Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Discussion of Twin Peaks and Fire Walk With Me

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
Soolsma

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Postby Soolsma » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:19 am

twinpeaks.png
twinpeaks.png (38.93 KiB) Viewed 314 times

from Twitter
I believe all these phenomena that our putted-up egos and busy ant minds persist in trying to label, categorize, penetrate, and comphrehend, all spring from this same uncanny source. This is the mother of all "others".
IcedOver

Postby IcedOver » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:32 pm

I believe that "Peaks" is over. This was it as far as something with that title goes. Whether Lynch wants to do something else with Showtime not with that title, who knows? The series this year was essentially a Lynch variety show with a "Peaks" wrapping, so I'm not finding a compelling reason for something else with that title to exist. My interest in any new "Peaks" on TV was over in 1991, and I was never too curious about what a continuation would be like, nor did I think it would ever happen. When the announcement of this show was made, and that it would follow on plots of the second season, I was very skeptical. Then came this totally unexpected direction for the show. Through its ups and downs (more of the latter), probably most assumed that it would provide some kind of satisfying capper. Whether or not you consider the way it turned out to be satisfying (I'm on the fence about Part 18, but fucking hate the "Back to the Future" bullshit of 17), the fact is that they had eighteen hours, longer than most cable seasons, and this was what they came up with. What would a continuation be -- addressing storylines that it's clear Lynch just felt like shitting on? It's not worth it.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Agent Earle

Postby Agent Earle » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:45 am

IcedOver wrote:I believe that "Peaks" is over. This was it as far as something with that title goes. Whether Lynch wants to do something else with Showtime not with that title, who knows? The series this year was essentially a Lynch variety show with a "Peaks" wrapping, so I'm not finding a compelling reason for something else with that title to exist. My interest in any new "Peaks" on TV was over in 1991, and I was never too curious about what a continuation would be like, nor did I think it would ever happen. When the announcement of this show was made, and that it would follow on plots of the second season, I was very skeptical. Then came this totally unexpected direction for the show. Through its ups and downs (more of the latter), probably most assumed that it would provide some kind of satisfying capper. Whether or not you consider the way it turned out to be satisfying (I'm on the fence about Part 18, but fucking hate the "Back to the Future" bullshit of 17), the fact is that they had eighteen hours, longer than most cable seasons, and this was what they came up with. What would a continuation be -- addressing storylines that it's clear Lynch just felt like shitting on? It's not worth it.

Other than the fact that I yearned for some kind of Peaks continuation ever since the conclusion of S 2 or, by extension, FWWM (and that I walked about in a trance for a good number of months when S 3 was announced back in 2014), those are pretty much my feelings on the possible future additions to what's now sadly known as Twin Peaks. Yeah, 18 hours of friggin' new Twin Peaks - my, how unearthly excellent that sounds (on paper).
IcedOver

Postby IcedOver » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:40 pm

Agent Earle wrote:Other than the fact that I yearned for some kind of Peaks continuation ever since the conclusion of S 2 or, by extension, FWWM (and that I walked about in a trance for a good number of months when S 3 was announced back in 2014), those are pretty much my feelings on the possible future additions to what's now sadly known as Twin Peaks. Yeah, 18 hours of friggin' new Twin Peaks - my, how unearthly excellent that sounds (on paper).

I don't know, maybe I was being a bit too negative. I liked a lot of the show, but feel that enough of it was poorly handled that it was detrimental. Regardless, I don't have much of a desire for a continuation of the main threads. Much of the show was about the inability to return, to "go home again," so to "return to the return" doesn't really make sense.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!

Return to “Twin Peaks”