Twin Peaks telegram bot

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

PandemoniumSeesaw

Twin Peaks telegram bot

Post by PandemoniumSeesaw »

Hello people! During this lazy Sunday I have just created a Twin Peaks Telegram Bot, for all of you who want to add some spice to your telegram groups or to have a random line from our beloved show sent to them on demand!
For those of you who already use Telegram, you can just search @twinpeaksbot and open a chat with it. You can also invite it to a group. Just start the conversation and then every time you want your bot to send you a random line from Twin Peaks write /say.
For those of you who do not know what telegram is, you can check out this link: https://telegram.org/
Any suggestion on how to improve this bot is yrev very welcome!
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks telegram bot

Post by KyleRickards »

Cool!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jatriot
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jatriot »

Love a Telegram. Love your Bot.
PandemoniumSeesaw

Post by PandemoniumSeesaw »

Thanks a lot! I am considering adding some features in my spare time (not very much unfortunately). I plan to complete this roadmap as soon as I have time to dedicate to it:
* change /say to /write and use /say to send audio messages with the original recordings (this is gonna take quite a lot of time, as I should extract the original recordings one by one)
* respond to specific questions (i.e. "where am I, and how can I go home?")
* add stickers with the characters that pronounce the lines (this will be possible if someone offers to produce telegram stickers for the characters, at the moment there are a couple of Twin Peaks Telegram stickers sets but they do not include some characters like Phillip Jeffries, BadCoop, The Woodsman and more)

I recently added the feature that some messages (for instance "gotta light?") get repeated more than once.
Any other suggestion on how to improve it is very welcome! Also, if you have some other (black lodge related) lines I'll be glad to add them.