So this is goodbye...

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

So this is goodbye...

Post by Hockey Mask »

We are only two days from the finale. Assuming we won't be getting a Season 4 or a follow up film I expect members will slowly drift away from this site.

We still have next week to discuss the final two episodes and the series as a whole and we have another book this fall from Frost but it is safe to say if we don't get an announcement in the next few months for more Peaks this will be it.

I'd like to thank dugpa and all the fanatics (including the Profoundlys) for all the great conversation. I am grateful we live in a day and age where us fans can gather.

So here is my early goodbye to all of you.
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Re: So this is goodbye...

Post by mtsi »

Agreed. I've actually made real friends from this experience.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
We live inside a dream.
Rik Renault
Roadhouse Member

Post by Rik Renault »

Sherilyn Fenn did an interview with the ipaper in the UK this week and they asked if she would be on board for a season 4 and her response was: "David's always said if the fans loved it he would do more." So don't rule it out yet!

I'm gonna miss this community though :(

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Bit dramatic, guys. Dugpa's been around a loooong time.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

I first started lurking here when "The Missing Pieces" was announced, when that was really exciting news because we would get a chance to see previously unseen Twin Peaks material, which pretty much all of us thought would be the last new Twin Peaks material we would ever see.

I think I can safely speak for almost all Twin Peaks fans when I say that for a very long time we thought the two seasons and movie were the all there was to the core of the Twin Peaks franchise. And that was enough to justify yearly conventions, the "Wrapped in Plastic" magazine, and forums like this. That had everything to do with convincing the people who needed to be convinced that reviving the franchise was a worthwhile venture.

The revival has brought with it countless new media, and interest is likely to remain much stronger than it was in those days when people kept it alive only to discuss a decades old franchise. And I get the feeling the finale will give us plenty to discuss for a long time. And not to mention what will surely be a lot of discussion and speculation of whether we could be getting more Twin Peaks down the road, something that seemed like a stretch to speculate about in the not so recent past.

So to anyone inclined, keep on Peakin' on!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I will miss you all.

Especially you Scarecrow.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

I will leave Dugpa when there are no more crazy ass fan theories to discuss.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

That could be awhile, but yeah....it will definitely slow down here.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
We live inside a dream.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jerry Horne wrote:I will miss you all.

Especially you Scarecrow.
The board will probably be easier to moderate with no users.

I do understand what Hockey Mask is saying, though. There will come a time when many of us who have been on this board countless times a day will be checking it 2-3 times a week, and eventually perhaps less. It's been a wild ride. As Bob Dylan sang in "Mississippi" (not to be confused with the Cactus Blossoms cut), "I've got nothing but affection for all those who sailed with me."
JohnGSmoke
Roadhouse Member

Post by JohnGSmoke »

This isn't goodbye that's unless you want it to be. Alot of us have been lurking or posting for 27 years now. We hope you stick around.
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

I refuse to say goodbye. My hopes are still there for a 4th season. So I'll keep my fingers crossed that we can soon talk about, how another season will map out.
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

I was lurking as a guest for years before The Return pulled me into the active membership. While I might not be as active in posting after tonight, I'll still be here.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
Saela
Roadhouse Member

Post by Saela »

Novalis wrote:I was lurking as a guest for years before The Return pulled me into the active membership. While I might not be as active in posting after tonight, I'll still be here.
Although I'm not very active, I visit this website a lot and always enjoy reading your posts.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I lurked for many years and at the very least will continue to do so.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
IAmNotYourFoot

Post by IAmNotYourFoot »

Hi, there! I just registered here today, though I've visited the site many, many times in the past.

I co-hosted a panel on Twin Peaks back in 2001 at a convention, when all we had was the campaign for the deleted scenes. Certainly not even a glimmer of hope on the horizon for a third season.

Given that The Prisoner first aired back in 1967 and I still see convention rosters that include discussion panels on it from time to time, I'd say that a show is as alive and active as its fandom is. :)

I registered here today because all the new episodes have now aired and it is fully safe to discuss, but I'm probably not going to offer my analysis even yet: I want to do a full rewatch of the whole thing, incorporating official auxiliary material along the way (like the diary, TSHOTP, etc.), and so on. Only then will I feel like I can offer something like an informed opinion. :D

For me, the enjoyment is really just beginning. :)
"What do you fear most in the world?"
"The possibility that love is not enough."