POLL - Do you Like Season Three and How long have you been watching twin peaks.

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Si78
RR Diner Member

Re: POLL - Do you Like Season Three and How long have you been watching twin peaks.

Post by Si78 »

Love season 3. Unless it implodes I consider it a masterpiece. I've been watching since day 1 when I was a tween (before that was a word).
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Re: POLL - Do you Like Season Three and How long have you been watching twin peaks.

Post by BOB1 »

Neither love nor hate. There were very few moments which made me feel REALLY impressed or dis-impressed, usually it's mildly ok and I'm glad it's there and sometimes not ok because it's boring or pointless.

Watched the original run week by week and it remains my favourite filmed thing ever.
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
REdKing
Roadhouse Member

Post by REdKing »

I think The Return is great.

I began watching Twin Peaks with a VHS copy of the international pilot, then the release of the Artisan DVDs for season 1 in early 2000. I had to wait for the release of Season 2's DVDs, but I had that first season, David's other works, and FWWM to keep me occupied.
I was a huge fan of FWWM, even having warmed up first with the series, for the most part. The Return feels very much like a sequel to that film, but it fits together for me.
I wouldn't have it any other way.
My wife and I watch this together week to week. We have to pause after each part before diving into other shows we enjoy as the transition is almost jarring. It doesn't make the other shows lesser in comparison, but it's somehow just a completely different experience; it asks for an altogether different appreciation.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

I watched parts of it during its original run. But I was only 11. And didn't really "get it" but was simply fascinated by it. And I guess it was in 94 or 95 when Bravo was airing it that I recorded them all on VHS and really got into Peaks.

I love the return.

I am the dreamer. Because this new series is a dream come true.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

I'm withholding my judgment, I can however say I've been thinking more about the show than my recent 3 hour move south, before, during, and now after it's over. There have been moments on par with my favorite parts of Lynch's other projects, and some things that were odd and gave me incredible, somewhat disappointed pause -- but then again, this is an exact description of the original series for me. FWWM is my favorite part of TP, and I hated my first viewing; so anything goes with this, and it will take some time.

I first watched it when I was 17, on the gold box set, after a film major friend linked me the first red room scene on early youtube for no discernible reason.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Garmonbozia1996

Post by Garmonbozia1996 »

I love Season 3 one of the most most unique pieces of televised media I have ever seen (aside from the the original) that intentionally breaks the conventions general 'premium' or 'golden age' television, which is as it should. I'm 21 now so i was born a few years after the show originally aired in the UK, I was introduced to David Lynch and Twin Peaks/Fire Walk with Me, by a friend during Secondary school at the age of 14.
FlyingSquirrel
RR Diner Member

Post by FlyingSquirrel »

I started watching at the beginning of the S1 rerun in the summer/fall of 1990 - I was only 12 and my parents had been watching from the beginning, and I was intrigued after hearing them talking about it. In retrospect I didn't "get" all of it (though I got enough for it to give me nightmares!) at first. I've rewatched the series I think three times in full and once more in part since then. Saw FWWM on video after my first rewatch of the original series.

I like The Return but don't love it as of yet.
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

I love The Return.
First watched Twin Peaks during a rerun on Belgian television. I think around 1993, 1994. A second time around 1998. And watched it countless times since I first found it on VHS (around 2003, 2004).

I was a bit sceptic about The Return when it was announced, because I thought it could turn out as a 'nostalgia-trip' which would ruin the experience for me. I am very glad I was wrong and that it is a completely different approach on the world of TP.
"Your log and I are on the same page."
Melong
RR Diner Member

Post by Melong »

Yes, I love Season 3. I first watched Twin Peaks on the first rerun on Dutch television in the early nineties, perhaps a year or two after its first airing (?). Initially, I didn't think the series would appeal to me. Fool! By the time of the rerun I finally had a VCR so I taped everything. Good move, it turned out. :lol:
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

I both like and dislike "The Return" ("I want to do both," as Audrey would say). I have many conflicting feelings about it. In some ways it's brilliant and absurd, but other times it feels like it was a rush job both in the scripting and filming.

I watched the original show from day one of its original airing 27 years ago, when I was 13. Most of the episodes I watched live, a few taped, and went to the movie on its opening night (four days away from 25 years ago -- holy hell!).
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
tresojos
Roadhouse Member

Post by tresojos »

i like season 3 and started watching twin peaks and fwwm just february this year
donna madonna mañana fofana osama bin laden hayward
emptiem

Post by emptiem »

I love and hate season 3.
I binge watched Twin Peaks in 2003.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Well, now that it's over, I can still say I'm not so sure yet. I feel like whatever was in Sarah's house, Jeffries in suspension as an odd device, and the Jumping Man, are moving somewhere, just existing and gambling as they always have been, in a corner somewhere underneath somewhere else. I felt betrayed by the finale, but on another level I think it adds up to something; the way I feel betrayed matches very closely to how nothing makes sense when I think about death, as a concept. Or dreams. It's all very unfair. I don't know if that's the point, or if it was executed well, but I do know the cryptic images and associations that have been percolating inside of me the 4 months I've been watching are left unresolved and still moving, and that's a deeply unnerving feeling. Similar to how Sarah appears to have become haunted by some abstract force, I also feel hijacked. I went to bed with pain in my head, and woke up and immediately spent hours reading reactions negative and positive and piecing things together. If anything, this is exactly how I felt post-S2 and post-FWWM, but with every piece of the plot, and every character upended and seemingly impossible to resolve. God.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Loved the Return.

First watched the original series and FWWM about 8-9 years ago.
CuriousWoman
Roadhouse Member

Post by CuriousWoman »

I liked it, although I think Lynch could have wrapped it up in 2 films at the time of FWWM by cutting down some of the countless vignettes seen in this season and using Don Davis directly. (but I also think that Frost is very important so I would not want him to be out of the sequels).

I was puzzled by the ending, much like I was by the changes that FWWM did to the lore, but after musing over it last night and coming up with an interpretation (solving some of the mysteries and keeping some others) I do like it as whole.

I watched Twin Peaks last year and watched some interpretation videos after being so confused by FWWM and was quickly very interested in the ambiguousness of the lore.
I saw that people came up with so many interesting theories and that FWWM became a fan favorite although it was allegedly hated at the time.
I believe that the issues some have with season 3 will heal with time and that they will find an interpretation that fit and complement their views of the original show much like they did with the movie. Especially since they are now used with Lynch's still of not closing his stories.