The 'Definitive' Gold Box Edition

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Will you buy this Gold Box?

YES! Right away (Dont yet own any TP DVDs)
9%
YES! Right away (Already own TP DVDs)
22%
Perhaps - will wait for reviews
20%
No - Have the set, will wait for Pilot
2%
Only if it contains Deleted Scenes
48%

Total votes: 46
wallydanger
Roadhouse Member

The 'Definitive' Gold Box Edition

Post by wallydanger »

An article on tvshowsondvd.com from 6/18/07 has news about a much anticipated 'Definitive' Gold Box Edition of Twin Peaks being released this October 30. Here's a link to the article:
Twin Peaks: Cover Art, Tentative Street Date For Definitive Gold Box Edition

[edit: since the cover art has now been removed, I thought I'd post it here for posterity]

The cover art is absolutely atrocious! And evidently I'm not the only one to think so. By the next day after posting an image of that horrid cover art the site had received many comments, and posted a second article citing the news from dugpa.com with even more info.
Lynch Fansite Provides Insight Into Gold Box Bonus Material

So, I need to decide if I will purchase this edition or sit on my wallet waiting for the Pilot or an actual DEFINITIVE set to be released some day. I'm not inclined to give this corporation the money they want (and least not right away, feeling somewhat satisfied by the Season Two release) and jumping through a hoop for them. Unless, of course, there are some absolutely spectacular special features, which I doubt will be the case.

After all, I just shelled out a tidy sum for the import Pilot and Season 1, though the pre-order of Season 2 was cheap.

I suppose another incentive would be a corrected soundtrack, fixing the awful problems most of Season 2 has, especially the overloud music. But I definitely will wait for dugpa's assessment before coughing up more cash.

Hmmm. Wonder what it will cost? And how many discs it will have?
Predictions anyone?[/img]
Last edited by wallydanger on Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Do you see creamed corn on that plate?"
> Enter The Lodge
Erwin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Erwin »

Last edited by Erwin on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I'm going to get it. I held off on the recent second season set because i knew of the 'complete mystery' box set. Also, if they release it in hi-def, i will get that too...
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
wallydanger
Roadhouse Member

Post by wallydanger »

Well, I probably would buy it if I could afford it, but unfortunately I live far below the poverty level.

I should have waited, but with news of the Season 2 release I had an overwhelming desire to experience the series again. There was just no more waiting.
> Enter The Lodge
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I added my own poll option. :)
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

I'm thinking on the same lines as you wallydanger, I put aside money for the release of season 2, thinking it would be a quality produced item, at least matching my season 1 + pilot[UK], well we all know that's not what happened. I am willing to pay a good price for quality and something I would treasure, but not a load of money on several cheaply produced editions that don't satisfy. I would then have spent all the money [probably more] I'd put aside for a disappointing collection and end up glaring at that gold box with hatred.

So I too will await dugpa's thoughts on this
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

Personally, I think the quality of the extras mainly determines if I'd buy it, but I do have my doubts about that considering I have rarely been impressed by Paramount in the extras department. I probably would buy it for the pilot, as it would be great to see a remasted version, even though the pilot on my Region 4 Season 1 set is watchable, obviously a remastered one would be better to have.
katherine_b

Post by katherine_b »

I can't believe that they will not have any deleted scenes on the DVD. Unless they add deleted scenes, I think I will wait for the pilot to be released separately. :roll:
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

the gold box packaging is the most terrible thing i've ever seen. how can anyone think thats a good idea? hopefully the pilot will be released on its own..
wallydanger
Roadhouse Member

Post by wallydanger »

katherine_b wrote:I can't believe that they will not have any deleted scenes on the DVD. Unless they add deleted scenes, I think I will wait for the pilot to be released separately. :roll:
Yep, me too. But it's just possible that nothing is set in stone yet. Maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised, since we have such low expectations. :?:
> Enter The Lodge
The Magician
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Magician »

I suppose another incentive would be a corrected soundtrack, fixing the awful problems most of Season 2 has, especially the overloud music.
Aw! Are you telling me this was a mistake? It was one of my favorite parts of the season 2 opener. When Dona and Maddy are sitting in the diner talking about NOTHING, the music is so blaringly loud you can barely hear their awkward conversation. I thought it was Lynch brilliantly messing with us, since we had been waiting so long for the second season to begin... Rats.
Sometimes things can happen just like this. *snap*

J'ai une âme solitaire.