Cover Art and some more info on Complete Series box set!

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

Those covers are amazing.
boyfromstorm

Post by boyfromstorm »

those covers are fantastic. all of them would make great posters. i'd happily hang a few up on my walls.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Remember that box that catherine and Pete were trying to open? How about a cover like that. In black lacquered wood that can only be opened by pressing certain symbols?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

That you have to shoot to get open?

;)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

That is the final option!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Charles, I haven't been in here for all the excitement. Your alternate covers are absolutely amazing! Thank you for such beautiful artwork!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

They are getting better Charles.

The Painted Wall Panels, my favourite, with the wood lettering and surround [ that would look good extending to the whole box art work maybe. It would match in with the back cover]. the Red Room with the faded trees in the curtains, thats very effective.

These I especially like, excellent.
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

Wow. Thanks everyone! It's so cool to hear all these compliments on my covers (the only trouble is, I can't stop making them!) I really do hope that the people over at Paramount read this board and get it into their heads that NOBODY likes that "Definitive Gold" scheme. What utter nonsense! Anyway, thanks so much for the praise 'I'm flattered.

Charles
Last edited by charles on Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

Well Charles, thank you for doing these.

The way, I see it, is that maybe it will prompt Paramount to give us a decent, if not outstanding, edition, considering how long we all have waited, petitioned and e-mailed for this.

When I bought the first season [UK] many moons ago, I was very pleased with the way it was presented. A glossy rhomboid box with a clear plastic sleeve with Laura's home coming queen photo, eclipsing the image of her wrapped in plastic on the box. It all unfolded into a well presented set of dvd's, which were very well produced.

Well I thought that the final end product would be at least as good as this, actually I was hoping for better. Then the second season was released in those cheap sleeves, and I thought - well I'm glad for them, but saddened at the lack of respect given to the series and fans. Now they want to present the definitive version in a gold box, probably in the same cheap way I bet, and incomplete in content. This selling ploy of presenting goods in gold packaging, equating it to the desirability of a precious metal, is the cheapest form of gimmick around, and after all this time I'm afraid I resent it.

So keep it up Charles, and here's hoping :D
Si

wallydanger
Roadhouse Member

Post by wallydanger »

charles wrote:Wow. Thanks everyone! It's so cool to hear all these compliments on my covers (the only trouble is, I can't stop making them!) I really do hope that the people over at Paramount read this board and get it into their heads that NOBODY likes that "Definitive Gold" scheme. What utter nonsense! Anyway, thanks so much for the praise 'I'm flattered.

Charles
I have an image suggestion. How about one with just the pic of the majestic snow covered peaks of Mt. Si blazing in the sunlight with the blue sky behind? The peaks are seen several times in shots of the diner, but I seem to remember one or two that were closeups of the mountain.
"Do you see creamed corn on that plate?"
> Enter The Lodge
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

I know the one. Great idea! I'll have one posted on http://www.moreintwinpeaks.com by Monday afternoon!
wallydanger
Roadhouse Member

Post by wallydanger »

Great!

You know, I doubt if the studio would buy these cover designs from you, they'd probably just steal the ideas for them from you instead. But you know, there are opportunities for many covers since each disc will likely come in a case of some kind, as in the Season 2 package (which had terrible art).

It might be worthwhile to design specific covers for the different discs (or it might simply be a way to waste more time [winkgrin]).
"Do you see creamed corn on that plate?"
> Enter The Lodge
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

wallydanger wrote:Great!

You know, I doubt if the studio would buy these cover designs from you, they'd probably just steal the ideas for them from you instead. But you know, there are opportunities for many covers since each disc will likely come in a case of some kind, as in the Season 2 package (which had terrible art).

It might be worthwhile to design specific covers for the different discs (or it might simply be a way to waste more time [winkgrin]).
LOL! Well, I have no illusions that anybody is going to pick up one of my designs for use on this set, much less pay me for it. I'm really just doing it for fun and as a way of feeling better about my powerlessness over whatever the final design turns out to be 'which, sadly, I have very little faith that any of us will love. Please, I wish they'd steal the designs and call them their own! That would be payment enough. ANYTHING BUT THE GOLD at this point.... okay, don't quote me on that, I guess it could be worse... i.e. The Diamond Edition
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

charles, loving all the beautiful work -but have to say you hit perfection right off the bat. It should just be the clear simplicity of the Twin Peaks sign post and road and the iconic image of Audrey and Cooper on the back (Audrey longing for Cooper, Cooper searching for the killer, pie on table, coffee in hand).

nice work.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

charles wrote:LOL! Well, I have no illusions that anybody is going to pick up one of my designs for use on this set, much less pay me for it. I'm really just doing it for fun and as a way of feeling better about my powerlessness over whatever the final design turns out to be 'which, sadly, I have very little faith that any of us will love. Please, I wish they'd steal the designs and call them their own! That would be payment enough. ANYTHING BUT THE GOLD at this point.... okay, don't quote me on that, I guess it could be worse... i.e. The Diamond Edition
I know what you mean, but in my heart I wish they would. I wonder how much they paid for the 'Definitive Gold' graphics ?? Also a shot of adrenalin in the dvd production department and the long wait will have been worth it. We will have something we can treasure, not something that looks like it came free on the cover of a magazine.
Si