Appetizer for Tonight's Finale - Twin Peaks Break Beats!

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jam Burglar

Appetizer for Tonight's Finale - Twin Peaks Break Beats!

Post by Jam Burglar »

I don't post here much but I've been coming here for well over 10 years. I love this site!

Anyway, I've been working on a Twin Peaks themed mixtape and this is the first track. Everything is comprised (mostly) from samples from the show. Angelo Badalamenti has got to be one of the greatest composers who ever lived. I hope you all like it.

There's also more to come in the future!
btaw

Re: Appetizer for Tonight's Finale - Twin Peaks Break Beats!

Post by btaw »

I had a listen and am intrigued, and interested to hear more. :)

Do you have plans for how you are going to release?

Might not have been the best time to post, given it got swamped by the finale tidal wave. Consider this a bump so that you might get the attention you deserve.
garrett8250

Post by garrett8250 »

This is awesome! I'd like to have a whole collection of these tracks. Very atmospheric. Thanks for creating and sharing!
Jam Burglar

Post by Jam Burglar »

Thanks for listening! The title of the project is "The Black Lodge" and the tracks are all based around the dark and/or supernatural aspects of Twin Peaks.

I don't have any specific plans for release other than I'll likely post individual tracks when I finish them and then follow through by posting completed project as an "album" (likely with some additional bonus filler.) I've got a few tracks that are in the middle stages of completion and a few more that I have some strong ideas for but haven't started recording yet. The video was just an afterthought but if people like the video format I may continue to do that. Everything will be completely free of course. This is done strictly as a fan project for love of the show.
btaw

Post by btaw »

Sounds good. I assumed from the first post that you had already (part)finished, so was just curious as to when I could get my hands on it. :D

I thought the video was very effective too, well edited and suited the mood perfectly.

Good luck with the rest of the project!