there were scenes that David wanted to shoot that he couldnt and he also had to do some of the vfx on his own