Sabrina Sutherland Reddit AMA on Sun., Sep 10 @ 3PM PT

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Sabrina Sutherland Reddit AMA on Sun., Sep 10 @ 3PM PT

Post by LonelySoul »

The Reddit crew is excited to share with you that Sabrina Sutherland will be doing a Reddit Ask Me Anything event next Sunday. Please see the link for details. We can't wait!

UPDATE:
We're live:

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... r_of_twin/
Last edited by LonelySoul on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: Sabrina Sutherland Reddit AMA on Sun., Sep 10 @ 3PM PT

Post by N. Needleman »

Hooooo boy.

(nice avatar, btw)
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Hmmmm:
I had the opportunity to meet Sabrina at this year's Twin Peaks Fest and I can assure you that this will be a very interesting event. She is extremely knowledgeable and very willing to answer questions. However, I must tell to you that she has warned me that there are still things she can't answer, despite the series finishing. Make of that what you will.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Nice, it should be an interesting AMA for sure.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

nice!! i was very suprised to learn that S. Sutherland was a production coordinator on the original TP series as well
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

claaa7 wrote:nice!! i was very suprised to learn that S. Sutherland was a production coordinator on the original TP series as well
I love that DKL works with the same crew on project after project, letting many work their way up the ranks. Southerland seems to have sort of become DKL's mouthpiece for TR, as he seems less happy doing interviews than ever. (The GQ interview was hysterically 90% a meta piece on the fact that DKL wouldn't answer anything.)
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
claaa7 wrote:nice!! i was very suprised to learn that S. Sutherland was a production coordinator on the original TP series as well
I love that DKL works with the same crew on project after project, letting many work their way up the ranks. Southerland seems to have sort of become DKL's mouthpiece for TR, as he seems less happy doing interviews than ever. (The GQ interview was hysterically 90% a meta piece on the fact that DKL wouldn't answer anything.)
true, Cronenberg is the same as well.. it does a lot for the consistant world building. no film project is the work of one man alone
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

N. Needleman wrote:Hmmmm:
I had the opportunity to meet Sabrina at this year's Twin Peaks Fest and I can assure you that this will be a very interesting event. She is extremely knowledgeable and very willing to answer questions. However, I must tell to you that she has warned me that there are still things she can't answer, despite the series finishing. Make of that what you will.
Hmmmm, indeed! Some secrets you take to the grave, I guess (or she just has no fucking idea, haha)
asmahan
RR Diner Member

Post by asmahan »

Damn, I really want to ask about who voiced the Evolution of the Arm, but I'm worried I'm going to forget lol
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

asmahan wrote:Damn, I really want to ask about who voiced the Evolution of the Arm, but I'm worried I'm going to forget lol
Great question. I've been wondering the same for a while. From past AMAs I remember /u/iswitt or Lonelysoul is pretty helpful with asking questions for other people. I might have to come up with some questions beforehand as well, since I won't be able to attend at given time.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I wanna ask her when is season 4 going to come out :D
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Hmm, I have many questions in mind for her but I'll try to focus and find questions that she will actually be able to answer.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

I'm definitely going to try and get on there and ask her about how they did the young Laura scenes in 17 and 18. I hope someone drops that question to her.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Makeup, a wig and low lighting.
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

Is that a guess or confirmation? If it's a guess it's a good one, but one of the Twin Peaks Unwrapped guys is going around saying Francesca Eastwood who played the Odessa waitress doubled as her, which I'm fairly certain is incorrect (a bad guess). I'd like to hear someone involved with the production confirm it.

I also think CGI may be a possibility, it's a technology that's being used more and more frequently for de-aging and Scorcese will use it extensively for "The Irishmen". I think some fleeting shots of young Laura may have been in their budget. Part 8 proved Lynch doesn't shy away from using cutting edge tech when needed.